Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

normally when you queue dodge its to avoid playing someone better than you

but when you queue dodge in OW its to avoid people who are worse than you

the entire competitive mode needs a revamp lol. people shouldn't even be able to proceed with a game if a team can't even agree on a composition.

the only solution I can think of is have a team of people you know, and know how to play. solo que in OW is an exercise in masochism.

I agree comp can never work in its current state, blizzard is delusional thinking they can get new players and maintain current ones when comp is a shitshow of one tricks, feeders, throwers, and memers.

My solution, make comp 6v6 only. You find 5 people and queu together that way you can meme and 1 trick all u want if ur team agrees but atleast you get punished by having a lower rating or not beign able to find groups who will carry you, and people who want to improve and be better will play good heroes and play around the enemy team and change comps to what works. it will reward people who are flexible and able to play with many different team comps and groups, if they want ow to be the pinnacle of esports especially with the OWL investments they need to do something like this, right now comp is pure memefest with boosted players who 1 trick meme heroes like symmetra and hanzo and never swap yet somehow mantain gm

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

the entire competitive mode needs a revamp lol. people shouldn't even be able to proceed with a game if a team can't even agree on a composition.
    Games would literally never start.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably at first

but then bads would stop playing and comp would be worth playing. as it stands, i just treat it like quick play because there is no casual way to play quickplay. 6v6 will never be casual and people use comp as target practice anyway.

probably at first

but then bads would stop playing and comp would be worth playing. as it stands, i just treat it like quick play because there is no casual way to play quickplay. 6v6 will never be casual and people use comp as target practice anyway.
    Define bads? Based on your edgy posts I doubt your skill level is much above 'bad'.

They're in the same rank as you for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be really awkward if you were gold, mained symmetra, bastion, mercy, lucio, winston, DVA, reinhardt, roadhog, junkrat, pharah or reaper and wanted to have a conversation about skill because you obviously don't have any

Literally no idea what that statement is even trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Gandrake thinks he/she has a lot of skill and puts a lot of emphasis on how skill in a video game makes you a better person than someone else but can't seem to grasp that players with skill use combos to get kills. They tried to post a video showing how skilled they are with doomfist and it was shooting someone who didnt see them, getting a lucky punch on an out of position zen and ulting 2 people but not a single skill combo was used. Not one.

So don't take Gandrake too seriously.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    it means you shouldn't try to start a dick measuring contest if you ain't packing nothing lmao

everyone knows competitive is a joke and needs an overhaul. you say no to having to agree on a comp because games would never start... As much as people like to say this is a team game, I think it's pretty self centered to offer "games would literally never start" as a reason why something that would require the entire team's input and could increase team communication should not be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    They tried to post a video showing how skilled they are with doomfist and it was shooting someone who didnt see them
    a flanker getting the drop on someone and killing them quickly... imagine that. it's almost like that's what they're supposed to do.

next you'll tell us it's ridiculous how wet water is

doomfist is still garbage btw lol
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-09-12 at 04:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you actually think that Doomfist is a flanker just goes to show how wrong you are, sir.

it means you shouldn't try to start a dick measuring contest if you ain't packing nothing lmao

everyone knows competitive is a joke and needs an overhaul. you say no to having to agree on a comp because games would never start... As much as people like to say this is a team game, I think it's pretty self centered to offer "games would literally never start" as a reason why something that would require the entire team's input and could increase team communication should not be implemented.

a flanker getting the drop on someone and killing them quickly... imagine that. it's almost like that's what they're supposed to do.

next you'll tell us it's ridiculous how wet water is

doomfist is still garbage btw lol
    >doomfist is still garbage btw lol

Yeah ok this is shitposting at it's finest.

Stay mediocre friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    The fact that you actually think that Doomfist is a flanker just goes to show how wrong you are, sir.
    if reaper is a flanker then why wouldn't doomfist be? they have similar strengths and weaknesses

shitposting at it's finest
    reminds me of 90% of posters in this board

i wish mods here could actually do their job lol

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    it would be really awkward if you were gold, mained symmetra, bastion, mercy, lucio, winston, DVA, reinhardt, roadhog, junkrat, pharah or reaper and wanted to have a conversation about skill because you obviously don't have any
    Sounds like somebody doesn't know how to play around these heroes.

Sounds like someone doesn't have any skill themselves.

Whats your SR?

Well if the game was well made and well balanced, compositions would barely exist, and if they did, the difference between a good comp and bad comp wouldn't be enough to overthrow player skill. Right now it's just a giant rock/paper/scissor bullshit where people playing with their feet can win with a superior comp or easier heroes.

But Blizzard can't sell the game by saying "the core design is to not take player skills into consideration". So we're all here thinking we can just play better next game and win but the fact remains that we'll get fucked by a counter pick played by a blind person.

Until the core of the game is fixed and balanced correctly, I don't even understand why competitive exist, it's just an exercise of "who understands the flaws of the game better".

10+ Year Old Account
    Having skill and playing what's meta are two very different things. Also, not entirely sure why you named a bunch of meta heroes in that tirade either, since you seem to be trying to insinuate that playing something other than a T1 meta hero makes you bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Having skill and playing what's meta are two very different things. Also, not entirely sure why you named a bunch of meta heroes in that tirade either, since you seem to be trying to insinuate that playing something other than a T1 meta hero makes you bad.
    There's tier 1 heroes in that list, all of his post make no sense.

This entire thread is bizarre.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-09-15 at 12:57 PM.

I do this often. If I have a complete shit game and I really don't want to play with the people again I'll do arcade for one to two games and then que up for comp again.

I too have a hard time making 5 whole friends with which to play organized games with. I cry in my basement every time my 5 random teammates don't do what I demand of them.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I too have a hard time making 5 whole friends with which to play organized games with. I cry in my basement every time my 5 random teammates don't do what I demand of them.
    I know you're kidding but seriously getting 5 friends of equal skill that work together well online at the same time to play together is genuinely fucking hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.