Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It was like the breakfast club, except everyone was minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Were they mean and snobby? Were any of them football players, cheerleaders, or volleyball players? Were any of them successful? Did they hung out at the Mall? Were they happy?
    2 that I know of are in Prison, even though one became a cop, I only know about that because it was in the paper.

The most popular of all were the pretty girls that you could easily get to join you in bed, and some of them charged for it. They were 'known" in school and managed to gather a number of people around them. There were also the annoying dickheads from the upper classrooms. They weren't even jocks, they were just plain assholes with shits for brains and almost all of them are doing pretty poorly after they finished school.

I was the absolute opposite of popular, I wasn't ever bullied because of my aggressive attitude towards most people, so I was left alone to myself and my group of friends. I can't say I didn't like those days.
    Last edited by Dsonsion; 2017-09-07 at 02:23 PM.

When i got to high school, there really wasn't "popular" people anymore. There were different groups of kids but none of them were more popular than the other. I was kind of popular because i was bigger and taller than everyone. I got along well with everyone but wasn't much of a socializer. I was pretty lucky i went to a nice public school in a moderate sized town. I graduated in 1992.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had 3 main branches of popularity with a 4th minor one. We had blazers that had different colored trimmings signifying excellence at one of the first 3.

Academics (Blue): First and foremost who were respected and treated like rockstars. Didn't matter what you looked like or had no social skills if you were good at academics you were popular, period. You earned the color by either being top of your class, scoring pretty much almost straight A's in exams, or having scored well in your O'levels.

Athletes (Yellow): Following after the academics these guys were obviously good at sports and hence popular. More assholes seemed to gravitate towards this group for some reason and a certain amount of bullies. You earned this by being on the school sports teams which were highly competitive and were involved in at least a few matches against other school and tournaments.

Culture (Red): This group involved school teams such as speech and debate, arts, chess, singing and musical instrument mastery, and you get the idea. Same as athletics you needed to have been in the school team and had participated in a match with a foreign school.

Now the 4th one wasn't an official school recognized one. This was just either the cool kids who were very social, were on the disciplinary committee and this used to attract bullies, or one of the rich kids whose parents were swimming in money.

As for the official colors you could earn more than one but it was ridiculously hard to juggle the commitments for all 3. Having earned all 3 though earned you the gold color and one of the very few ways to get on the dean's list.

I personally had the black color due to being dead on the inside. Kidding, I actually had red and yellow for being in the speech and debate team along with the swimming team.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    A sparkly, above happy type of girl. And a tall big and ellegant guy who did boxing, liked by all them girls.
    Last i hear that sparkly girl actually made something out of her life, with some money and all, to my god damned surprise. Not sure about the boxing guy.

However my instincts tell me, those rumours are a tad false.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there were popular groups. Football, Lacrosse (Boys and Girls) were the main sports. Cheerleaders eh sure a little.

I mostly was a loner, but I got along with the lacrosse folks since I played.

Football were all arrogant asses, which is funny because they were utterly horrible and a terrible team win wise.

I still hold a dislike enough of the coolkid crowd and conforming to what is hip and popular at the time though.

ok... since middle school is the epitome of "time to try and be popular".. i'll judge based on that

popular guys, were rich kids simple and plain... usually all were friends with fellow rich kids
    popular girls, were basically the best looking girls... no surprise there

i used to TRY so hard to be friends with some of these "popular kids"...
    i was pretty well liked, but i was never "popular"... although the girls always kinda liked me, but i was kind of shy

back in my day emos were cool, now we have lgbt+++, sjws and others

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly douche bags and bullies. Most of them have shitty jobs, shitty marriages, and shitty lives.

None of them realized nerds rule the world until it was too late, and they now have a nerd as a boss.

My High School class was unique. While there were the cliche popular kids, everyone was pretty cool with everyone and we were a very tight knit class. Me personally, while I wasn't super popular, I pretty much had friends in every social circle, along with my own close circle of ~6 friends or so. I had my 10 year reunion last year and everyone was super friendly with each other. We didn't have any bullying and there really weren't even any social outcasts(maybe 1 or 2 but that's because they went out of their way to be "different").

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Were they mean and snobby? Were any of them football players, cheerleaders, or volleyball players? Were any of them successful? Did they hung out at the Mall? Were they happy?
    We had gangs. Gangs loved to go to the mall back in the early 90's so I avoided the ones in my area. There was a very small group of well-to-do kids but it was mostly about not getting shot or jumped or beat up by the fucking gangs that never seemed to have anything better to do that hang around near the school because their one little cousin hadn't dropped out yet.

My school had race riots about once a year. During the LA riots a teacher got beat up and a student was stabbed to death with sharpened nail files on the campus.

It was also overcrowded to the point where even if you had decent test scores you would end up in 'ESL' or remedial English and have to petition to get out of it. The counselor for my group wouldn't lift a finger unless you were black and then she'd practically fill out your college applications herself. I ended up starting to take college classes in 10th grade at the community college just to get the opportunity to learn.

Yeah, fuck that place. Complete waste of time that only made me learn to hate others.

The popular kids were popular coz they made others laugh.

They were assholes coz they made them laugh by mobbing me.

Now I laugh at them coz I make a lot more money then them.

LinkedIn is a great tool to see who fucked up in life