15+ Year Old Account

[Shadow] Leviathan's Hunger

Leviathan's Hunger is a tank trinket that drops off Mistress Sass'zine, as such we can't get it as Shadow. With that said, I've been curious about it all tier so far and unfortunately the only time my tanks have gotten it so far was either a 940 drop he couldn't trade (best ilevel trinket) or off coins - but when they do get a drop they'll give it to me to play around with, since it's a shitty tank trinket for both of them.

Obviously it has a TON of haste on it, and we haven't had a good haste stat stick in awhile - nothing in TOS for casters, and the only haste stick in NH was ruined by a horrible on-use effect. So that's always attractive to me.

The more interesting part though is Leviathan's on-use effect. A 90 second cooldown, 8 second duration DOT that deals Shadow damage, scales with haste, crit, versatility, and damage increases: including Voidform. Means with good timing we might be able to get a couple million damage out of it single target. Combined with the haste, a high item level Leviathan's Hunger might be a top contender for Shadow Single target trinkets.

Oh, also worth noting it slows by 70% for those 8 seconds, giving Shadow a powerful slow - and it heals for 300% of damage done - which if we could get Hunger to deal like 4 million damage under ideal circumstances, it would heal us for 12 million. Meaning we could time it with high damage mechanics or raid damage to essential remove ourselves from the healing requirements of the fight: good personal survivability/raid utility. And it would add into the burst window healing of Vampiric Embrace potentially.

Disclaimer: This is all hypothetical at this stage as I have not gotten one yet to test with. I am raising the idea in the hopes that someone else has also thought of this, and had more luck in getting one than me. Even if it works out as I suggest it might, it would be a niche choice, definitely not a 'ZOMG BIS Shadow trinket'.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I think the tank trinkets have reduced effect for dps specs, similar to how dps trinkets do reduced damage for tanks. Can't confirm though, haven't tried this one in particular.

Yeah, fairly certain Blizz is aware of potential abuse for things like this. There was a melee DPS trinket from a dungeon that dealt magic damage on-use, and it did 100% damage for Disc instead of 50% like all other damage trinkets...was promptly nerfed.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-09-06 at 02:18 PM.

there is probably some hidden melee range on it or spec requirement on it, there was that one haste with aoe on use from NH that does not advertise its min range requirement but has a 20yd min range to use(I gave the first one to our pally tank to play with, he couldn't use it because of the range requirement)