[FURY] Set bonuses vs ilvl in ToS AOE fights

Hey all,
    I'm a warrior re-roll for this expac who has slowly built my gear to 920 range, and now I am starting to see more potency on single target fights than the AOE fights. Single target logs aren't perfect, and this is my first post so cannot post links, but thanks to the guides here and tips and whatnot I feel reasonably good about it.
    AOE is something that I routinely see lower logs, the Harjatan and Sasszine fights where I think I have the most room for improvement. So I wanted to ask whether it's worth it swapping out a couple higher ilvl items with haste/mastery in place of a couple pieces of tier that are 885 & 900. What brought this on of course is that I got a 925 cloak in my weekly chest that is haste/mastery and it occurred to me that maybe the mastery boost would give me an edge on those fights.
    For spec on those fights I change to War Machine. Haven't really seen a big boost from Wrecking Ball but curious what your thoughts are on spec choices for those fights.
    Kil'Jaeden heroic also tends to give me fits for some reason, which is irritating as it's a fight Fury seems to kill it on, but I think that's mostly me being a retard in lining up CDs for the adds. Every week we drop him I tend to get a little better at anticipating, but if any of you have tips on that fight in particular I'd appreciate anything you're willing to share.

15+ Year Old Account
    Free bump because the spam filter caught this when originally posted.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I feel like the OP might be missing.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-09-07 at 10:57 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh great, I love that bug. I fixed the thread, but the post itself took 3 more attempts to actually fix it. Should be okay now.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

For Heavy AoE fights where adds are often alive in your raids for longer periods, Bloodbath does alot more damage than Inner Rage since you have alot less time to Raging Blow. I also found with some practice bloodbath can do decent single target, not too far behind Inner rage. The set bonuses are good to keep if there is frequent time on the boss that you are using raging blow again, if you hardly have the chance to on a fight than the set bonuses are not helping.

On KJ, keep you cooldowns when hes landing for the first intermission, they will spawn soon after. Also every time avatar/glaives are close to comming off cooldown I know to save them/next battle cry since the adds spawn again soon after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolwasabi View Post
    For Heavy AoE fights where adds are often alive in your raids for longer periods, Bloodbath does alot more damage than Inner Rage since you have alot less time to Raging Blow. I also found with some practice bloodbath can do decent single target, not too far behind Inner rage. The set bonuses are good to keep if there is frequent time on the boss that you are using raging blow again, if you hardly have the chance to on a fight than the set bonuses are not helping.

On KJ, keep you cooldowns when hes landing for the first intermission, they will spawn soon after. Also every time avatar/glaives are close to comming off cooldown I know to save them/next battle cry since the adds spawn again soon after that.
    With the T21 Fury Set, you pretty much get a free bloodbath as a passive. Maybe you will be able to stack bloodbath and the fury set bonus bleeds and get some massive damage out of it.

Im kinda stoked fury gets bleeds back.

Go to warcraftlogs. Look at top parses. Wear what they wear and talent what they talent.

Doesnt mean you will hit those ranks... lol

Fury AoE is weak outside of its cooldowns. Arms is the far superior AoE spec for both burst and sustained. It's also got better single target damage too, but that's for another thread. I don't bother swapping to Wrecking Ball for AoE fights. The RNG of it is not reliable. I just save my burst cooldowns for heavy add phases. I macro Avatar and the Umbral Glaives trinket together and pop them right before Battle Cry and Odin's Fury and then go to town. That's pretty much the sum of Fury's AoE potential in ToS. Single target talents with a strong trinket lined up with other cooldowns.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb