Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Japan has copied the US ways of doing things and they have become one the most successful economic powers in the world.

Like i said Japan has a huge hardon for western culture and if you a westerner visiting Japan i will bet you will be treated like a rock star!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes interesting, also why do meteors always land in craters? Illuminati confirmed.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    And, I mean, can you give a reason as to why Japan was like that in WW2 then? I want to believe they really changed for the better and realized their mistakes and weren't/aren't simply being intimidated while being the same as then deep down.
    They were an Empire that believed in a pretty hardcore interpretation of Bushido. They were basically a medieval country with modern tech. After the war the US wrote their constitution for them and basically restructured their government into something that resembles what we have. Even if the older generation didn't agree with that at the time, it's all the younger generations have grown up with. Anyone under ~70 is pretty much guaranteed to not give a fuck and thinks their current system is just fine.

I just farted. I'll keep you updated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows they've given the US terminal anime. If Japan stops giving us our fix we'll die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Everyone knows they've given the US terminal anime. If Japan stops giving us our fix we'll die.
    Most MMO champ posters would die in a week!

I would be immune cause i dont care for that weird Jap crap!

If by friendliness you mean coexistence, yes they are friendly. If you mean friendly as in they would help in times of need while free of "ulterior motives", no they aren't friendly. That is how the world works.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That is a takeover I welcome, as long as I get my season 3 of Sword Art Online, if for no other reason than wanting to see the internet's reaction to the absurdity that is Alicization.
    I just started watching Sword Art Online for the fist time recently, I'm actually on season 2 or whatever you want to call it and I am part way into the GGO arc with Death Gun. Really liking the series so far.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2017-09-01 at 03:28 AM.

Dude, it's gonna be legit as fuck!

Kirito dies IRL then his soul goes to the Underworld where he goes around as this mysterious badass breaking the law and chopping people's arms off with massive fountains of blood while he slowly learns to use the Force so he can kill God. And Asuna infiltrates the government because she runs out of fucks to give. There was a fair amount of embellishment here but you will find this surprisingly accurate.
    Sounds like a ton of Asspulls, and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Sounds like a ton of Asspulls, and a half.
    It all makes perfect sense in context. If anything Alicization is the least asspull thing in the series, especially concerning how thoroughly and how often Kirito gets his ass handed to him. All the foreshadowing throughout the series is pretty great too when you look back on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are many MANY ridiculous "baity" thread titles on this forum, but this one, this one actually made me laugh out loud: are they essentially our slaves. Good stuff.

Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I just started watching Sword Art Online for the fist time recently, I'm actually on season 2 or whatever you want to call it and I am part way into the GGO arc with Death Gun. Really liking the series so far.
    It's pretty legit, though the best parts are yet to come anime wise. Personally I rate the arcs in the following order, though I am only 3 books into Alicization, which in total is books 9-20. Alicization > Ordinal Scale, (the movie) > Mother's Rosary > Aincrad > The Phantom Bullet > Calibur > Fairy Dance.

It all makes perfect sense in context. If anything Alicization is the least asspull thing in the series, especially concerning how thoroughly and how often Kirito gets his ass handed to him. All the foreshadowing throughout the series is pretty great too when you look back on it.
    Unless SAO's "God" can Cleave entire Worlds, and make guys like Thanos/Galactus look rivaled, then I don't care.

It's pretty legit, though the best parts are yet to come anime wise. Personally I rate the arcs in the following order, though I am only 3 books into Alicization, which in total is books 9-20. Alicization > Ordinal Scale, (the movie) > Mother's Rosary > Aincrad > The Phantom Bullet > Calibur > Fairy Dance.
    Have you played any of the games? Specifically the ones that have also had a PS4 release? If you have; what do you think of them?

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Unless SAO's "God" can Cleave entire Worlds, and make guys like Thanos/Galactus look rivaled, then I don't care.
    I don't think that has anything to do with good plot or characterization, but sure! I'm actually not sure what God can do power wise yet, cause only the first 3 books are in English and I am not weeb enough to read Japanese.

