Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sub rogue in world content

So i am trying to get into sub since its apparently better and stuff than everything else.

I get the gist of the spec. Big time opener. no cd pew pew pew. CD PEW PEW with DfA combo and back to regular pew pew til next combo. (this sorta made sense in my brain. hope it did for you aswell) basically huge opener into dfa combo. Then slow til next dfa combo.

But how do you play it in world content, doing world quests and such ? blow your cds on one mob and you are stuck with backstab on the next. Am i missing something here ?

All Rogue speccs play a little slow in world content. They always have. I'm not sure what the state of Sub is at the moment (I haven't played Sub since fucking WotLK at this point, oink oink), but in my experience it was always the slowest of the three speccs for questing. I don't think that's really changed.

A lot of Rogue gameplay in general is just waiting around like a dumbass for energy/CDs, it's just so much more crucially noticeable when you're soloing quest content that you don't outgear and stuff.

Shadow Dance -> Shuriken Storm -> Eviscerate each target

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Shadow Dance -> Shuriken Storm -> Eviscerate each target
    But what if targets are few and far apart ?

Deleted
    go MfD for questing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Marked for Death is just better for world content and will make everything go faster for your rogue.
    This, a hundred times. The ability to gain 5-6 cp's for free every single mob with no CD time (assuming you killed your mark target) is insanely strong.

I know not everyone has the same luck with legendarys, but if you ever get your hands on the Shoulders, 95% of World content turns into a joke. Doesn't matter what talents you use or what spec you play, these shoulders just allow you to obliterate most mobs in the world within 2 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    All Rogue speccs play a little slow in world content. They always have. I'm not sure what the state of Sub is at the moment (I haven't played Sub since fucking WotLK at this point, oink oink), but in my experience it was always the slowest of the three speccs for questing. I don't think that's really changed.

A lot of Rogue gameplay in general is just waiting around like a dumbass for energy/CDs, it's just so much more crucially noticeable when you're soloing quest content that you don't outgear and stuff.
    assa is slower than sub atm, sub can one shot alot of bullshit in open world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I know not everyone has the same luck with legendarys, but if you ever get your hands on the Shoulders, 95% of World content turns into a joke. Doesn't matter what talents you use or what spec you play, these shoulders just allow you to obliterate most mobs in the world within 2 seconds.
    Theres a follower with the same effect as the shoulders, cant remember which one, but yeah with that effect shadowstrike just one shots most mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Theres a follower with the same effect as the shoulders, cant remember which one, but yeah with that effect shadowstrike just one shots most mobs.
    Unless they are elites, aka important. So far, nothing has beat Jorach Ravenholdt as a follower.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    assa is slower than sub atm, sub can one shot alot of bullshit in open world.
    Assassination one-shots stuff, too, especially with legendaries. I'd assume Sub is better burst, but I can't see their non-CDs outsustaining Mutilate and DoT upkeep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Assassination one-shots stuff, too, especially with legendaries. I'd assume Sub is better burst, but I can't see their non-CDs outsustaining Mutilate and DoT upkeep.
    yeah ofc with legendaries esp shoulders. dunno it feels like shit melt faster as sub.

I like Assa + MfD for its constant damage especially against 3+ mobs but I also switch to Sub from time to time for some nice one shots. It's not that hard to maintain both specs...

In world content sub outperforms the other two specs.
    Play mfd, supterfuge and enveloping shadows. With mfd eviscerate you one shot mobs and es lets you use dance when ever you like.
    Sub is also not cd limited because all your cds are selfbuffs and not on target.
    When you play worldpvp, noone will beat you 1vs1 or even 1vs2, even 3 enemys can work with a little bit cc.
    I never got killed by an assa/outlaw rogue in wpvp since legion prepatch.
    Dying could endanger your health!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Dance -> 6 Combo -> Eviscerate -> Marked for Death -> Eviscerate = Dead mobs, even on Argus.

Deleted
    blow all ur cds into a rare then watch it reset after vanish

#subrogueinworldcontent

My favourite thing in WQs on any char is: doing PVP WQs, as Assassination, with FOK Honor talent, shoulders and Cloak

Very strong and fun!

Deleted
    All rogue specs are amazing in world content. Normal mobs are 1-2 shottable. Needing to dump cooldowns to down regular quest trash is like a problem from early MoP or something...

Shadow strike kills most mobs. 1 backstab finishes off basically everything else. Shadow strike + 2 charges of step + sprint + no fall damage. NO FALL DAMAGE! Sub rogue is fookin amazing for world content.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinth View Post
    blow all ur cds into a rare then watch it reset after vanish

#subrogueinworldcontent
    As long as you have the energy to shadowstrike with the vanish, resets are rare, if it's a problem use Jaroch just before vanish, he sticks around for a second