Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    after checking logs against my own, i think the problem is the majority of you are not playing the spec properly, so when you say 'name' is so good at logs, it does not help that said person/people are playing sub-optimally.

basing all of your arguments about why frost is not good with well look at 'name' logs , if they say it is bad then it must be bad.

sorry that is ridiculous. frost is in a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Hctaz is consistently one of the best frost parsers in the world, so I would venture a guess that he knows how logs work.
    Shiiiiet. It only took me since Wrath for somebody to say that about me even though my parses were way better in Cata.

WELL SHUCKS <3 I just wish there was a way to consolidate all of my worldoflogs data into one character on one server so I didn't have to be all "Well go to uh... Mal'ganis Hctaz and then combine those with Sen'jin Hctaz for Nighthold and then look at Sen'jin for the really good Harjatan parse with Frost and then swap over to Zul'jin to see my current stuff but if you want to see me in Siege of Org then you have to go to Hctaz on Garrosh and then check out that so uh.. Yeah! There's my history invite me to your guild <3" lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    after checking logs against my own, i think the problem is the majority of you are not playing the spec properly, so when you say 'name' is so good at logs, it does not help that said person/people are playing sub-optimally.

basing all of your arguments about why frost is not good with well look at 'name' logs , if they say it is bad then it must be bad.

sorry that is ridiculous. frost is in a good spot.
    How are you suggesting that we're all playing suboptimally now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Shiiiiet. It only took me since Wrath for somebody to say that about me even though my parses were way better in Cata.

WELL SHUCKS <3 I just wish there was a way to consolidate all of my worldoflogs data into one character on one server so I didn't have to be all "Well go to uh... Mal'ganis Hctaz and then combine those with Sen'jin Hctaz for Nighthold and then look at Sen'jin for the really good Harjatan parse with Frost and then swap over to Zul'jin to see my current stuff but if you want to see me in Siege of Org then you have to go to Hctaz on Garrosh and then check out that so uh.. Yeah! There's my history invite me to your guild <3" lol

- - - Updated - - -

How are you suggesting that we're all playing suboptimally now?
    i have not mentioned any names, please do not try to incriminate me like that. this is about frost and i would like to keep it on topic and not about individual playstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    i have not mentioned any names, please do not try to incriminate me like that. this is about frost and i would like to keep it on topic and not about individual playstyles.
    I'm just asking. You're suggesting that frost is okay because everybody is playing it poorly. I want to understand how you're coming to that conclusion. You can narrow down the data on WCLs to various parses. You'll see that the gap between Unholy and Frost stays pretty much the same even in the upper 90s.

This is still about Frost. I'm just wondering if you have some magical data that will have all of us players playing Frost optimally.

How about link your logs to show us all your rank 1 parses and how everyone is playing suboptimally but you..
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-09-12 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disregarding that free topic bump, frost receives a phat 4% buff to all abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Disregarding that free topic bump, frost receives a phat 4% buff to all abilities.
    It still won't be enough....I love being a bottom dweller.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It still won't be enough....I love being a bottom dweller.
    4% to all abilities is pretty insane if you ask me. Not to mention about M+ dungeons. Sure if you compare it with unholy, you won't be be taking his spot. But seriously, there's always a class that'll take the last place. You should be glad if we don't have all of our specs being in the last place.
    Look @ monks and dh, they have only one dps spec, and they're performing as good as frost.

the weapon dmg gain + the 4% increase to the Aura is a pretty giant gain for Frost to catch up to Unholy.

considering at the mythic lvl Frost is 8.9-9.4% behind unholy per fight, this should in theory put Frost 2-3% behind Unholy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    the weapon dmg gain + the 4% increase to the Aura is a pretty giant gain for Frost to catch up to Unholy.

considering at the mythic lvl Frost is 8.9-9.4% behind unholy per fight, this should in theory put Frost 2-3% behind Unholy
    Should be an 5% increase to the Aura (123% * 1,04 ~ 128%)

---

Oh no, Dankdruid got banned before he could teach us the optimal playstyle 8(

so with the 4% we are pretty close to the original 30% increase then, though I am not sure, I haven't been keeping up with all the changes.

I'm also pretty sure that the +15 weapon ilvl is a bigger upgrade for frost than it is for UH.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I'm also pretty sure that the +15 weapon ilvl is a bigger upgrade for frost than it is for UH.
    Weapon ilvl for melee in general is fairly low DPS gains. This is why blizzard gave melee straight % buffs, because range DPS get a massive increase with 15 wep ilvl (around 60-75k DPS).

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Weapon ilvl for melee in general is fairly low DPS gains. This is why blizzard gave melee straight % buffs, because range DPS get a massive increase with 15 wep ilvl (around 60-75k DPS).
    It depends more on how high are your weapon based abilities in comparison with your AP ones, like paladins are warrios get a huge boost of damage while assassination rogues and monks get almost nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    It depends more on how high are your weapon based abilities in comparison with your AP ones, like paladins are warrios get a huge boost of damage while assassination rogues and monks get almost nothing.
    I simmed it and frost gained 2.8%, unholy 2.0% and monk 1.8%. Arms was 5.7%, the same level like casters (they gain spellpower which works with EVERYTHING).

There are interesting graphs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=90

You can see that unholy had a small drop while arms had no issue at all.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-09-15 at 04:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So uh, how's frost performing in ToS atm?
    I haven't got the UH shoulders yet, so frost is simming just 2k below UH for me.

Been wondering if it's worth switching for a few clears or so.

In theory if nothing was to change other than nerfing T20 like they did with certain spec cases and with the T21 set bonuses remaining as they are now, Frost should technically be better than Unholy in T21 if we are strickly wearing the new T21 as it is currently presented.

Frost is totally in a good place, which is why they might potentially buff it again in the next patch.

Is there still a big disparity between BOS and Oblit? I play frost for fun on an alt and with oblit and like 890 gear (only have 1 lego) I'm doing like 1.5+ mill burst and sustained like 700-800k dps. Is this normal for that kind of ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Is there still a big disparity between BOS and Oblit? I play frost for fun on an alt and with oblit and like 890 gear (only have 1 lego) I'm doing like 1.5+ mill burst and sustained like 700-800k dps. Is this normal for that kind of ilvl?
    That is very good, you should do more sustained dps with Obliteration though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grgunderson View Post
    Frost is totally in a good place, which is why they might potentially buff it again in the next patch.
    It's a tooltip fix, not a buff.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-09-22 at 03:48 PM.