Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    They did, the problem is that the 'definitive' evidence was falsified.
    Then those people need to have all their money taken away and used to pay for that $125, plus spend no less than 25 years in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    In unlikely chance that he wins the case, would Detroit even have enough money to pay out?
    It will be paid out of their liability insurance. Assuming the city has one. Which they should. Although a lump sum 125 million may be more than what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...tim/104905656/

This is disgusting? Why do judges and police officers take pleasure from framing people?
    What he is alleging has not yet been proven true. He had his case over turned, yes. But he has yet to prove there was ill intent, or rigging of his trial. As of now, those are merely allegations. I can file a lawsuit against you for anything I dream up, but that doesn't mean I will win, or even that the case will be heard.

What makes you think they take pleasure in framing people? Why is it not possible they made a mistake, or acted out of other motives, aside from pleasure? Do you even logic, bro?

Who will pay for this?

He deserves recompense, but $125 million is absurd.
    Take it from their pension.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What he is alleging has not yet been proven true. He had his case over turned, yes. But he has yet to prove there was ill intent, or rigging of his trial. As of now, those are merely allegations. I can file a lawsuit against you for anything I dream up, but that doesn't mean I will win, or even that the case will be heard.

What makes you think they take pleasure in framing people? Why is it not possible they made a mistake, or acted out of other motives, aside from pleasure? Do you even logic, bro?
    their other motives are also self interested. Also who is going to investigate if they commited it deliverately? The judge's and lawyers organs should at least be harvested to pay the victim money.

7+ Year Old Account
    25 years of your life... 25 fucking years.... 25 of your prime years....

5 million per year. Is a year of my life worth 5million? At least that much.

Yeah, 125 million sounds reasonable to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    He wont get 125 mill

You always start with big numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY2LuY7F3nY tell me that looks like a 12yo with a fake gun he even knows how to cock it...... 5 ft 8 230 lb 12 year old who is mature enough to know how to cock a gun and aim while moving.... Cops should really have to wait untill they have a bullet in their head before they fire I guess.
    I knew how to cock a gun when I was 6, your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinzo View Post
    The 12 year old kid was playing with a toy gun in a park like I and many other children have done. He wasn't a criminal, you pig scum.
    you tried to hold up and rob people with a fake gun? lucky you didnt do it in the park near me. I am CCW holder and that would have been grounds for a self defense homicide.

Given that he lost 25 years of his life -- the prime of his life -- I'm tempted to say yes, he does deserve that 125 million. The thing is, who will be paying it? The question is, do we deserve to pay for that mistake?

125 million in that sense, is probably more than a little overkill. He deserves the money he would have made plus a significant figure more, so that he can get back on his feet and have a real chance to make it in the world he was wrongfully excluded from. Not to mention what he deserves for simply being wrongfully accused.

I've no idea what that fund would be, but I doubt it would be close to 125 million.

PS: The only context on this post I know is that someone was wrongfully imprisoned for 25 years. I haven't taken time to research this yet, and once I have, my opinion may adjust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Take it from their pension.
    Hey, I'd be okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    you tried to hold up and rob people with a fake gun? lucky you didnt do it in the park near me. I am CCW holder and that would have been grounds for a self defense homicide.
    Indeed... doesn't help that there are many kids that actually do rob with real guns.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    25 years of your life... 25 fucking years.... 25 of your prime years....

5 million per year. Is a year of my life worth 5million? At least that much.

Yeah, 125 million sounds reasonable to me.
    in your opinion your life is worth that much. to the rest of us that have nothing to do with you, you worth about as much as you pay in taxes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Although a side note, I would pay real money to be in the room when whoever arrived at the fucking number $125 Million, because that would be some interesting shit.
    take that 10-20m you came up with and add interest over 25 years, wouldn't be overly surprised if you reached $100m+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    take that 10-20m you came up with and add interest over 25 years, wouldn't be overly surprised if you reached $100m+
    Hahaha yeah I have no doubt about this mans suffering, and he deserves a winfall for sure, but $125 million would be hard to argue. I understand making it hurt enough so that things change but this is detroit can they even afford that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Well if he had worked assume 100kx25=2.5 Mil... Times that by 10 (25Mil) for the fact he had his life stolen from him. and start there. I can see why you sue for 125 Mil though so when the settlement offer comes in it comes in around 25 mil and you take it.
    He'll be lucky to get the 2.5 million.

They sue for an exorbitant amount so the 2-5% out of court settlement is a reasonable amount. Lawyer will take 1/3 - 1/2. Then the government will take another 1/3 or so in taxes.

Who do you people is going to pay for this?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-09-05 at 02:06 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY2LuY7F3nY tell me that looks like a 12yo with a fake gun he even knows how to cock it...... 5 ft 8 230 lb 12 year old who is mature enough to know how to cock a gun and aim while moving.... Cops should really have to wait untill they have a bullet in their head before they fire I guess.
    well y'know... to prevent stupid cops for killing 12 year old (or younger) ... maybe you should not allow any dumbass (many of those in the USA) to carry a gun. Just a thought.

Homophobia is so gay.

He deserves recompense, but $125 million is absurd.
    He deserves all the money and on top of that if I was him I would put a hit on those cops that framed him. Those fuckers should rot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know the actual monetary value of 25 years wrongly imprisoned, but the guy sure as shit has the right to sue for as much as he can get.