Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That's not the way you should be looking at it. In no way do I approve of people suffering, but at the same time do I approve of people turning a fun game into a economy where they not only find ways to screw you over, but then defend their right to screw you over.

If these people want to make money in the video game industry then they're going about it the wrong way. Make mods for games and ask for donations, or just make games. Farming in games and reselling these items in the game not only ruins the game for other players but will eventually destroy the game itself. This is and will never be a good thing.
    Well ok then I guess I had it figured wrong, my apologize because I agree. We shouldn't conflate one issue for another, just because one cares about other people's suffering doesn't mean people don't need a break recharge their batteries and do what they want to do away from what they have to do, so they can deal with the very world that creates all that.

My whole point is that the convenience although annoying, is troubling, and more so because I can't instantly help putting up with someone playing an online game the way it wasn't intended.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

PVP happens in a PVP world. They always have the option to get good and stop being scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Huh? It's fine and acceptable to train, PK and just be mean toward Chinese farmers, but all of a sudden it's totally not acceptable to offend non-Chinese farmers, hypocrisy at its finest
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I guess I'm not seeing the posts that are racist or targeting them purely because they are Venezuelan.

They are targeting them because they are farmers. Farmers hurt the game economy.

A cursory glance at the reddit thread reveals that it sounds like people are playing the pity card, to overlook the fact that the Venezuelans are using both their accounts and bots to farm.

"But come on guys Venezuela is in an economic crisis!" Fuck you, so you justify any illegal activity based on need... if that isn't a slippery slope I don't know what is.
    Quoting from the thread's OP-

Always make sure to speak Spanish when possible. It doesn't matter what they say to you, but through out stuff like "perro" "puta" and talk shit about their family, they hate that. google translate is acceptable
    This is very clearly racist and calculated to inflict harm and grief on a demographic of players based on their ethnicity. You could have made the case that they're just trying to kill gold farmers if they never mentioned "oh, by the way, they're all Venezuelan and trying to feed their families" as a motivator for people to kill them and harass them.

You can't just yell racial epithets at drug dealers who happen to be from other countries and feel justified because they're "breaking the law". That still makes you a terrible human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    Quoting from the thread's OP-

This is very clearly racist and calculated to inflict harm and grief on a demographic of players based on their ethnicity. You could have made the case that they're just trying to kill gold farmers if they never mentioned "oh, by the way, they're all Venezuelan and trying to feed their families" as a motivator for people to kill them and harass them.

Well again I didn't look very long...

But from what I could tell the goals was targeting farmers... if things got out of hand and people turned it into an outlet for their own racism, shame on them. I still don't think people should be discourage from killing them in game just because what they are doing may help them financially... you just don't need to be a racist cockmunch while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    You can't just yell racial epithets at drug dealers who happen to be from other countries and feel justified because they're "breaking the law". That still makes you a terrible human being.
    You have either misunderstood, or are purposely misrepresenting my argument.

Most criminals do so out of desperation, it does not justify the crime. I am/was by no means suggesting that (a) all venezuelans are criminals (b) that being a criminal gives others a free pass to be racist towards them

10+ Year Old Account
    When a video game economy is more stable than your country's economy
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    People still play that shitty game? LMFAO, seriously....

Ah, the glorious internet anonymity and the lack of at least some empathy.
    The edge here is not a meme, it's real.