Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Declined Declined Declined

In what way is Mythic+ an alternative to raiding when even for +11 people expect ilvl in the region of 920?

I'm so tired of being declined. I've Mythic raided in the past and can out dps some of the better geared people I see. None of that matters. All people care about is the number.

How are you even supposed to progress if you don't buy boosts for gear? How would I even get back into heroic raiding, let alone Mythic, when people expect you to have gear...obtained by doing the thing? I even have a hard time getting into KJ normal groups. How can I get gear from +15 when people require you to already have that gear?

I'm 907 getting declined from +11. That's ridiculous.

The answer is that Mythic+ isn't an alternative to raiding. You can't get to +15 unless you raid heroic. 11 and higher is just for people with heroic raid gear.
    Last edited by mmoc601899f8ff; 2017-08-27 at 10:02 AM.

you make your own pugs or run with a guild or friends.

people want smooth runs and you have nothing special to prove you can provide a smooth run, so you get declined.

Your problem is you're seeing mythic+ as an "alternative to guilds and friends" rather than an "alternative to raiding".
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

It's easy to get 910-915 now so all the shitty players have that ilvl. You don't want to know how many people are 915 and still can't pull over 600k DPS. Get a guild or find similar people and run dungeons with them. You'll find as you guys practice and get used to repeating the same strategies that doing much higher keys becomes easy, if you care to improve anyway.

Look in your bag, there is this item called a Mythic Keystone. You can insert it at the start of a dungeon and it will make your own mythic+ instance, no need to rely on somebody else to start it for you.

You can't get to +15 unless you raid heroic
    Yes you can, we do +20's in heroic gear where everything has 1.61x more health and damage than +15's.

Your problem is you're seeing mythic+ as an "alternative to guilds and friends" rather than an "alternative to raiding".
    High end content, PVE or PVP, does not go well with random people. If you expect to get anywhere near the top when playing an MMO as a completely solo game then you're going to have a very bad time - it goes against the entire idea of the Genre. WoW isn't like that and never should be.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-08-27 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarathan View Post

people want smooth runs and you have nothing special to prove you can provide a smooth run, so you get declined.
    The problem is when running with your own pugs or running with guild/friends isn't a real option. It never is, honestly.

People want smooth runs? I'm seriously doubting 5-10 ilvls on a single player is going to "smooth" out the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make your own group.

Deleted
    Are you playing DPS perhaps? Need to take a screenshot next time we pug in a dps since a picture is worth more than a thousand words but really, the few times we need to pug in a DPS I can be extremely picky about who I invite. I set the item level requirement to 920 and still have 20-30+ interested in less than a minute.

907 is awful item level at this point and regardless of role and key level, the person can invite someone with better gear than you, it's as simple as that. The best solution for you would be to create your own group, either with other pugs in a similar situation or with friends.

People want smooth runs? I'm seriously doubting 5-10 ilvls on a single player is going to "smooth" out the run.
    30 or 40 people sign up for 2 slots in the group. Higher ilevel player will, on average, have more dedication+skill as both of those (and more) correlate with gear.

Why would you then decline all of the higher ilevel players for the lower ones if it doesn't benefit the group comp etc in any way? That would be even less fair and more confusing to the geared players.

It seems like everybody who asks this question does not understand the basics of how to make a group or what happens when you do open the group finder - this is immediately obvious and basic stuff.

You are also not competing against the content with your gear, there is a floor there that must be met but it is far too low to usually be relevant for skilled players - you're competing against the others players that are signing up. If your gear is trash tier compared to everyone else (and at 907 it is, we've geared alts to the mid 920's within a month so think about all of the main characters out there) and you're playing the role of least relative demand then you're going to have a bad time with pure PUG's.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-08-27 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    30 or 40 people sign up for 2 slots in the group. Higher ilevel player will, on average, have more dedication/skill. Why would you decline the higher ilevel players for the lower ones if it doesn't benefit the group comp etc in any way? That would be even less fair and more confusing to the geared players.
    Can only speak for myself but I tend to avoid the really highly geared people because they have a tendency of being arrogant and leaving if even a single wipe occurs. I tend to invite people between 920-930, that's more than enough for 15-18 keys.

That's the "social aspect" for you.

After you achieve that 920 ilvl, better hope you are playing the right class (or even spec) as well.

Deleted
    Is it even possible to catch up again? Next patch I'll have to run Antorus LFR because why take someone with my gear to Antorus Normal? Then when I have enough gear to be trusted in Normal, people will want Heroic ilvl for Normal.

How the fuck do you even progress anymore when people don't trust anyone outside of their ilvl?

You can say make your own group for Mythic+ (if you want to gear incredibly slowly) but that doesn't work for raiding.

Might as well quit.

join a guild. form your own groups till you can get your gear higher. for raiding you just have to keep applying to groups till you get one. how high ilvl are you? if you're 900+ you should have no problem finding a normal run.

At least YOU will get in a m+ when you're 920. Unlike a shadow priest.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Is it even possible to catch up again? Next patch I'll have to run Antorus LFR because why take someone with my gear to Antorus Normal? Then when I have enough gear to be trusted in Normal, people will want Heroic ilvl for Normal.

How the fuck do you even progress anymore when people don't trust anyone outside of their ilvl?

You can say make your own group for Mythic+ (if you want to gear incredibly slowly) but that doesn't work for raiding.

Might as well quit.
    It always is. It's certainly not easy, but I leveled one part way through ToS and now have no troubles getting into ToS groups. It's a lot of work and time. It also helps to be an in demand class (soakers, healers perhaps).
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Might as well quit.
    Blizzard sanctions two options:

1. Join a raiding guild
    2. Buy gold using tokens and then use the gold to buy runs to boost your ilvl.

Outside of that, I tend to notice that you get better quality of pugs during the work week during working hours between 9am-5pm eastern time monday thru friday. I think that's when the truly dedicated players are playing so you get better runs. Casuals are people with jobs and cannot play during those times. So I would add these options:

1. If you work full time, take 1 vacation day and pug heroic / mythic raids during working hours to see if you get better runs.
    2. If it works, you'll need to take more vacation days until you build up your ilvl.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-08-27 at 07:08 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    finding a guild is not so easy though - if you look through realm forums most guilds that are recruitng ar guilds with strickt goal of doin mythic .

wow is desperately missing low tier guilds due to them having been cannibalised in past and now completly replaced by group finder pugs .

there is desperate need to social casual guilds but nobody bothers to establish such guilds because why bother when you can just pug everything up to mythic raiding ?

overall group finder killed of whatever remains of social guilds that were in game.

its really really tricky to find a guild that goal woudl be just normal/hc and mythic + without goal of mythic raiding - and even if you managed to find one most of time it would be on different server and forcing you to transfer toons - its really not as easy so people make it sound.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-08-27 at 07:20 PM.

Might as well quit.

For ToS this is what I did on alts:

Get about 905 ilvl from following: world bosses, nethershards (farming optional but WQ and isle quests recommended), crafted gear (900ilvl piece costs around 15k), LFR, weekly quest, pvp WQs and m+ cache. This took about 1-2 weeks with really casual playstyle as these were alts.

At 905+ you get into normal groups (maybe not into guaranteed one shot full clear runs and neither should you expect to), probably come out 910 ish.

Now at this point if you want into heroic (915+) you have couple options: do normal for a few weeks or farm mythic+ or continue doing what got you to 905 (everything listed for it can titanforge up to 930-955).

TLDR: Get 2 legendaries and for 1-2 weeks basically do anything other than running around dalaran, you will land at 905 ish which gets you to
    normal which gets you to heroic.
    Easy mode: Tank or heal and you can get away with about 5 less avg ilvl.
    Last edited by Musta Kyy; 2017-08-27 at 07:59 PM.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarathan View Post

OR

You make your own PuG and decline other people.

See?

And from my 8+ years of PuG lead experience: Ilvl matters nothing. Attitude and experience does and it's perfectly fine if they also are geared "enough"(make sure to understand this part or i guarantee you disappointment).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-08-27 at 08:03 PM.