View Poll Results: $5 Million dollars in USD 10's and 20's falls out of the back of a bank truck.

Voters
101. This poll is closed
  • I would phone up the police or drive it to the bank immediately

46 45.54%
  • I would take it home and fuck the bank

47 46.53%
  • I would leave it there I am sure they will be back

2 1.98%
  • Other (Comment below)

6 5.94%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Your hypothetical scenarios lately have been pretty boring because they essentially say "no one will ever know" So you're essentially asking if someone would want 5 million dollars with no consequences. Obviously the answer is yes.
    Well the question is about morality and the guilt of having acquired money through means not directly related to your own efforts. Sorry if that is boring to you, but I do think the question is worth asking, especially considering all the temptations that come along in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    You can't simply take it home. That's why the whole money laundry industry exists.
    Sure you can they are 10's and 20's they aren't specifically tracked.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd give it to people to stop making pointless and inane polls/threads.

If you believe that spending $5 million dollars in cash, without getting caught, is going to be easy, you're living in denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it's a boring morality scenario because no one is really going to be missing that money besides maybe a few people who already have plenty of it. It's not like they'll have to make up the 5 million by taking it out of people's accounts or something. I also don't see how there can be guilt from acquiring money simply because it's not by your own efforts.
    I actually agree with you, but there are some people like the ones that believe in dye packs being on the back of a fucking transport truck, and serial numbers being able to used to track 10's and 20's federal currency, some would be riddled with guilt thinking some grandma isn't going to be able to pay her mortgage or some how it will be more significant than it is.

It's amazing how different people perceive something morally ambiguous. But your critique is noted, I will do my best to step up my polling questions. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    If you believe that spending $5 million dollars in cash, without getting caught, is going to be easy, you're living in denial.
    Depends on your spending habits, this is probably easily the most logical consequences in all this, you WON'T be paying off your mortgage or buying a bunch of cars without getting noticed, it's called the IRS

So basically you are correct, but if you have a long came and think realistically and several steps ahead who knows.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Considering the bank will have the serial numbers of every bill they lost...that money is pretty much worthless. As soon as it enters circulation again they'll be looking for you. Plus, it would take some time to load the car with all of it...thus increasing the likelihood of being noticed.

Also, 1 million dollars in 20's weighs about 110 pounds and this 5 million dollars is split between 10's and 20's. So you're probably looking at around 1000 pounds of cash.
    You do realize that 10's and 20's weigh the same don't you. It would still be 550 pounds not 1000 pounds.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Take it home and play paint ball with them. Throwing wads of $10,000 at poor people and watching it explode in their face would be well worth the jail time.

I voted for taking the money and fucking the bank. Because I like money and having sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Sure you can they are 10's and 20's they aren't specifically tracked.
    5 Million dollars in 20s is something like 500 pounds. I have no idea how much space it would take up, but I kinda doubt it would fit in my car.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    You do realize that 10's and 20's weigh the same don't you. It would still be 550 pounds not 1000 pounds.
    It takes twice as many 10s as it does 20s to equal the same amount of money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I'm not smart enough to know how to make millions of dollars in cash disappear into accounts without people noticing, so no.
    Shit man for $5million I'd take some time out of my day to figure it out!
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

for such high amounts of money,there's no chance they won't notice as little as a bill missing,they keep a very close high on money in such amounts.

No way I could take some and get away with it.so I'd just report it.

However,if no one would ever know and there would be no consequences...fuck yeah m8

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    It takes twice as many 10s as it does 20s to equal the same amount of money.
    Thank you. I actually forgot that part. To tired from all the rain I guess.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be unscrupulous with a couple grand, but several million? As much as I'd love the money, that's a little too much green to rick getting caught.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 Million dollars in 20s is something like 500 pounds. I have no idea how much space it would take up, but I kinda doubt it would fit in my car.
    I don't know how much it would weight, it would for sure fit in your car. I doubt it's 500lbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually more entertained by how much people suck at hypothetical scenarios. You clearly state "nobody would know" and yet people come up with a hundred ways that someone will know.
    Yes, you noticed that, and YOU said it would be boring Although you still have a damn good point, probably boring to you because you could reasonably predict the realistic scenarios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If it was a hypothetical, "You can't get caught" scenario...of course I'm taking it. Fuck, you don't think the bank in question doesn't find a plethora of different ways to do the exact same thing to all of us? Oh sure, they don't physically come up and take it, and they lobby such that it's "legal" when they do it, but...shiiiitt...you're damn right I'm taking their money.
    Haha no real judgement either way, I mean some people have real reasons why they would or would, some generally thread towards more reality than others. It is a life changing amount though.

10+ Year Old Account

$5 million dollars (USD) falls out of the back of a bank truck in notes of 10's and 20's you were taking a short cut through the park and obviously they were too, it's been a little bit and your car is 2 minutes away, you could take this cash and nobody would know, what do you do?
    I would take the cash, and transport it safely to where the name of the bank truck says. I have a right to a finder's fee.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Take it, bring it to the police, and claim salvage. 10% of 5 000 000 comes to 500 000, nice enough sum.

I don't know how much it would weight, it would for sure fit in your car. I doubt it's 500lbs.
    1 million dollars in $20s weighs 110.15 lbs and takes up 22.35 cubic feet (http://bloodysteel.proboards.com/thread/685 and several others I can find if you want). The trunk of a midsize car is only about 17 cubic feet. Now multiply that by 5.

OP would be better if it were drug money.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    1 million dollars in $20s weighs 110.15 lbs and takes up 22.35 cubic feet (http://bloodysteel.proboards.com/thread/685 and several others I can find if you want). The trunk of a midsize car is only about 17 cubic feet. Now multiply that by 5.
    Make more than 1 Trip, take only half the bags, or 1?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    OP would be better if it were drug money.
    Hahaha good point, Live and learned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarshamy View Post
    All the money bags that bank trucks carry contain paint bomb. You can't open it without destroying it.
    yes u can!!
    Deep freeze it. the paint bombs dont explode
    The Monk Phenomenon