Best Way to make money?

Hello! I'm very new to FFXIV, only playing for coming up on 3 weeks now. I've got my Samurai up to 64, working on pushing him to 70. I just started up a FC, and am wanting to grind as much Gil as humanly possible so I can snag a nice piece of land in Shirogane when it opens up. What do you folks do for making a lot of gil?

Assuming you don't have gathering job up to Stormblood and your retainer isn't leveled up to send on ventures, hard to say what you can do.

Best bet with just an adventuring class is to check the market board and see what skins and meats are selling and go farm them.

Do your challenge logs that reward gil. Swing by Idyllshire and pick up the Wondrous Tails book from Khloe. Sometimes it has a decent gil reward on one of the tiers, so if you can get it from other things you're already doing, that's a bonus.

With 2-3 weeks, you're going to be in a tight race to accumulate the gil for a house, but might be able to scrounge up the 3 million minimum for a small 5th class plot, but I imagine it's doable.

What server are you on and have you checked the other three wards to see what housing looks like? Are there still open plots in Ward, Mist, Goblet? Just curious what the housing market looks like for you.

you can make pretty decent money with lvl 50 crafters making glamour stones.

I hope you have a vacation day ready, because the plots will be gone instantly. Haven't ever seen an empty plot. Best chance might be trying to get a plot in the old regions. Money is not the problem, but way too few plots for too many players.

The easy way? botanist and fisher with desynth in culinarian and weaver.

I would say some of that would depend on your server. The absolute easiest way on mine would be mining, even the low level ore brings in decent money if you're willing to farm it.

If you want a real gilfest, though, it's probably going to take a lot of both crafting and gathering skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Arkedral View Post
    Hello! I'm very new to FFXIV, only playing for coming up on 3 weeks now. I've got my Samurai up to 64, working on pushing him to 70. I just started up a FC, and am wanting to grind as much Gil as humanly possible so I can snag a nice piece of land in Shirogane when it opens up. What do you folks do for making a lot of gil?
    Try farming in dungeon, there u can get a lot of quality drops, as of speaking about in-game farming by yourself. I personally always buy from other people what I need by trading premium items. And u will ask me where would I get money to donate from premium items? I have many incomes, and one of them that is helping me alot is stocks, like half of my income is coming from stocks and I'm happy with it. I learned it on ---snip--- (this is not an advertisement) I'm just sharing with you, maybe it will help you too. I don't really like wasting so much time for farming ingame when u can buy it for money.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-08-17 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Removed Link

What's the general opinion on those who sell clears?

Quote Originally Posted by peepeepee View Post
    What's the general opinion on those who sell clears?
    To each is own. It's not particularly frowned upon if thats what youre wondering

There are so many ways of making FFXIV gil.

While crafting is the fastest way, it also takes some time and effort to set up, and imo is only worth it if you actually enjoy crafting itself. Gathering is very straightforward and easy. Treasure maps, deep dungeon clears (hoh 100 & potd 200), eureka bunnies, reselling items from vendors not in a city (e.g beast tribes), running dungeons as adventurer in need, shb A & S rank hunts to sell material, selling tomestones, selling GC seals (e.g. potash, borax, scheelite, coke etc), extreme primal drops (shinryu's real hot rn) etc. Even simply just sending your retainers out for targeted ventures (quick ventures are usually garbage) is easy af gil just keep it up. Oh, by the way, almost everyone buys FFXIV gil, I think it's nothing wrong with it.
    Last edited by SimithDAEN; 2021-04-08 at 09:37 AM.

There will probably be a really easy way to make millions of gil really easily when the second Bozja zone comes out in 5.55.

When Bozja Southern Front came out in October, you could get minions and mounts from lockboxes, which you could sell on the market board for hundreds of thousands to millions of gil. And you could join cluster farms and buy the robot mount, which sold for 2-3 million gil on the MB. Even after two weeks, the robot was still selling for around 400-500k gil, which honestly was still a good time investment, as it took about 1.5-2 hours of cluster farming to buy a robot, which was still more efficient than doing all of your daily roulettes for 3 hours for 100k gil per day.

Presumably, the second Bozja zone will have new minions and mounts that drop from lockboxes, and new mounts you can buy for second zone clusters and sell on the market board. If you do that, you can get a lot of money for relatively little effort.

Otherwise, besides delving into crafting/gathering/market board shenagains, the most consistent way to make money is to just do your 3 hours of daily roulettes for about 100k gil per day.

- - - Updated - - -

If you decide to do the Bozja market board thing, be advised that you can't afford to wait. You HAVE to be farming right from the get go, and you will need to very aggressively undercut. I remember half way into the second week, word started spreading about the easy money making strategy of cluster farming, and then a lot more sellers started showing up on the market board, and that's when the undercut wars began and prices began plummeting. I put a robot up at the going rate of 800k, and then I logged in an hour later and someone had undercut to 750k. So then I had to undercut to 720k. And then I logged in an hour later everyone else had moved theirs to 600k. For the first week and a half, robot prices started at 2-3 million and had been steadily declining at about 100k per day, but then one day it went from 800k down to the 300k-400k.

I hear coke is a good business or did that market crash already?