Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Even after everything people try to discredit Trump (and everything he does to discredit himself), the markets appearently still have confidence in him and his policies.
    At this point what the market is confident of is his utter inability to pass legislation.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Exactly. Job killing regulations which he ended with executive orders have given the economy a boost. And the results will be even more pronounced in the months to come. And this is what most people will see and want to continue. Prosperity for their families.
    Yeah, crazy to think that since November 4th, we had more market growth in 8 months than we did in the previous 5 years, and most of that was market catch up after the 2009 bottom out.

Do i think blanket tax cuts will work? not really, but a solid tax reform, which investors are banking on, will absolutely help. If we close loopholes and make it impossible for individuals and businesses to evade taxes, while adding a little bit of a tax break, it will better in the long run.

Current tax reform has 3 tiers

15%
    25%
    35%

This system is also closing loopholes, this would actually be a really big deal and a legislative win for BOTH PARTIES, i just hope that the dems dont go into "never Trump" mode and just oppose it to oppose it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    At this point what the market is confident of is his utter inability to pass legislation.
    The markets are confident about tax reform and healthcare reform, if investors believed he could get nothing done and we would stay at the status-quo, the markets would be just as anemic as they were this time last year. But, what do i know, im just a financial analyst

7+ Year Old Account
    my 401k has been rocketing forward like its been on crack. so far, im liking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    The markets are confident about tax reform and healthcare reform, if investors believed he could get nothing done and we would stay at the status-quo, the markets would be just as anemic as they were this time last year. But, what do i know, im just a financial analyst
    Yeah, that healthcare reform is coming along nicely, I hear. How many votes has it failed so far? And how many acts has 45 signed into law?

That's complete hogwash, earnings have brought the market back up the Trump trade died a long time ago. There is still confidence in tax reform passing and some deregulation from banks these are currently priced in. I spent years as a financial analysts and you have to admit the reason the market is the way it is for the most part aside from earnings is central bank interventions which neither Trump or Obama have anything to do with.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's complete hogwash, earnings have brought the market back up the Trump trade died a long time ago. There is still confidence in tax reform passing and some deregulation from banks these are currently priced in. I spent years as a financial analysts and you have to admit the reason the market is the way it is for the most part aside from earnings is central bank interventions which neither Trump or Obama have anything to do with.
    I did state this is all because of investor confidence, its nothing Trump himself has done, its everything to do with how investors see the future. That future being deregulation, and tax reform, which ultimately is something congress will hopefully pass, because our tax system is complete dog shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that healthcare reform is coming along nicely, I hear. How many votes has it failed so far? And how many acts has 45 signed into law?
    Sigh, you missed the point completely

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Exactly. Job killing regulations which he ended with executive orders have given the economy a boost. And the results will be even more pronounced in the months to come. And this is what most people will see and want to continue. Prosperity for their families.
    The major "job killing" regulations Trump keep referring to cannot be lifted with executive orders unless you think killing our water and air is going to create a huge boom and magically bring coal jobs back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    The stock market is the best indicator because it 100% relies on the long forecast of the economy . The US is doing great and will continue to do so for many years . Thank you TRUMP.
    The Stock Market is a horrible indicator of the state of the economy. There's an absurd level of disconnect between what happens there and the average consumer's buying power.

And Trump hasn't done SHIT. Like...literally he has not done one thing while in office that would have any effect on this.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I did state this is all because of investor confidence, its nothing Trump himself has done, its everything to do with how investors see the future. That future being deregulation, and tax reform, which ultimately is something congress will hopefully pass, because our tax system is complete dog shit.
    Investors are confident that central banks will not raise rates as fast because Trump is unstable, after the failure of repealing the ACA most of the confidence that he will pass something is low. The republican party is even more divided when it comes to tax reform than it was for healthcare, the only people believe this will be an easy lift are the people in the administration. You need bi-partisanship to pass real tax reform the most the market is hoping for is a short term lowering of tax rates using reconciliation, that's the reality.

Thanks Trump, I look forward to 7 more years of economic prosperity.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Investors are confident that central banks will not raise rates as fast because Trump is unstable, after the failure of repealing the ACA most of the confidence that he will pass something is low. The republican party is even more divided when it comes to tax reform than it was for healthcare, the only people believe this will be an easy lift are the people in the administration. You need bi-partisanship to pass real tax reform the most the market is hoping for is a short term lowering of tax rates using reconciliation, that's the reality.
    The Fed wouldn't raise rates rapidly anyways because of QE, rates are far to volatile, that's been knowledge for years.

Problem with the republicans is the same shit story its always been, freedom caucus, tea baggers, and rhinos fucking up everything for the more moderate people who are actually willing to keep taxes roughly where they are, with a reform to a broken system. The key to tax reform is to reach across the isle to the moderate dems, if here are any left, who are actually willing to work with the moderate republicans on the hill. I dont think reform will be easy, it never is, but investors are banking on it getting done before 2020, which i believe it will be.

- - - Updated - - -

The major "job killing" regulations Trump keep referring to cannot be lifted with executive orders unless you think killing our water and air is going to create a huge boom and magically bring coal jobs back.
    Not only that, most of the "killed jobs" don't even exist anymore. No business will ever bring major factory jobs back to the US where they have to pay for benefit packages, higher wages, higher taxes, it makes no sense. Only thing you can do is pass some reform and hope newer business that are based in the US dont use good old inversion to run away. Saying jobs are coming back is just pandering

The Fed wouldn't raise rates rapidly anyways because of QE, rates are far to volatile, that's been knowledge for years.
    The fed has signaled more rate hikes this year far more than the market is pricing in. The real problem is inflation rates are not fitting the fed model but we shall see this is an economic experiment no one has ever done this especially on a global scale.

