Question Question about Haste + Destruction Spec.

Is there a cap of some sort as far as how much haste to get?

Right now I sit @ 20% Crit / 30% Haste / 29% Mastery (Trying to get rid of it).

I've noticed no difference in cast speed from 27% haste to 30% haste as far as Incinerate / Immolate (I'm guessing haste only applies to Immolate tics).

What kind of "cap" for haste should I be looking for?
    This information is not in the Destro guide, so if this was going to be you're response, please do me a favor and don't bother posting.

Thanks!

I don't think there are breakpoints or other magical threshold values to be concerned about, and gear availability does its part to limit the amount of stats realistically available. As for the value of haste, that is probably contingent on so many factors you are simply best off simming your own setup and extrapolating from there.

There is no cap for haste or any stat for Destruction. Haste also improves cast speed of Chaos Bolt and Incinerate.

All stats are about equal value for Destruction. Generally speaking if you just go by item level you will be ok

If I recall correctly as well, Haste should still affect GCD timing, so that's something to take into account unless I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghormus View Post
    If I recall correctly as well, Haste should still affect GCD timing, so that's something to take into account unless I'm wrong.
    While haste does influence GCD, I don't think that's a factor for gearing decisions. It's not like you can just get all pure haste gear or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    While haste does influence GCD, I don't think that's a factor for gearing decisions. It's not like you can just get all pure haste gear or whatever.
    Yeah true. Also @OP I'm not sure if you're talking about the LOSS Guide or the MMO-Champ one but if you're talking about the latter it's.. out of date. Check out the LOSS one if you haven't already.

I don't know why I think the "soft" cap is around 30%. I am around 31% - 32% with 21% crit. I think that's pretty good, though I do have whispers and another haste trinket. I like the pairing and all the haste I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Copey View Post
    Is there a cap of some sort as far as how much haste to get?

Right now I sit @ 20% Crit / 30% Haste / 29% Mastery (Trying to get rid of it).
    There's no soft-cap, but I've found with sim's that once I hit around 30% haste it pushes me towards crit/mastery instead. Also, if you have 4pc T20 then mastery is a good stat (equal to crit for my sims), but this will probably go away once we get T21.

Just equip mostly your highest ilvl stuff and try to have a good spread of stats.

There has not really been any soft or hard caps for stats for at least 2 expansions. Glad there isnt, reforging sucked. And thankfully they got rid of hit% awhile back.