Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah, or allow Frost Strike to cleave while RW is active. That would actually be my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, or allow Frost Strike to cleave while RW is active. That would actually be my preference.
    That would work, but I don't think it would "feel" good. One would have to choose between consuming runes to keep GS stacks going (assuming its still in the mix, but I do like the GS mechanic), consuming Rime procs, or cleaving with FS. Granted one of those would always math out to be the best decision, but in general I find that it feels bad to be wasting resources/procs even if optimizing damage output in the process.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    GA could serve a purpose if it was an AOE RP dump that definitively beat FS on 2+ targets
    And the path a bit wider. It's a straight line forward. Anything on a 45 won't get hit
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

both uh and frost aoe sucks.,
    having no rp-costing aoe is bonkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    both uh and frost aoe sucks.,
    having no rp-costing aoe is bonkers.
    Both our specs are no warrior/rogue/warlock/hunter tier but we're definitely ranging middle of the pack to above average.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Both our specs are no warrior/rogue/warlock/hunter tier but we're definitely ranging middle of the pack to above average.
    I care not for the rangings and standings, Im speaking mechanics.

It's asinine both uh and frost have no aoe rp spender.
    Literally.
    Yeah, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    You forgot monk, also elemental and balance when it comes to very wide spread AoE.

nice big tier bonus nerf
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

Quote Originally Posted by FinestHour View Post
    nice big tier bonus nerf
    Yes but DK's are hardly alone in that regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    not everyone can spend 15 hours a day grinding AP kid.

i understand no one gives a shit about parses these past few weeks. does not mean to slack in your raid team if you still pushing mythics right now
    I play like 45 minutes a day to get this much AP. Honestly, your reply simply shows severe ignorance on how to get AP, which mostly is class hall believe it or not. Not my fault you people are lazy and incompetent.

Deleted
    hahahah another nerfbat for frost and buff for unh

10+ Year Old Account
    4piece bonus sims at a boring but expected 4% now. Can't say I'm really surprised with the nerf, I even called the nerf with the exact number some weeks ago and I'm sure plenty other people did as well.

What we really learned is that they want to design frost as a spec that permanently sits at the lower 34% of the curve bell of aggregate spec dps distributions as far as single target is concerned, while operating at the upper 34% as far as aoe and cleave are concerned.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-11-22 at 11:45 AM.

I've only just dusted off my DK and haven't done anything serious on him this xpac. Tanked a couple M+ (tanked Archi back in the day) but mostly just run around doing world content as Frost. Have to say mounted combat with that order hall perk, spamming macro "/targetenemy, /cast Howling Blast" is good mindless fun. If they get close I can always scythe. If I decide to raid on him, I may need to complicate my rotation.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    420% wpn dmg per tick is pretty bullshit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    420% wpn dmg per tick is pretty bullshit though.
    I mean, if we didn't have scaling issues I would agree...However, the fact that the 2pc is basically their answer to scaling issues for the spec....I guess we'll just have to wait and see....I personally would love to see what they use for seeing how specs perform for a given raid and how/why they balance things the way they do...but they dont explain any of that. They just say we have internal shit and deal with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a WoD tier that did the same as the t21 4 piece? Shoots icicles or spikes or whatever?
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Just wondering if I have the frost tier 20 at 930 ilvl and the new tier 21 at 930 ilvl, is the new tier set a downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Wasn't there a WoD tier that did the same as the t21 4 piece? Shoots icicles or spikes or whatever?
    that was Tier 17 every attack you did while Pillar was up would steal a bit of your targets "soul" or something like that and after pillar wore off the souls would launch at your target dealing frost dmg per charge.

It was the only "soul" themed attack/Tier Frost has ever had outside of soul reaper, I always found it odd that frost carries a reincarnated frostmourne basically but has absolutely nothing in its arsenal that has anything to do with stealing souls, twisting souls, damaging souls etc etc

it was actually pretty funny because anything you targeted would be attacked by your "unleashed souls" even if you managed to target the last bosss in a dungeon/raid while at the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    that was Tier 17 every attack you did while Pillar was up would steal a bit of your targets "soul" or something like that and after pillar wore off the souls would launch at your target dealing frost dmg per charge.

It was the only "soul" themed attack/Tier Frost has ever had outside of soul reaper, I always found it odd that frost carries a reincarnated frostmourne basically but has absolutely nothing in its arsenal that has anything to do with stealing souls, twisting souls, damaging souls etc etc

it was actually pretty funny because anything you targeted would be attacked by your "unleashed souls" even if you managed to target the last bosss in a dungeon/raid while at the entrance.
    Blizzards idea of class fantasy in relation to the Frost Death Knight is completely messed up. They talk about this slow juggernaut and still we are dual wielding weapons with high attack speed (even higher if you use Ice Talons). And you are completely spot on when you say the Frost Death Knight should be more "soul themed" as Arthas was. It seems obvious to everyone but Blizzard.. sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzards idea of class fantasy in relation to the Frost Death Knight is completely messed up. They talk about this slow juggernaut and still we are dual wielding weapons with high attack speed (even higher if you use Ice Talons). And you are completely spot on when you say the Frost Death Knight should be more "soul themed" as Arthas was. It seems obvious to everyone but Blizzard.. sadly...
    Most of the traditional DK theme people think of is actually linked entirely with Unholy, Defile, Dark Arbiter, Soul Reaper, Abomination, Enbon Fever, Army of the dead just be thankful Frost has Sindragosa Fury because without that to me personally there is nothing "death knight" related about Frost DKs its more like a battlemage that uses frost attacks than anything concerning undeath, corrupting souls, spreading disease. I dont think they mean to change that even next expac however so i have come to just accept it, but whenever i give it any thought it always bothers me.

I used to say while Legion was in Beta/Alpha that Arms/Fury was as much of a "Fire Death knight" (with the correct glyphs) as frost is a "Frost Death Knight".

back when Dragon Roar did the Fire AoE, Enrage was glyphed to turn you on fire and Charge left a fiery trail.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2017-11-24 at 07:44 PM.