Problem with the republicans is the same shit story its always been, freedom caucus, tea baggers, and rhinos fucking up everything for the more moderate people who are actually willing to keep taxes roughly where they are, with a reform to a broken system. The key to tax reform is to reach across the isle to the moderate dems, if here are any left, who are actually willing to work with the moderate republicans on the hill. I dont think reform will be easy, it never is, but investors are banking on it getting done before 2020, which i believe it will be.
    The odds of democrats voting for a tax reform being pushed by Trump are slim to none, any democrat that will work with him is going to be lose their jobs. Trump has not reached across the isle, he has spent most of his time attacking and blaming democrats and their leaders heck he even attacks people in his own party.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The fed has signaled more rate hikes this year far more than the market is pricing in. The real problem is inflation rates are not fitting the fed model but we shall see this is an economic experiment no one has ever done this especially on a global scale.

The odds of democrats voting for a tax reform being pushed by Trump are slim to none, any democrat that will work with him is going to be lose their jobs. Trump has not reached across the isle, he has spent most of his time attacking and blaming democrats and their leaders heck he even attacks people in his own party.
    Senators on both side, if they don't actually do something, are all going to lose their jobs anyways (which would be nice). The system has been frozen since half way through GWB 8 years. If repubs and dems start getting voted out of office, fuck em, they don't do shit anyways.

On the Fed though, they say rates are expected to rise all the time, and almost always back out of it until the next FOMC meeting.

Senators on both side, if they don't actually do something, are all going to lose their jobs anyways (which would be nice). The system has been frozen since half way through GWB 8 years. If repubs and dems start getting voted out of office, fuck em, they don't do shit anyways.

On the Fed though, they say rates are expected to rise all the time, and almost always back out of it until the next FOMC meeting.
    I doubt the system is going to change republicans proved that doing nothing gets rewarded, the two party system means we have no choice. Trump is a lame duck president whether he knows it or not, honestly I was hoping he did get things done so people can actually get what they voted for.

As for the Fed I agree that it is hard to take their rate warnings seriously at this point given their track record.

Trump is already MAGA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Even after everything people try to discredit Trump (and everything he does to discredit himself), the markets appearently still have confidence in him and his policies.

Good news for Americans that like tomake something of their lifes in any case. There is so much money going around in that country that it's still the country of limitless possibilies and success.
    It has nothing to do with the confidence in Trump, which polling is showing the opposite is true, it is a continuing trend showing the US economy is gaining strength and meeting pent up demand from the recession.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Huh, if I didn't know better, I might think that governments don't actually need to be highly active and interventionist.
    The government has been "highly active" and "interventionist" in the economy since the 19th century in all developed nations across the world. Whatever you think the relationship between the economy and federal/state/local government is or should be, is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to break it to you, but the moment Trump won the economy started to boom. The reason for this was investor confidence, investors believe (and are correct) that tax cuts for individuals and business lead to better investment opportunities and healthier economic environments. Where as the 8 years of Obama fiscal policy lead to an extremely lack luster and anemic growth.
    It has been in an upward trajectory since the recession, this is a continuation of pent up demand being met, and inflation is still a non-issue, so we have many more years of developed nation GDP growth before any inflation fears. You want a multi-decadal period of growth? Subsidize green energy technology and science.

I hate to break it to you, but the moment Trump won the economy started to boom. The reason for this was investor confidence, investors believe (and are correct) that tax cuts for individuals and business lead to better investment opportunities and healthier economic environments. Where as the 8 years of Obama fiscal policy lead to an extremely lack luster and anemic growth.
    And how does that fact that the growth during the Trump presidency has been a direct continuation of the one under Obama fit within this cute narrative of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If growth is at 3%, why would you need further tax cuts and deregulation? The economy is doing very well without them
    Because if you can let people keep more of their own money, while at the same time bringing the same amount of money into the government, why not? Trumps goal was 4%, he's on his way.

Rather have no legislation ever passed then the legislation of of the last 24 years expanded on :3

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It has nothing to do with the confidence in Trump, which polling is showing the opposite is true, it is a continuing trend showing the US economy is gaining strength and meeting pent up demand from the recession.

- - - Updated - - -

The government has been "highly active" and "interventionist" in the economy since the 19th century in all developed nations across the world. Whatever you think the relationship between the economy and federal/state/local government is or should be, is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

It has been in an upward trajectory since the recession, this is a continuation of pent up demand being met, and inflation is still a non-issue, so we have many more years of developed nation GDP growth before any inflation fears. You want a multi-decadal period of growth? Subsidize green energy technology and science.

Oh, like Solyndra(recieved $500,000,000 in taxpayer money and closed it doors in 2011), Solar Trust of America(Filed Bankruptcy in Oakland, CA, April 3, 2012), Bright Source, LSP Energy(filed bankruptcy protection and a sale of its assets in Feb 2012, ), Energy Conversion Devices(filed bankruptcy protection - 2012), Energy Conversion Devices( filed for bankruptcy 2012), Evergreen Solar(received $527 Million in Taxpayer money from Obama and filed bankruptcy in late 2011), Azure Dynamics(filed for bankruptcy in June , 2012 ), Ener1(received a $118 million U.S. Energy Department grant from President Obama to make electric-car batteries but filed for bankruptcy protection January 2012 after defaulting on bond debt. )

Yeah, you invest you money in green energy and enjoy the soup kitchen.