Looking for help with a new build

Hey guys

Some parts in my old computer broke down, and as most components were fairly old, I thought it was about time to start with a (nearly) new build!

Budget
    ~1k USD can go higher, would like lower

Resolution
    1920 x 1080

Games / Settings Desired
    Will be rotating between WoW, Dark Souls 3, The Witcher 3, heavily modded Skyrim, Fallout 4 and the likes to come in the next few years. Preffered in of course High/Ultra settings.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    I will be doing NO kind of video editing/streaming or the like, just gaming

Country
    Denmark

Parts that can be reused
    Asus - Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II - I know this WILL be a bottleneck in regards to the desired settings in the games, but I will update at a later point

I have, besides some basics in compatability between components, no knowledge or experience in choosing components and that's where I hope you can help me

I have assembled this build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mqQHHN
    CPU: i5-7600k
    Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo
    MOBO: Asus Z270-A
    GPU: Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II (Reused)
    Memory: Vengeance LPX (16gb) 2133
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 650w
    Case: Corsair 300R

Besides a general look-through, I would like to get some advice in:
    Is this build an overkill (Compared to my usages)?

Where can I save some money? I have thought about downgrading the mobo, as I am not sure I need overclocking (Or will ever need it, in regards to the usages). In regards to the CPU, the non "K" variants I've seen ain't really cheaper.

Thank you alot for your inputs!
    Last edited by Lushious; 2017-09-02 at 05:56 PM.

Wait for october/Coffee Lake if you can. There is no point in buying Intel right now unless you have no working PC and you need it now.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Wait for october/Coffee Lake if you can. There is no point in buying Intel right now unless you have no working PC and you need it now.
    Thanks for the response. I do not have a working PC, as both my laptop and desktop broke within the last 2 months, so I am a bit desperate! Do you have any knowledge of what Coffee Lake brings over Kaby Lake? I know there's 2 more cores in the i5, but the single core clock frequency is a little lower + I'll need a new gen of mobo too, and I am starting to wonder if it'll get overly pricey for my needs

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    great advice

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Thanks for the response. I do not have a working PC, as both my laptop and desktop broke within the last 2 months, so I am a bit desperate! Do you have any knowledge of what Coffee Lake brings over Kaby Lake? I know there's 2 more cores in the i5, but the single core clock frequency is a little lower + I'll need a new gen of mobo too, and I am starting to wonder if it'll get overly pricey for my needs
    More cores all over the board (i3s: 2c/4t>4c/4t; i5s: 4c/4t>6c/6t; i7s: 4c/8t>6c/12t), higher boost frequencies (but lower base ones). CPU prices are rumoured to be slightly higher (around +$20) and motherboard prices should be the same.

EDIT: Also, what is the problem with your current rig?
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2017-09-03 at 05:26 PM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Hey guys

Some parts in my old computer broke down, and as most components were fairly old, I thought it was about time to start with a (nearly) new build!

Budget
    ~1k USD can go higher, would like lower

Resolution
    1920 x 1080

Games / Settings Desired
    Will be rotating between WoW, Dark Souls 3, The Witcher 3, heavily modded Skyrim, Fallout 4 and the likes to come in the next few years. Preffered in of course High/Ultra settings.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    I will be doing NO kind of video editing/streaming or the like, just gaming

Country
    Denmark

Parts that can be reused
    Asus - Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II - I know this WILL be a bottleneck in regards to the desired settings in the games, but I will update at a later point

I have, besides some basics in compatability between components, no knowledge or experience in choosing components and that's where I hope you can help me

I have assembled this build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mqQHHN
    CPU: i5-7600k
    Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo
    MOBO: Asus Z270-A
    GPU: Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II (Reused)
    Memory: Vengeance LPX (16gb) 2133
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 650w
    Case: Corsair 300R

Besides a general look-through, I would like to get some advice in:
    Is this build an overkill (Compared to my usages)?

Where can I save some money? I have thought about downgrading the mobo, as I am not sure I need overclocking (Or will ever need it, in regards to the usages). In regards to the CPU, the non "K" variants I've seen ain't really cheaper.

Thank you alot for your inputs!
    Im in the same boat. Cpu and mobo just broke. I have a r9 390.

Im gonna wait, it sucks beeing without a gaming pc until 8600k comes, but I had my ivy bridge for over 5 years and only reason it didnt last longer was damage in transport. Im thinking wating ~1 month is ok if I will be using it for the next 5+ years.