If gods that can destroy worlds are your particular fetish, you should read the Elric saga by Michael Moorcock. Warcraft and The Witcher are kind of based on it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread.. wuh?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Have you played any of the games? Specifically the ones that have also had a PS4 release? If you have; what do you think of them?
    First game, Hollow Fragment. Fantastic RPG concerning its mechanics. Compelling story if a bit fanfiction-esque. If you like RPGs and you like SAO you will be sure to love it unless bad graphics and reused environmental textures are your particular pet peeve. Solid 9/10 for me. Wasted a couple hundred hours doing all the stupid fun shit in this game. I would say it's a medium difficulty RPG. It's not as easy as something like Final Fantasy 10, which holds your hand the entire way through, but it's not as hard as Lost Odyssey, where the first two bosses beat you, rape you, steal your lunch money and just generally make your life a nightmare.

Second game, Lost Song. Totally forgettable and derivative hack and slash game. Everything good about this game has been done better by God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry and Dark Souls. The RPG mechanics are extremely lazy and boring as well. The story is much less interesting than Hollow Fragment. The models and graphics are bad enough to distract me, and I enjoy Elder Scrolls 3. This is a hard pass for any non-SAO fan and even the most fanatical SAO fans should watch footage of the game and read up on its systems before purchasing it. 2.5/10. Note: Lost Song was not made by the developers of Hollow Fragment.

Third game, Hollow Realization. It's a better derivative hack and slash than Lost Song. It has a more interesting story and better RPG mechanics. The models and graphics are also not terrible and are actually better than Hollow Fragment's. The story arc of one of the main villains does feel like a copy of a Lost Song villain imo. If hack and slash ARPGs are your thing there's definitely worse options on the market. 7.5/10 for me. I like the RPG mechanics of Hollow Fragment more.

I have not played the fourth game, Sword Art Online vs Accel World: Millennium Twilight. It has the same engine as Lost Song and was made by the same developers, so I am skeptical at best.

Recently a 5th game was announced, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. From the trailers I think it looks promising and there's been talk of some genuine support for online multiplayer. Looks interesting but I will wait for a final product before judging.

First game, Hollow Fragment. Fantastic RPG concerning its mechanics. Compelling story if a bit fanfiction-esque. If you like RPGs and you like SAO you will be sure to love it unless bad graphics and reused environmental textures are your particular pet peeve. Solid 9/10 for me. Wasted a couple hundred hours doing all the stupid fun shit in this game. I would say it's a medium difficulty RPG. It's not as easy as something like Final Fantasy 10, which holds your hand the entire way through, but it's not as hard as Lost Odyssey, where the first two bosses beat you, rape you, steal your lunch money and just generally make your life a nightmare.

Second game, Lost Song. Totally forgettable and derivative hack and slash game. Everything good about this game has been done better by God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry and Dark Souls. The RPG mechanics are extremely lazy and boring as well. The story is much less interesting than Hollow Fragment. The models and graphics are bad enough to distract me, and I enjoy Elder Scrolls 3. This is a hard pass for any non-SAO fan and even the most fanatical SAO fans should watch footage of the game and read up on its systems before purchasing it. 2.5/10. Note: Lost Song was not made by the developers of Hollow Fragment.

Third game, Hollow Realization. It's a better derivative hack and slash than Lost Song. It has a more interesting story and better RPG mechanics. The models and graphics are also not terrible and are actually better than Hollow Fragment's. The story arc of one of the main villains does feel like a copy of a Lost Song villain imo. If hack and slash ARPGs are your thing there's definitely worse options on the market. 7.5/10 for me. I like the RPG mechanics of Hollow Fragment more.

I have not played the fourth game, Sword Art Online vs Accel World: Millennium Twilight. It has the same engine as Lost Song and was made by the same developers, so I am skeptical at best.

Recently a 5th game was announced, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. From the trailers I think it looks promising and there's been talk of some genuine support for online multiplayer. Looks interesting but I will wait for a final product before judging.
    Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into getting some of them. I really dig this kind of stuff where things in a game can mess with real life, I also like the .hack stuff and am looking forward to .hack//G.U. Last Recode coming out in November.

I knew it had to be you.

It's like you can tell by the title of the thread who started it. When it's Tennis, when Mall Security and when Tsugunai....

To think like America is to not think.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-09-01 at 01:43 PM.