View Poll Results: $5 Million dollars in USD 10's and 20's falls out of the back of a bank truck.

Voters
101. This poll is closed
  • I would phone up the police or drive it to the bank immediately

46 45.54%
  • I would take it home and fuck the bank

47 46.53%
  • I would leave it there I am sure they will be back

2 1.98%
  • Other (Comment below)

6 5.94%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I love the people who say the bills are marked or the serial numbers are all recorded.

Whilst that may or may not be true how many people do you honestly know check? How many shop clerks do you see going through a big list of serial numbers for each note? Even larger payments - buying a car. How many do you know truely sit there and go through every single note?

It's like anything else sure you can have the guy on camera but it means shit all if you have no idea who he is or where he is from.

Same with the notes. Sure they might be logged somewhere but it does no good if nobody checks them. Nor does them finding a few flagged notes mean anything since it could've moved hands multiple times by the time some poor bugger goes to a bank and gets pinged.

Personally, I'd stay clear of it since there is likely a criminal organisation that arranged for it to happen. Money doesn't just fall off trucks - not those trucks at least - without setting off a lot of alarms and bells.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I love the people who say the bills are marked or the serial numbers are all recorded.

Whilst that may or may not be true how many people do you honestly know check? How many shop clerks do you see going through a big list of serial numbers for each note? Even larger payments - buying a car. How many do you know truely sit there and go through every single note?

It's like anything else sure you can have the guy on camera but it means shit all if you have no idea who he is or where he is from.

Same with the notes. Sure they might be logged somewhere but it does no good if nobody checks them. Nor does them finding a few flagged notes mean anything since it could've moved hands multiple times by the time some poor bugger goes to a bank and gets pinged.

Personally, I'd stay clear of it since there is likely a criminal organisation that arranged for it to happen. Money doesn't just fall off trucks - not those trucks at least - without setting off a lot of alarms and bells.
    If you pass one of these notes for a packet of cheetos you are most likely not gonna get caught but if you turn up at a Lexus dealer with a suitcase of this cash then you better believe you are gonna start raising red flags and forget about posting it in a bank!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    You might like this too. Newcomb's Paradox. It adds more of a twist to the question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcomb%27s_paradox

And Parfit's hitchiker - https://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Parfit's_hitchhiker
    Watched the Video, I love these kinds of problems, always intrigued by better questions, or what's behind an answer. Great Stuff, I would never want to rip off any ideas that aren't already common ideas anyways that people rip off so it's obviously not mine, but this gives me some inspiration for some better questions, again thank you.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    If you pass one of these notes for a packet of cheetos you are most likely not gonna get caught but if you turn up at a Lexus dealer with a suitcase of this cash then you better believe you are gonna start raising red flags and forget about posting it in a bank!
    Well, a bank would be the only people who would check as part of their own internal systems. I do not include them for obvious reasons.

But to use the car again - many second-hand sellers would deal with cash no problems. Some guy on gumtree (or whatever the US version is) isn't going to be that picky about whether it's cash, EFTPOS or credit card, he'll just take the stacks of money.

But even more than that people underestimate the greed of others. Does that dealer really care about where the money came from so long as he gets his commission? There are plenty of car dealers that would gladly take cash in hand for a car and not ask many questions about it. There is no real risk to him if he has those notes on his person he'd just point at the paperwork. Any money seized would be recovered by insurance.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2017-08-27 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarshamy View Post
    All the money bags that bank trucks carry contain paint bomb. You can't open it without destroying it.
    so how do they open it?

On topic: Yes. I would no questions. And, i'm smart enough to not go on a spending spree. That money would last me and my ancestor's lives for generations.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Well, a bank would be the only people who would check as part of their own internal systems. I do not include them for obvious reasons.

But to use the car again - many second-hand sellers would deal with cash no problems. Some guy on gumtree (or whatever the US version is) isn't going to be that picky about cash, EFTPOS or credit card.

But even more than that people underestimate the greed of others. Does that dealer really care about where the money came from so long as he gets his commission? There are plenty of car dealers that would gladly take cash in hand for a car and not ask many questions about it.
    Well some crooked dealer might be stupid enough to take the money but if you aint stupid you wont try to buy a high end car cause even drug dealers aint stupid enough to turn up at a high end dealer with a pile of cash to buy a high end car. Plus if you want to buy really nice things like a nice house then you have the other added headache of trying to explain to the IRS why you live in a million dollar house but work at McDonalds! If you are smart you would launder all of the money but that is art unto itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    My money now, gimme gimme.