Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard will become like M$ very soon, i.e. no more xpacks - just content patches. You know, what was the reason for having xpacks in the past? To nerf players via adding new levels and force them to grind their power from scratch. But with all this scaling teches they don't need it any more. Also with all this bad design decisions, I guess, Wow collapsed so much, that they won't have resources to develop new xpacks very soon.
    I am pretty sure the No.1 reason for xpacs is to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Never before have we had new profession items for every profession in a simple patch. This is like a new tier of profession items. When do we usually get this? In a new expansion.
    Enchanting only got something it should have had from the start: the ability to shatter the epic crystal into blue ones...

Deleted
    No, shit. Because they stopped working on it and released what they already had finished.
    Have you got a source on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard will become like M$ very soon, i.e. no more xpacks - just content patches. You know, what was the reason for having xpacks in the past? To nerf players via adding new levels and force them to grind their power from scratch. But with all this scaling teches they don't need it any more. Also with all this bad design decisions, I guess, Wow collapsed so much, that they won't have resources to develop new xpacks very soon.
    I really doubt blizzard is gonna stop charging $60 for expansions unless sales drop too much for it to be viable, and they aren't anywhere near that I'd wager.

They could do everything you described in an expansion pack without raising the player level, and just making the leveling zones ways to get up to the new gear level for the new endgame content and experience the story.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-06 at 07:13 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, shit. Because they stopped working on it and released what they already had finished.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it will likely take longer now, because they changed direction mid-development. That's why there was no announcement at Gamescom. Expect the next expansion at the earliest in November 2018
    Few things are more annoying than people who state speculation as fact. It was established early on that we were going to Argus within Legion's lifetime. So, you can take off your lil' tinfoil hat.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    They likely did with it what they did with the King of the North expansion for Diablo 3. They decided to roll with something else, and then they used the pieces that were already there and put them in the form of a patch. Proof of this? Argus has its own resources. Empyrium. Astral Glory. Fiendish Leather. Lightweave Cloth. Chemirine. Argulite. Lightsphene. Labradorite. Florid Malachite. Hesselian.

Never before have we had new profession items for every profession in a simple patch. This is like a new tier of profession items. When do we usually get this? In a new expansion.

Then we have the Vindicaar moving with us from zone to zone. Pretty redundant in these small zones where you can teleport back and forth anyway. But if this was a whole continent with 5 big zones, the Vindicaar could have served as a command center for the whole expansion. Like our Order Halls in Legion or the buildings we create in every zone on Draenor.

It looks like the Argus patch is the groundwork they did for an Argus expansion, before they scrapped it and turned it into a patch instead.
    No /thread

No, it will likely take longer now, because they changed direction mid-development. That's why there was no announcement at Gamescom. Expect the next expansion at the earliest in November 2018
    No, you don't understand. If they scrapped an entire Argus expansion like half-way through Legion or something, we'd probably be seeing the next one be announced around then. Release would be 2019. It'd be a huge mess.

There's just no way. Maybe they just wanted the patch to feel like an expansion by adding new materials?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Have you got a source on that.
    He does, but linking a picture of his ass would get him banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    No /thread
    Pretty much.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

And with this answer i really must stop the feeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure like in MoP they added new cloth types later on, even in BC with soul cloth etc. Instead of the MoP model of having to do CDs or raid content its just off mobs now. If you look at what they create its just 1 piece of gear. I don't think making cloth pants or a gem hat classifies as an expansion's worth of crafting content. I see it more like just like soul cloth for kara in BC. Not to mention the enchanting materials are all the same so its just a couple of new purples that use a different resource. Nothing new move along.

For an expansion the zones would be way way wayyyy to small for that. At best maybe they cannibalized some assets of an intended patch? Though thats nothing new, Hellfire Pen was in Vanilla, and the Emerald Dream was in game for quite a while as well. Tons of stuff gets set aside for later. Also doubt Argus was going to be the next expansion not shifting from WoD to Legion to Argus tahts way to much fel theme and people would get burned out by the samey themes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Few things are more annoying than people who state speculation as fact. It was established early on that we were going to Argus within Legion's lifetime. So, you can take off your lil' tinfoil hat.
    Yeah? Where?

No, it's not new world = new materials. Pandaria wasn't its own world and it still had new materials. We get new materials in a new expansion.
    Seperate continents (in the real world) have different flora and fauna unless introduced (like tomatoes and potatoes). Also different layers of ground / bedrock. Why do you think this couldn't be the case for Pandaria and Northrend?

10+ Year Old Account
    A constant stream of threads, some contradicting others and involving various near-conspiracy theories about what Blizzard is or isn't doing appears to be just baiting the forum to stir up noise.

Closing this.

Yeah? Where?
    Watcher said so at Blizzcon, last year. You can look it up. It's at about 1:40 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41gspCRvqJE
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."