Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Since when is picking an ultimate reportable

First of all , I'm playing Lucio in QM because he is a fun hero to play (At least for me) and I usually pick Reverse Amp :
    People who say Reverse Amp is bad and Sound Barrier is good are the ones who think Malf's tranquility is good and Nightmare is bad ...
    Without Reverse Amp I can totally notice the 3 sec E , And that's really bad (E will be 4 sec when you pick Reverse Amp , That means extra healing , Also if you pick E talent at 20 It will be 7.5 instead of 5.5 , That means around 30% more healing)
    My point is why do people report others for picking an Ult that is not that bad and most importantly , IN FREAKING QM ? Isn't QM meant for fun ? Isn't QM supposed to be non-serious ? Also another one , The same people who report Think that Lucio is a guy who can save them from 1v5 (Funny right) And that "sound barrier could have saved us the game"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are idiots.

Thread over.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People are idiots.

Thread over.
    This. People are dumb and get mad when they're bad, so look to blame everyone else. Healer picked a non-healing ult? That'll do. Blame them.

7+ Year Old Account
    People are bad
    also tranquility is bad? Since when? Also the level 20 talent gives everyone mana and more healing, so... since when was tranquility bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    This. People are dumb and get mad when they're bad, so look to blame everyone else. Healer picked a non-healing ult? That'll do. Blame them.
    Well said my friend , but Reverse Amp increases massive healing of E by an additional 1 sec so it is not completely a non-healing ult , Not completely a healing ult either
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People are idiots.

Thread over.
    The same "Idiots" will have you get silenced (It's the sad part , I've already got silenced once due to unknown reasons after 2 years and if this stacks up on it then I have no other choice but to leave this game)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    People are bad
    also tranquility is bad? Since when? Also the level 20 talent gives everyone mana and more healing, so... since when was tranquility bad?
    People have different minds , Since every malf picks nightmare , surely it will make people think that way
    Same goes to Lucio picking sound barrier always

If you get silenced for trivial reason like being reported for picking talents or heroes other party members dont like, you can just contact support and appeal silence and it will be removed within few hours.

Happened to me twice (I play Gazlowe in HL and baddies like to put the blame on "troll" hero) and silence was removed. Just dont take the bait when someone starts to vent on you, because then GM will just quote whatever nasty thing you said and uphold the silence (that happened to me as well).

Best advice would be to just instantly mute/report whoever starts the blame game, as its pointless to try reasoning with them, and you might end up getting yourself silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    Well said my friend , but Reverse Amp increases massive healing of E by an additional 1 sec so it is not completely a non-healing ult , Not completely a healing ult either
    Oh, sure, but community perception is that healers have a "healing ult" and a "damage ult". You picked the damage one, so you're the one who's bad, obviously [/s].

Deleted
    People are bad
    Tranquility doesn't save from any half assed focus, doesn't seem that impactful to me. Plus TD is just too strong to pass - it can win entire tf just by pressing an R button. Also consider cooldowns - it has a stupid 100s cd, while his much more impactful alternative has 90s cd and Li Li's considerably better version of it has 70s cd. So if someone picks Tranq, I do become disappointed. But of course only idiots report over a talent/ult pick.
    Last edited by mmocbe30b8209e; 2017-08-28 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are bad
    It's not bad it's just twilight dream being extremely good in comparison
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have no idea how many people used to bitch about me picking Water Dragon, it seems to have calmed a bit down though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    while his much more impactful alternative has 90s cd and Li Li's considerably better version of it has 70s cd.
    While I mostly share the assessment of TD vs Tranquility, this is off. 1000 jugs is channeled, so can be interrupted and prevents Li Li from doing other stuff; Tranquility is an aura, so Malf can cast other spells while it remains active - including Ice Block. Tranquility is clearly superior.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all , I'm playing Lucio in QM because he is a fun hero to play (At least for me) and I usually pick Reverse Amp :
    People who say Reverse Amp is bad and Sound Barrier is good are the ones who think Malf's tranquility is good and Nightmare is bad ...
    Without Reverse Amp I can totally notice the 3 sec E , And that's really bad (E will be 4 sec when you pick Reverse Amp , That means extra healing , Also if you pick E talent at 20 It will be 7.5 instead of 5.5 , That means around 30% more healing)
    My point is why do people report others for picking an Ult that is not that bad and most importantly , IN FREAKING QM ? Isn't QM meant for fun ? Isn't QM supposed to be non-serious ? Also another one , The same people who report Think that Lucio is a guy who can save them from 1v5 (Funny right) And that "sound barrier could have saved us the game"
    I can have fun and still play well and win. So stop saying "just for fun" as if it means you shouldn't play properly.
    Anyway, they probably said they reported you but didn't. Don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I can have fun and still play well and win. So stop saying "just for fun" as if it means you shouldn't play properly.
    Anyway, they probably said they reported you but didn't. Don't worry about it.
    If it was ranked , Sure I could buy that sentence but since it was QM and QM is meant for fun/trying/being non-serious ... Nope , having fun means basically winning the game , rekting some noobs etc And being on the losing side means torture , Specially when you can't do anything to save your team8s
    Diamond+ do have mental issues , This is a fact (I've experienced it almost every game , Keep bitching about other's plays at the end of game , Check their profile BOOM DIAMOND)
    This aside how do you know they don't report ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    People didn’t understand yet that everything is reportable? You can report someone for whatever reason you want to, fuck, you don’t even need a reason to do it… now the real question is, is it somehow against the game rules? No? Stop caring about it then =/
    If everything was reportable , we all would be silenced in about 1 month of trying the game for the first time

