Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I main MW but leveled and did solo content (WQ etc) as WW as it was by far both best AE (lol pre nerf sotw) and best single target burst (elite etc). The heal after each kill also grants good survavibility and no downtime.

But as i geared up i switched to BrM. Damage is ok, but more importantly it's unkillable, anything including world bosses on the broken islands or the ton of big trashs everywhere on Argus (until we get flying mount..) can be soloed...hopefully other people join the fight to speed things up, lol.

Also the ae are more convenient to use especially for pulling things fast (i'm on a pve server so if that nasty draenei pulls before you, you have to find another mob) as you have both targeted ranged ae, ground targeted ranged ae, self centered ae, with low cooldowns... and OMG YOU DON'T FUCKING HAVE TO BUILD COMBO POINTS WITH MELEE SINGLE TARGET BEFORE USING THEM.

All specs have good movments so it's not the important points.

Never understood people questing as MW, slow, boring.
    Last edited by Caprix; 2017-09-06 at 07:38 AM.

TL : DR version
    If you are undergeared - BM
    If you have good enough gear - WW
    MW - NEVER, unless you want to be the reincarnation of vanila retri pala. You are immortal (unless you get oneshot) , but a HS sheep does more dmg than you, god forbid for AoE, which is worse than discs AoE.

How to find out what gear level you are: go out there and kill or be killed.

Assuming equal skill and iLvL - BM is slower to kill, especially single target, but they are immortal - between brews and orbs and all your defensive CDs, even when you are at low health .. you will just hover there forever due to orb generation. In AoE, you are a beast, with lucky procs on the keg you will be able to oneshot entire groups

WW - remember that there are a lot of defensive tools in the kit, both passive (increase dodge chance) and active (heals from the first talent tier, teleport +30% hot on a very short cd, karma heal ). And if those don't get the job done, you are the fastest class in wow, with serpent and roll you can be on the other side of the map in seconds, or do the PvPer way - jump in, blow CDs do as much dmg as possible, then kite for a while and go back in.
    Now the burst of WW, amazing in both AoE and ST, and so is the sustain (doesn't always translate well to raids, but one can dream).

But no matter what spec you use, you must enjoy the class. If i were to describe the Monk in one word i would use : FLOW.

BRM is stronger than WW for aoe farming if you have either or both shouders/chest. I fyou dont have either just be WW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I hate monk for world quests. No redeeming qualities just mediocre or poor everything.
    I't absolutely fantastic for Argus. Being able to throw down a Transcendence, jump down from a ledge, pop SEF and go to town, port back up and be on your way.

FSK is awesome for making leaps across ledges and our survival is great. What's not to like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I hate monk for world quests. No redeeming qualities just mediocre or poor everything.
    Windwalker ain't that bad. Spinning Crane Kick (used correctly) and Fists of Fury are great for handling mobs. Single-target ain't bad either. Don't have too much of an issue soloing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually only play tanks. When it comes to my monk i play MW, because its tankier than BrM for world content. Pretty fucking sad tbh. I have tried so damn many times to play my old MoP Brewmaster, but i literally cannot stand what has become of the spec.

Oh its good in a raid when youve got healers tunneling you. Great.

Its absolute shit everywhere else.

WW is fast, fun to play, but pretty fragile.

MW is kind of dull, but you basically cant die in WC.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-09-14 at 08:16 PM.

What the hell is threatening for a BrM in world content?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    MW is kind of dull, but you basically cant die in WC.
    Even against rare elites ? I feel like there come a time where the damage outheal you. You're not doing DPS when you spend half of your time healing yourself. You have to hope you can stun them enough to be able to get rid of them.

Anyway, if you feel like you don't have a lot of survivability, you can always talent for healing elixirs. If not, you can try the Vindicaar spell : Fel Heart which gives you 10% life every 2 sec out of combat. And if you're still having troubles with all of that, you can bring a companion with you : Li li Stormshout. I have her with 3 golds relics for WQs. She's probably the biggest healing factor. She's great because with her, you can focus all of your GCD to DPS.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    What the hell is threatening for a BrM in world content?
    Its not that BrM cant succeed. Its that they are garbage compared to other tank specs for that style of content. The BrM is the only one where i actually ever feel threatened. The only one where i feel like i actually have to pay attention to and work at "survival". Pally, Bear, Warrior, DH? Survival is not something you ever have to think about. My Blood dk can pull literally everything in sight. My DK has pulled that whole road of elites behind Karabor just to see if i could get away with it. No probs, just los them in the temple door and let them come to you. Didnt even have to use the Mech.

Admittedly, thats an extreme example, but extreme examples are how i guage the worth of a tank spec in WC. Being able to pull single elite rares is trivial.

In my opinion MW is also better at soloing old content because you have the spinning crane kick for on-demand aoe that isnt shackled behind garbage gimmicks or cooldowns like the other specs.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-09-15 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    My DK has pulled that whole road of elites behind Karabor just to see if i could get away with it. No probs, just los them in the temple door and let them come to you. Didnt even have to use the Mech.

Admittedly, thats an extreme example, but extreme examples are how i guage the worth of a tank spec in WC. Being able to pull single elite rares is trivial.
    I saw 2 flaws : do you think MW can pull that ? Let's be honest : no. You also mentioned "LoS". That means you have a wall near you, thus you have infinite orbs healing you at 35% life with BrM.

I don't think you've played BrM enough to know its pros and cons in order to compare with the others tanks. I truly believe warrior has it worse than monk because they only have a talent to heal themselves. Everything else, you have to pray you get enough rage to be able to ignore all the pain.

Anyway, like you said, that's an extreme example, but if you continue to compare MW with BrM when it comes to tankiness and DPS, I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with you.

