Elemental DPS issue / help to improve

Hi Guys,

i am normally playing resto shaman and now want to check out Elemental a bit, farmed some gear and want to top the meters in farm mode ;-).

Unfortunately there is a problem - my dps is really bad atm - I am normally in the 10% iLvl bracket in warcraftlogs.

I have tried to identify my errors + improvement potentials using warcraftlogs and checkmywow and to assist in my rotation using hekili, but I am still stuck - while checkmywow says my rotation / always be casting etc. is mostly fine, my damage obviously isnt.

If you fellow shamans have some idea, in which areas I can improve, it would be great.

Following is the link to a log from yesterday doing Harjatan nhc as an example:
    www_dot_warcraftlogs.com/reports/Fy4P2YQ8pNXTzv7G#fight=7&type=damage-done

Thanks in advance for helping,
    Draana

worldofwarcraft_dot_com/de-de/character/die-ewige-wacht/draana
    Last edited by Draana; 2017-08-28 at 07:21 AM.

You're using Earthquake, and you're not using magma totem. You're 10% of the ilvl of your class, that doesn't mean anything on aoe fights like this.

Thank you very much for your analysis and feedback :-)

Deleted
    Going through the logs i also noticed u were using the wrong talents for some bosses for example dominc inquisition u want to run the ascendance build instead of the lightning rod build best way to check this is also to go through the logs of the top shamans and see what they are using. Gear wise u can not help you unfortunatly since the armory shows your resto gear. One last tip is to look at the elemental shaman website www_dot_stormearthandlava_dot_com.

Thank you very much for your feedbacks ... yeah, I stayed at a lightning rod build the whole time because i wanted to get familiar the rotation and to keep it simple. I will try in this weeks heroic run to improve a little bit and change talents accordin to fight. Thx very much, Draana