Deleted

Question about primal sargerite

Hello... is it just me or if you're an enchanter/herbalist, you can not usre primal sargerite at all? Is there anything useful I can do with them right now or just have to wait till they make them useful for something else? Thanks.

Deleted
    it is used for crafting.
    It is also used to raise Ilvl of crafted items up to 935.
    I think it is a repeatable quest. Bring an obliterium + 1 primordial sargerite, and you get an item that raises ilvl of crafted item +5 to the new cap of 935.

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    it is used for crafting.
    I think it is a repeatable quest. Bring an obliterium + 1 primordial sargerite, and you get an item that raises ilvl of crafted item +5 to the new cap of 935.
    Doesn't work on everything though, when i tried using it on the engineering goggles i got a "This item upgrades with Obliterum"-message, does primal Sargerite only work on the half-dozen new craftables?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    it is used for crafting.
    Well I said... as herbalist/enchanter, what do i need it for? From what i've seen its used for nothing for these 2 professions or am i wrong?

PS Where is the quest about that obliterium? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Doesn't work on everything though, when i tried using it on the engineering goggles i got a "This item upgrades with Obliterum"-message, does primal Sargerite only work on the half-dozen new craftables?
    Yep. Only the new items (one per armor type/profession) can be upgraded to 935. The rest are stuck at 900.

Blizz stuck it in and broke it off for crafters this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Yep. Only the new items (one per armor type/profession) can be upgraded to 935. The rest are stuck at 900.

People say the craziest things. Blizz gave us a bunch of new crafted items that players will want to buy, instead of just updating their old ones with obliterum. But somehow that's screwing the crafters who will be selling these new items?

there will probably be a vendor you can spend them on later

or you could use them to make the obliterum

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    People say the craziest things. Blizz gave us a bunch of new crafted items that players will want to buy, instead of just updating their old ones with obliterum. But somehow that's screwing the crafters who will be selling these new items?
    One whole item. Wow. That, in about 2 days, will drop to less than 10K.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

Worst of all, my main (The only one i'm taking to Argus, don't want to think about doing that hellhole with an elemental shaman...) is miner/engineer, so that makes zero items that can be upgraded, the glider rocks for getting around the place though, so it's not a total waste. (Engineering that is, Argus is a total waste)

1. Primal sargerite - sourced from all material collections, missions and world quests. At the moment this is used for upgrading the new (only the new ones) crafted items from ilvl 885 to ilvl 935. You need 2 primal sargerite for each 5 ilvls - so 20 all up per item. If it follows the legion pattern the next patch will release new crafting items for most slots - at which time there will be a big market for obliterum and primal obliterum. Most of the new crafted items start as BoE before they are upgraded. Primal sargerite is also needed to to craft the ilvl 885 recipes and sometimes used to upgrade to rank 2.

2. Gathered materials and cloth. All materials (except cloth?) are used as WQ handins. The herb is used in three recipes (the mana pot recipe can't be accessed yet). Leather, cloth and ore is used for crafted armor, and ore is used to be prospected for gems. In terms of market after the first week there is likely to be a fading market for the new leather and herb. The cloth market will persist a few weeks. The ore market should persist due to the ongoing gem requirements (we cant access the new jewelcrafting recipes until next week). If new recipes are released in the next patch then that is the time resources will be in more demand.
    Last edited by irdsyd; 2017-09-03 at 03:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are these any use on a toon with only gathering professions but not bothering with upgrading any purchased crafted gear? I looked at the AH and primal oblit is only like 100g higher than normal oblit so mass buying oblit and turning them into primal oblit to sell doesn't seem worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Are these any use on a toon with only gathering professions but not bothering with upgrading any purchased crafted gear? I looked at the AH and primal oblit is only like 100g higher than normal oblit so mass buying oblit and turning them into primal oblit to sell doesn't seem worth while.
    Nope, honestly, Blizz should add a way to dump it

yeah I got over 100, the only use I have at the moment is trying to make primal obliterum from them, but I would need way more felwort and blood of sargeras than actual primal sargertie. I wouldn't be surprised if they added in a vendor that would offer Veiled Crystals of w/e in exchange for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Its use is to create and then use primal obliterum. We are talking about a trinket, a helmet plus an additional item at ilvl 835, the latter two possibly with your perfect stats. For anyone not doing Mythic raiding, these items are very worthwhile
    like a reroll for example. Exactly the kind of stuff you like to equip without farming mythic content every week.