1. #1
    Legendary! Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6,748

    normally when you queue dodge its to avoid playing someone better than you

    but when you queue dodge in OW its to avoid people who are worse than you

    the entire competitive mode needs a revamp lol. people shouldn't even be able to proceed with a game if a team can't even agree on a composition.

    I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to.

  2. #2
    the only solution I can think of is have a team of people you know, and know how to play. solo que in OW is an exercise in masochism.

  3. #3
    I agree comp can never work in its current state, blizzard is delusional thinking they can get new players and maintain current ones when comp is a shitshow of one tricks, feeders, throwers, and memers.

    My solution, make comp 6v6 only. You find 5 people and queu together that way you can meme and 1 trick all u want if ur team agrees but atleast you get punished by having a lower rating or not beign able to find groups who will carry you, and people who want to improve and be better will play good heroes and play around the enemy team and change comps to what works. it will reward people who are flexible and able to play with many different team comps and groups, if they want ow to be the pinnacle of esports especially with the OWL investments they need to do something like this, right now comp is pure memefest with boosted players who 1 trick meme heroes like symmetra and hanzo and never swap yet somehow mantain gm

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    but when you queue dodge in OW its to avoid people who are worse than you

    the entire competitive mode needs a revamp lol. people shouldn't even be able to proceed with a game if a team can't even agree on a composition.
    Games would literally never start.

  5. #5
    Legendary! Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6,748
    probably at first

    but then bads would stop playing and comp would be worth playing. as it stands, i just treat it like quick play because there is no casual way to play quickplay. 6v6 will never be casual and people use comp as target practice anyway.

    I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    probably at first

    but then bads would stop playing and comp would be worth playing. as it stands, i just treat it like quick play because there is no casual way to play quickplay. 6v6 will never be casual and people use comp as target practice anyway.
    Define bads? Based on your edgy posts I doubt your skill level is much above 'bad'.

    They're in the same rank as you for a reason.

  7. #7
    Legendary! Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6,748
    it would be really awkward if you were gold, mained symmetra, bastion, mercy, lucio, winston, DVA, reinhardt, roadhog, junkrat, pharah or reaper and wanted to have a conversation about skill because you obviously don't have any

    I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to.

  8. #8
    Literally no idea what that statement is even trying to say.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Literally no idea what that statement is even trying to say.
    Gandrake thinks he/she has a lot of skill and puts a lot of emphasis on how skill in a video game makes you a better person than someone else but can't seem to grasp that players with skill use combos to get kills. They tried to post a video showing how skilled they are with doomfist and it was shooting someone who didnt see them, getting a lucky punch on an out of position zen and ulting 2 people but not a single skill combo was used. Not one.

    So don't take Gandrake too seriously.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  10. #10
    Legendary! Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Literally no idea what that statement is even trying to say.
    it means you shouldn't try to start a dick measuring contest if you ain't packing nothing lmao

    everyone knows competitive is a joke and needs an overhaul. you say no to having to agree on a comp because games would never start... As much as people like to say this is a team game, I think it's pretty self centered to offer "games would literally never start" as a reason why something that would require the entire team's input and could increase team communication should not be implemented.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    They tried to post a video showing how skilled they are with doomfist and it was shooting someone who didnt see them
    a flanker getting the drop on someone and killing them quickly... imagine that. it's almost like that's what they're supposed to do.

    next you'll tell us it's ridiculous how wet water is

    doomfist is still garbage btw lol
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-09-12 at 04:43 PM.

    I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to.

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    1,800
    The fact that you actually think that Doomfist is a flanker just goes to show how wrong you are, sir.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    it means you shouldn't try to start a dick measuring contest if you ain't packing nothing lmao

    everyone knows competitive is a joke and needs an overhaul. you say no to having to agree on a comp because games would never start... As much as people like to say this is a team game, I think it's pretty self centered to offer "games would literally never start" as a reason why something that would require the entire team's input and could increase team communication should not be implemented.



    a flanker getting the drop on someone and killing them quickly... imagine that. it's almost like that's what they're supposed to do.

    next you'll tell us it's ridiculous how wet water is

    doomfist is still garbage btw lol
    >doomfist is still garbage btw lol

    Yeah ok this is shitposting at it's finest.

    Stay mediocre friend.

  13. #13
    Legendary! Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    The fact that you actually think that Doomfist is a flanker just goes to show how wrong you are, sir.
    if reaper is a flanker then why wouldn't doomfist be? they have similar strengths and weaknesses

    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    shitposting at it's finest
    reminds me of 90% of posters in this board

    i wish mods here could actually do their job lol

    I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to.

  14. #14
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    it would be really awkward if you were gold, mained symmetra, bastion, mercy, lucio, winston, DVA, reinhardt, roadhog, junkrat, pharah or reaper and wanted to have a conversation about skill because you obviously don't have any
    Sounds like somebody doesn't know how to play around these heroes.

    Sounds like someone doesn't have any skill themselves.

    Whats your SR?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    but when you queue dodge in OW its to avoid people who are worse than you

    the entire competitive mode needs a revamp lol. people shouldn't even be able to proceed with a game if a team can't even agree on a composition.
    Well if the game was well made and well balanced, compositions would barely exist, and if they did, the difference between a good comp and bad comp wouldn't be enough to overthrow player skill. Right now it's just a giant rock/paper/scissor bullshit where people playing with their feet can win with a superior comp or easier heroes.

    But Blizzard can't sell the game by saying "the core design is to not take player skills into consideration". So we're all here thinking we can just play better next game and win but the fact remains that we'll get fucked by a counter pick played by a blind person.

    Until the core of the game is fixed and balanced correctly, I don't even understand why competitive exist, it's just an exercise of "who understands the flaws of the game better".

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    4,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    it would be really awkward if you were gold, mained symmetra, bastion, mercy, lucio, winston, DVA, reinhardt, roadhog, junkrat, pharah or reaper and wanted to have a conversation about skill because you obviously don't have any
    Having skill and playing what's meta are two very different things. Also, not entirely sure why you named a bunch of meta heroes in that tirade either, since you seem to be trying to insinuate that playing something other than a T1 meta hero makes you bad.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Having skill and playing what's meta are two very different things. Also, not entirely sure why you named a bunch of meta heroes in that tirade either, since you seem to be trying to insinuate that playing something other than a T1 meta hero makes you bad.
    There's tier 1 heroes in that list, all of his post make no sense.

    This entire thread is bizarre.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-09-15 at 12:57 PM.

  18. #18
    I do this often. If I have a complete shit game and I really don't want to play with the people again I'll do arcade for one to two games and then que up for comp again.

  19. #19
    I too have a hard time making 5 whole friends with which to play organized games with. I cry in my basement every time my 5 random teammates don't do what I demand of them.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •