Challenge Tower Artifact Skin change NOT awarded retroactively

So up until 7.3, if you wanted to unlock a tint on one of your challenge tower skins, you'd unlock it on that spec and that spec only. Come 7.3, they realized how stupid of a requirement that was, given how some specs are either bottom of the barrel or can never get a reliable spot in an RBG so they made those tints unlock character-wide, provided you had the baseline skin unlocked, IE, if you did the mage tower challenge in the rest of your specs. A welcome change.

However, it seems like this change is NOT being awarded retroactively, which almost defeats the purpose of the change. Why would some players be punished for doing content early and not have this change applied to them, while others can literally do the SAME content now, (HC Kiljaeden, 10 RBGs, All legion dungeon bosses) and gain 3 times the rewards (4 in the case of druids)?

I can think of no real reason why players who have unlocked the tints on a spec would not be awarded the change retroactively. As it stands right now, I'd need to do the same content ALL over again, only this time for less rewards, so for only 2 of my other specs. How does this make sense?

I got my cat and bear dungeon mage tower skin before 7.3 and went to get that skin for balance and resto today, but it only unlocked the skin for balance. Stuck with just the normal mage tower skin for resto and a big ol' lock over the 10 dungeon skin. It seems like we might still need to unlock each skin separately, but we don't have to do it using that spec or skin.