Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

August 29 patch notes - Deathmatch, Junkrat, Hog, Orisa, Widow changes now live

https://blizztrack.com/patch_notes/overwatch/39425

Hero Updates

Junkrat

Concussion Mine
    Junkrat can now hold two mines
    RIP-Tire
    Tire’s movement speed has been increased by 30%
    There is no longer a time limit when wall climbing

Developer Comments: Giving the Junkrat the ability to store two concussion mines adds some much-needed flexibility and versatility to his kit, particularly when using the mines for mobility. RIP-Tire’s damage has always been very good, but it was often difficult to steer the tire into position before it was destroyed. Increasing its speed will allow players to effectively detonate the tire more often and decrease the amount of time that Junkrat is vulnerable while controlling it.

Orisa

Fusion Driver
    Projectile speed increased by 20%
    Protective Barrier
    Barrier size increase by 20%
    Barrier shape has been changed to allow for more coverage from enemies that are below the barrier

Developer Comments: The projectile speed increase helps Orisa’s consistency, especially at medium ranges (or further). Her barrier size has been increased to better protect her team, and the new shape makes the shield more effective when it’s used on slopes or on top of objects (such as a payload).

Roadhog

Take a Breather
    Can now be used while moving
    Damage taken while healing has been reduced by 50%

Developer Comments: These changes help Roadhog be much more aggressive when looking for hook targets or blocking for his team. The combination of these effects significantly increases Roadhog’s sustainability and survivability.

Widowmaker

Grappling Hook
    Cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 8
    Venom Mine
    Affected targets are now visible through walls (to you as Widowmaker only)

Developer Comments: Widowmaker is extremely powerful in the right hands, but her abilities often felt a little weak. The Grappling Hook cooldown reduction means she is more likely to have it available when she needs to escape. Venom Mine is intended to be an early warning system, uncovering enemies that are attempting to flank her or her team. With this change, she can see enemies when they trigger the mine, even if they’re on the other side of a wall.
    Guess I'll have to play a little since three heroes I do play got significant changes. See if it's worth coming back. One thing about that new Rip Tire though, is that new new speed actually makes it harder to control. It flies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Widow is great now. Also, this FFA Deathmatch, thought I'd give it a bash to see how it is, and, I really do like it.

Few games in and this FFA mode is absolute garbage. Each game atleast 4-5 of the people are just playing soldier and you get caught in a chain of them using ults and more often than not you have several people shooting at you within seconds of respawning.

Team DM isnt as bad, still getting spawn killed by snipers because the game likes to respawn in their sights.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2017-08-29 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Few games in and this FFA mode is absolute garbage. Each game atleast 4-5 of the people are just playing soldier and you get caught in a chain of them using ults and more often than not you have several people shooting at you within seconds of respawning.

Team DM isnt as bad, still getting spawn killed by snipers because the game likes to respawn in their sights.
    My experience was the opposite. Team Deathmatch was Team Mei and Roadhog walking around being indestructable, while FFA was a lot of Tracers and Genjis, then me on Widow being able to use 3D space and eventually coming second behind McCree :S

Guess i just had a bad start but i got my box and i probably will never play it again after that experience. Turns out Winston is great for stealing kills and getting out fast without instantly dying to soldier. Came 4th, good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathmatch is by far the BEST thing that has ever happened to Overwatch. I hope it stays. However Genji should be booted from the game mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    rip Cancer Play, team death match is the shit. i really don't care for FFA it is very ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    rip Cancer Play, team death match is the shit. i really don't care for FFA it is very ridiculous.
    its just a fun mode why take it so serious lol

Orisa+Torb combo is going to be even more cockblocky for noobs in QP now :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    its just a fun mode why take it so serious lol
    because everyone tries hard to defend but everyone wants to become a dps main on attack? team death match better stay.

Sorry to jump the gun, but do we know when the current PTR changes on Mercy & Dva will be live? Or approx?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Sorry to jump the gun, but do we know when the current PTR changes on Mercy & Dva will be live? Or approx?
    Hopefully never.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* i hope mercy is changed in a way to make her more difficult to play. It should take as much skill/luck to rez an entire team as it does to wipe a group with an ult.

FFA might actually be the best mode there is to practice at. With no actual objective to focus on and near instant respawns rather close to the enemy, you can spend more of your time working on your killing and less on running back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    FFA might actually be the best mode there is to practice at. With no actual objective to focus on and near instant respawns rather close to the enemy, you can spend more of your time working on your killing and less on running back.
    Agree. Also the constant threats keep you well on your toes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If you're just talking twitch skills, maybe. But the mode is TERRIBLE for certain heroes, who rely on team support or who can blow their load way too soon; Doomfist is funny for the one smash you get, and then three other people kill you.

My favorite thing in FFA right now is getting yourself proper-centered on a jump pad as Bastion and Sentrying up. Bouncing Bastion gooooo. Only works on the one jumppad in the back corner, really; the one by the courtyard is WAY too open.

This is not an effective strategy to win, or even get top 4. It's just funny.

I basically just play McCree and maybe WM in FFA and it's been pretty fun and it feels like good practice.

Getting picked off after I win a duel doesn't really bother me that much, I'm mostly there to just practice aim and some character specific match ups.

Definitely a good addition to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I basically just play McCree and maybe WM in FFA and it's been pretty fun and it feels like good practice.

Getting picked off after I win a duel doesn't really bother me that much, I'm mostly there to just practice aim and some character specific match ups.

Definitely a good addition to the game.
    I'm not criticizing FFA deathmatch, at all; I enjoy it a lot. I'm just kibitzing that it's "good practice", outside of (as you mention) twitch skills. It favors certain heroes, and disfavors others, and that won't translate to other game modes at all.

FFA Deathmatch gets old fast. Seems like it just comes down to who holds the bottom best, DF or Junk. I'm still biased about that, played roughly 8 games of it this morning, 1st time trying the mode out, and only 1 game had a character other than those 2 winning. Technically 2 games were someone other than DF or Junk, but 1 of the games was a DF sitting at 15 kills who then swapped to Pharah because 4 of the people went Junk trying to kill him as DF.
    I find it fun, but I'm kind of over it. Might get a lot more interesting with more maps added on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    FFA Deathmatch gets old fast. Seems like it just comes down to who holds the bottom best, DF or Junk. I'm still biased about that, played roughly 8 games of it this morning, 1st time trying the mode out, and only 1 game had a character other than those 2 winning. Technically 2 games were someone other than DF or Junk, but 1 of the games was a DF sitting at 15 kills who then swapped to Pharah because 4 of the people went Junk trying to kill him as DF.
    I find it fun, but I'm kind of over it. Might get a lot more interesting with more maps added on.
    Junkrat is pretty ridiculous on the current FFA map. With how close quarters it is I often get multiple kills with martyrdom alone. Tons of choke points really help him out and the addition of a second charge of bomb gives him crazy close range burst damage.