Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer it this way; it fits the theme. This is territory that's as hostile as you can get. Even before the PTR I didn't expect obvious things like roads or clean terrain.
    Next week you might find mac'aree only a bit more manageable.

Then the theme sucks.

It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. This isn't fun.

So everybody.....hows your immersion coming along?

Isnt that what alot of pro no-flyers wanted?

Says no to flying in wow but would rather have a whistle that teleports.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Greetings,

I'm strongly in the camp of no-flying but Krokuun and Antoran are really testing me. I'm wondering what's going through Blizzards mind and why they don't seem to be making terrain easier to navigate and are instead making it harder.

As I said I'm generally not bothered by having to explore via ground mounts, but my limits are being pushed when to get to each world quest you have to run over some of the most chaotic and confusing terrain yet while trying not to get dazed off your mount when charging through often unavoidable fields of mobs. Graveyards also seem to be few and far between making corpse runs a pain.

How do you feel about this?
    Agree. Argus has the same horrible design approach of pathways and little hills hindering you like the entire continent of Legion and WoD. It's annoying as f* and unnecessary.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Could we at least get some grappling hooks here and there, to cross these chasms in Antoran Wastes? And a faster access to the whistle 2.0?

Argus is most retarded zone blizzard ever created. I can't express how much I hate that fucking zone, and I only spent like an hour in it doing that fucking quest chain to unlock relic forge. Most of this time was spent trying to figure out how the fuck to get from point A to point B. Such fun. Not.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2017-08-30 at 10:04 PM.

my opinion to that thing? take the entire data thats necessary for argus - delete every copy except one which you put on a usb drive and than burn thet thing to the ground .. or just throw it in the garbage, thats where it belongs
    blizzard had come a far way in designing shitty zones i didnt have an issue with TI or Tanaan, but this pile of garbage is just that .. garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I love playing it on my Vengeance DH, I can just leap over mountains and glide over chasms. It's pretty fun.

And then I get on my FDK and get dazed and unmounted by 5000 mobs and it's fucking hell.
    Oh great give em more reason to hate us...

What are you all talking about? I actually found Argus rather easy to navigate.

The terrain is only difficult to navigate because you haven't learned how to do it. That's your own fault. It's not changing so if you find it hard to follow paths there is an entirely different problem that needs addressing. Frankly, them making all these hills and valleys is ways to make smaller land a bit larger. Not the answer you want to hear, but the truth of it.
    The one thing I truly don't like is the amount of mobs in the areas. But we are invading an entire planet of demons and we have all these idiots clamoring for wanting classic back so that's where we end up.
    If they took action against tons of dismounts and fighting dozens of mobs constantly the rest is moot.
    But remember, the entire game used to be this way and you had a 4 second mount cast with 60 percent speed as the most you'd realistically obtain. You will adapt.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I prefer it this way; it fits the theme. This is territory that's as hostile as you can get. Even before the PTR I didn't expect obvious things like roads or clean terrain.
    Next week you might find mac'aree only a bit more manageable.
    ^ this

People expected to go on a trip in GOLDSHIRE, not Argus aka Legion foothold.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What are you all talking about? I actually found Argus rather easy to navigate.
    Yeah sure it just has several floors with only one path leading to them crowded with mobs left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    The terrain is only difficult to navigate because you haven't learned how to do it. That's your own fault. It's not changing so if you find it hard to follow paths there is an entirely different problem that needs addressing. Frankly, them making all these hills and valleys is ways to make smaller land a bit larger. Not the answer you want to hear, but the truth of it.
    The one thing I truly don't like is the amount of mobs in the areas. But we are invading an entire planet of demons and we have all these idiots clamoring for wanting classic back so that's where we end up.
    If they took action against tons of dismounts and fighting dozens of mobs constantly the rest is moot.
    But remember, the entire game used to be this way and you had a 4 second mount cast with 60 percent speed as the most you'd realistically obtain. You will adapt.
    which paths are you talking about? there is no clear path to a target destination, if i want to go to an wq in the north i will head there straight line and end at a cliff so i will have to walk far south to find the way on the cliff there after searching for it, sure with time i will remember that if i want to go north i have to go south - doesnt make the design good, though

Yeah these zones are... horrible.

lol @ this thread, best patch ever. So much winning.

Players want to not play, it's true. They've been playing a year, they want to log in once a week and raid or do a daily or two and log out, they've kept their character up and that's that.

Argus is a new quest zone that is going to last for months and months. It is a rich and storied quest zone and you won't breeze through it because you believe you are OP and have earned it. It will be just like Suramar, and this is the first time this late in an xpak that we've got something this good. So nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    So far ive been okay with it, having a blast on my rogue and im running as Blood on DK so not much issue there either cus invincible. But, i do find myself wanting to fly a couple times. It was just so convenient on the Broken isle. I feel like they spoiled me and then they took it away because i abused it. They gave other toys to play with but i really like my convenient one.

If blizz wants to go no fly, fine. But dam then fix, ease out the blood terrain. Less unclimbable mountains and hills , reduce the chances of getting dazed or hell implement a Zelda BOTW climbing mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    lol @ this thread, best patch ever. So much winning.

Players want to not play, it's true. They've been playing a year, they want to log in once a week and raid or do a daily or two and log out, they've kept their character up and that's that.

Argus is a new quest zone that is going to last for months and months. It is a rich and storied quest zone and you won't breeze through it because you believe you are OP and have earned it. It will be just like Suramar, and this is the first time this late in an xpak that we've got something this good. So nice.
    "Best patch ever", "this good" - I must have played another version of 7.3 then. I am doing the starter quest on my second character and I already can't stand them. Haven't found anything "this good" in 7.3 yet.

They are making this a pain in the ass more than anything.

It's not enven enjoyable

Argus terrain is awful. Not having the whistle upgrade from the start alongside no flying makes it painful and annoying af to play. I am a lore junkie and love being on Argus...but actually playing there with no flying, no whistle and WQ's seemingly placed in the most difficult to reach areas is really testing my patience.