10+ Year Old Account
    If everything was reportable , we all would be silenced in about 1 month of trying the game for the first time
    Everything is reportable; only certain things are against the rules. So let them report. As long as you've not done anything against the rules, hostile chatting included, nothing will stick.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You are missing the point… you can report anyone for whatever reason you feel like it or even without having one.

If these reports end up leading to any consequences at all is a completely different thing.

I am free to report you for playing with a specific champion or picking talents that I dislike, will you be punished for such reports? Of course not, none of that crap is against the rules, in fact, filling such reports may be considered as abusing the system, resulting in some sort of punishment for those filling them up.
    How does the report system work anyways ? Like if you have feed , and you got reported for feeding , The GM checks your replay log to see if you have fed or not ?
    OR
    If you have trash talked , and you get reported for trash talking , The GM checks your chat log ? I always though it works this way . Correct me if I'm wrong

Deleted
    How does the report system work anyways ? Like if you have feed , and you got reported for feeding , The GM checks your replay log to see if you have fed or not ?
    OR
    If you have trash talked , and you get reported for trash talking , The GM checks your chat log ? I always though it works this way . Correct me if I'm wrong
    There is no chance in hell it works that way; the manpower and cost required would be absurd. Chat complaints are fully automated I guess and get only doublechecked if the silenced player appeals.

Feeding, afk-ing reports will most of the time be ignored completely, only if a player gets an extremely amount of those his average contributions (siege/hero xp) and activity (apm/interactions with an objective) get compared with a minimum threshold and - if he's below - get him a temporary ban.

As a reality check: Blizzard has ~4700 employees, divided into US, Europe, divided into support/others, divided over 6+ games with WoW as the subscription game getting the majority of support manpower. How many GMs will work on HotS full time? Not many is the only realistic answer.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    There is no chance in hell it works that way; the manpower and cost required would be absurd. Chat complaints are fully automated I guess and get only doublechecked if the silenced player appeals.

Feeding, afk-ing reports will most of the time be ignored completely, only if a player gets an extremely amount of those his average contributions (siege/hero xp) and activity (apm/interactions with an objective) get compared with a minimum threshold and - if he's below - get him a temporary ban.

As a reality check: Blizzard has ~4700 employees, divided into US, Europe, divided into support/others, divided over 6+ games with WoW as the subscription game getting the majority of support manpower. How many GMs will work on HotS full time? Not many is the only realistic answer.
    How do the players contact the GMs to have them un-silenced by them ? and don't they check your entire chat/replay log just to make sure you haven't done anything wrong ?

Deleted
    You contact a support rep via Blizzard App -> HotS -> Options -> Get Help/Support.

And yes, they can and most likely will check your full chat log.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it was ranked , Sure I could buy that sentence but since it was QM and QM is meant for fun/trying/being non-serious ... Nope , having fun means basically winning the game , rekting some noobs etc And being on the losing side means torture , Specially when you can't do anything to save your team8s
    Diamond+ do have mental issues , This is a fact (I've experienced it almost every game , Keep bitching about other's plays at the end of game , Check their profile BOOM DIAMOND)
    This aside how do you know they don't report ?

- - - Updated - - -

And why do you lose? Why is it torture?
    Because people don't try, because people aren't being serious, because people use the excuse "just for fun" to justify how garbage they are at the game. How is winning not fun? Why even bother playing at all if you don't want to win? It's the meaning of a game, to win it.

Go figure what you should be doing yourself then you can demand it of others. I don't expect them to report you because they were just trying to get under your skin with insults. It's not a reportable offense, so why do you worry?

- - - Updated - - -

OR
    It's mostly automated. Enough repeated reports equals punishment.
    I've talked so much shit in HotS and I've only ever been punished once for it. If you do get punished, especially if you're punished severely, you've REALLY worked on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    And why do you lose? Why is it torture?
    Because people don't try, because people aren't being serious, because people use the excuse "just for fun" to justify how garbage they are at the game. How is winning not fun? Why even bother playing at all if you don't want to win? It's the meaning of a game, to win it.

Go figure what you should be doing yourself then you can demand it of others. I don't expect them to report you because they were just trying to get under your skin with insults. It's not a reportable offense, so why do you worry?

- - - Updated - - -

It's mostly automated. Enough repeated reports equals punishment.
    I've talked so much shit in HotS and I've only ever been punished once for it. If you do get punished, especially if you're punished severely, you've REALLY worked on it.
    I think you got it wrong ... Sure I play for fun , But that doesn't mean I wasn't even trying , Hitting buttons like fucking hard just to save your teammates is not "non-serious"
    And yeah I've had the same punishment as you , Talk shit and get silenced ... Once , Ofc this happened after 2 years