Just get Li Li as a companion, she'll be even better than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I don't think you've played BrM enough to know its pros and cons in order to compare with the others tanks. I truly believe warrior has it worse than monk because they only have a talent to heal themselves. Everything else, you have to pray you get enough rage to be able to ignore all the pain.
    No, Victory Rush is absolutely insane in world questing and legendary bracers (which is your best legendary that drops for all specs) makes you impossible to kill. And no, you don't need much rage for constant IP. Prot warrior is nowhere near being worse than BRM for tanking random stuff. I'm not saying that BRM is bad at it or it's not tanky enough, but this comparison above is simply wrong.

I understand his point. I had the same experience when I was doing stuff being undergeared, but you actually need to be in greens (or its modern substitute, 860-870 gear?). But when you get slightly better geared all the problems goes away pretty fast.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-09-15 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Argus, BrM for sure. They do pretty much the same amount of burst as WW if you have the double KS leggo plus the added bonus of not dying to rares/elites and never getting dazed and dismounted.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    and never getting dazed and dismounted.
    I would say that this is by far the biggest pro of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    No, Victory Rush is absolutely insane in world questing and legendary bracers (which is your best legendary that drops for all specs) makes you impossible to kill. And no, you don't need much rage for constant IP. Prot warrior is nowhere near being worse than BRM for tanking random stuff. I'm not saying that BRM is bad at it or it's not tanky enough, but this comparison above is simply wrong.
    Pretty interesting you got those results. I don't have bracers, maybe that's why I think war has it worse than monk ? I've tried to solo some mythics dungeon and I could hardly get past the 2nd trash pack of HoV. I'm only 892 ilvl.
    I just feel like I don't have enough rage or taking way too much damage that IP can't outheal me. I had to use shield wall or the other defensive CD to get through it. 3rd trash pack ? Forget it.
    I only have 2 legendaries with that warrior : Timeless and wall fell. >_<

Pretty interesting you got those results. I don't have bracers, maybe that's why I think war has it worse than monk ? I've tried to solo some mythics dungeon and I could hardly get past the 2nd trash pack of HoV. I'm only 892 ilvl.
    I just feel like I don't have enough rage or taking way too much damage that IP can't outheal me. I had to use shield wall or the other defensive CD to get through it. 3rd trash pack ? Forget it.
    I only have 2 legendaries with that warrior : Timeless and wall fell. >_<
    Bracers are game changing for stuff like self-sustain in soloing and coupled with victory rush talent (don't remember its name, but you certainly wouldn't run inspiring presence for things like soloing) makes you very hard to kill in the long run.
    You're saying that you don't have enough rage. Are you running Devastator? I don't think anyone would skip it tho. Devastator + Vengeance build gives you a lot of free rage to spend and even more importantly A LOT of damage as well.

Timeless stratagem is my all-time favorite legendary in the game. This thing is just too fun leaping around like crazy.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-09-16 at 04:50 PM.

You're saying that you don't have enough rage. Are you running Devastator? I don't think anyone would skip it tho. Devastator + Vengeance build gives you a lot of free rage to spend and even more importantly A LOT of damage as well.

Timeless stratagem is my all-time favorite legendary in the game. This thing is just too fun leaping around like crazy.
    Yes I'm using devastator + vengeance. It's been my spec for a very long time. But if I'm trying to solo dungeon, it's impossible. The damage outweight the IP + rage combo.
    I use 1112112 talents in case you're wondering.
    I guess the bracers do help a lot since I've read in another thread that it takes into account the base of rage spent.

I guess the bracers do help a lot since I've read in another thread that it takes into account the base of rage spent.
    Yes it does. But even without it Victory Rush gives a lot of free healing. May be it's just that you're undergeared for modern +0 mythics.

Yes it does. But even without it Victory Rush gives a lot of free healing. May be it's just that you're undergeared for modern +0 mythics.
    Afaik that applies when you kill an ennemy. If not, it costs a lot of rage aswell. I'd rather use IP instead. Unless I've been doing something wrong.

Afaik that applies when you kill an ennemy. If not, it costs a lot of rage aswell. I'd rather use IP instead. Unless I've been doing something wrong.
    I wouldn't say that 10 rage is a big amount and I'm pretty sure it will give you more effective-hp than 10 rage IP. But yeah, bracers are just too good to ignore.

I'm sure the impression of BrM being weaker than the other tanks comes from not understanding the spec well enough.

Monks don't die instantly when below 20% hp. Between expel harm and healing elixirs you have enough tools to keep yourself above 50%. And when you are below 50%, in world content ... you are close to immortal, just keep Ironskin brew up and take advantage of healing orbs spawn rate.

I main spec healer, and the easiest tank to heal for me is BrM, because they do not spike and their incoming damage is predictable, even when a BrM is at 20% hp i know that we won't die in the next hit (don't cherry pick 5 stack Felclaws as a counter-example).

When i am on my alts:

- DK blood, feels like cheating solo content, always above 90%. But same goes for BM Hunters
    - Prot Warr - if i manage my Blocks and Ignores well, i am also always above 80% HP, but if i miss a window i might get chunked and then i have only Victory rush to bring me up ( no legendary yet)
    - BrM - i'm just immortal, even at 20% i just sit there eat hits, drink brews, and move to gather orbs when i begin to be energy starved from spamming too much Expel Harm.

When Argus was released, i has very low level on my Warr and Monk ( 830 ), and my priest was 925+. Priest was getting wrecked on elites, warr the same (all specs). BrM ... i was just sitting there for 5 min beating on a boss hovering at 30-40% HP and just not dying.

TL: DR - Monks are great at low HP due to health orbs spawn. Don't panic and do your usual rotation and keep IB up.