Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Frost dk buffed? Nope.

Nerfed. Hard.
    /watch?v=NJECkHVOp-g&feature=youtu.be

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't open on phone... what do you mean?
    Been pugging N and H all day and stomping all UHs in group on every boss. Even Hajataratjara

Deleted
    Made up statistics, no relevant number of logs have been published yet to have an accurate sample size, you'll have to wait at least a week or two to get some top logs.

Though Unholy should still be ahead by a lot over frost.

There are 1000s of 7.3 parses for every spec in heroic, including 4k for FDK. Well, every spec but maybe Survival. Anyway, FDK currently ranks 18 out of 24, which is still pretty bad, solidly bottom third. Much better than 23 of 24 where we were before.

... Unholy is #1.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-08-30 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost remaining solidly bottom third I get. It's our usual position, like those F1 racers who are always comfortable ending last. We're used to that. HOWEVER,
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    /.. Unholy is #1.
    I REALLY don't get.

Unholy isn't an outlier. Someone has to be #1, and the variance is not particularly high in the top third of the rankings. The difference between #1 (Unholy) and #5 (Sub) is only 2%, and the difference between #1 and #10 (Frost mage) is 6%.

I mean it's bizarre in that it's a melee and not a warrior, I guess. But not otherwise alarming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are these parses from like 4 min kills with 2 DAs? UH opens at over 2 mill then frost creeps up later

Deleted
    People are still trying to figure out the best combinations of talents, legendaries and gear. Give it a couple of weeks and logs will give a better idea of where frost dk stands.
    I seriously doubt it can compete with unholy right now, but since Blizzard put the effort of revamping frost maybe they'll do a little followup in the next weeks and buff/nerf the spec accordingly.

also blizzard never stated that they would buff Frost right? Just change the gameplay so were not as static as before

But it is more is more static than ever, all we do is pushing obli, frostrike and howling blast but without the strong burst from BoS. :x

The difference is choosing not to spec and build around BoS doesn't hurt you as much. You can choose other talents if you despise BoS and do OK. Still a DPS loss (as it should be), but not a ridiculous 15%+ like it was before.

The difference is choosing not to spec and build around BoS doesn't hurt you as much. You can choose other talents if you despise BoS and do OK. Still a DPS loss (as it should be), but not a ridiculous 15%+ like it was before.
    So where are the parses with BoS beating out Obliteration??? Everything I'm seeing on warcraftlogs shows Obliteration as the consistent choice. There are very few sprinkled parses with BoS, even on the fights with more than 1 target.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    People are still trying to figure out the best combinations of talents, legendaries and gear. Give it a couple of weeks and logs will give a better idea of where frost dk stands.
    I seriously doubt it can compete with unholy right now, but since Blizzard put the effort of revamping frost maybe they'll do a little followup in the next weeks and buff/nerf the spec accordingly.
    A couple week? WoW is one of the simpler games out there, people don't need weeks to figure out what's good, more like 10 minutes. If anything these changes are balanced with the new raid gear in place which means things will change when people start getting that gear, and not from thinking or theory crafting.

My guess is those people have the belt, I didn't sim with that legendary.

My guess is those people have the belt, I didn't sim with that legendary.
    Most are actually using Chest/Bracer combo. It seems its better than Bracer/Belt even with Oblit spec.

In that case, either people are playing non-optimally or the sim is wrong. Either one is absolutely possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Christ, new frost sucks balls.

The ONLY good thing it has right now is Soul of the Deathlord Frostscythe cleavage. We can reach moonkin levels of sustained retarded aoe destruction. Any other reason to keep playing frost is obsolete.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-08-31 at 08:49 PM.

Bunch of useless talents like I posted earlier, but basically everything seems to work OK. The spec does deserve moderate number buffs.

Deleted
    blood main here.. but love to dps. Liked playin as offspec frost in nh and before that and allways tryed to keep up my ap,frost artifact and gear updated for it. Was looking so forward to this "buff" and im rly disapointed. Maybe i need to upgrade the relics 3xambidexitrity and little higher weapon ilvl (941 atm).. but everything alse i got .. 932 ilvl equipped and all legendarys. Whatever i tryed i was doin 20% less dps than my hated unholy offspec wich has 2 missing mastery pieces. doin 850k on goroth.. dunno what was i doin wrong.. after that i went as unholy same fight and facerolled 1.2mil dps...

Seems to be mixed results. Some fights seem slightly better than 7.2.5 at the 90th percentile, some slightly worse.

But its definitely not a substantial buff overall, but the gap between a 60th percentile player and a 95th percentile player just shrunk considerably.