Page 1 of 2
LastLast

keeping headphones in your ears at all times.

So I find that I tend to keep my headphones in my ears almost all day long. I wear Plantronics backbeat headphones so it's easy to leave them in and it makes it easier to go about many aspects of my day when I know that I can turn my music on anytime. I notice this is a trend for many people these days to pretty much always have headphones or ear buds in your ears for most of the day.

Do you keep headphones in your ears?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

i wear headphones every day when at work, but I don't keep them in my ears all day. Have bluetooth headset I keep hidden under my collar and just plug in my ears when I find it gets too quiet. usually just plug in one ear actually at low volume so i can still hear around me. I don't need music blasting, just something to break up the silence.

so not "in ear" all day, but always available.

I don't really use them at all, because I hate the way they feel in my ears. I suppose I have just become accustom to the way my headset feels at my computer at home.

Basically if I am at work I have music playing on my speakers in the shop. If I am out and about I am listening to nothing. If I am at home, listening to music on my computer or by any other speaker device in my house.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

Deleted
    I wear them the moment I'm walking. I notice that filtering out background noise and listening to music calms me down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only when listening to music. I think it's a bit rude to keep them in when talking to people, and if I'm not listening to music anyway there's no point having them there.

Putting anything in your ear, especially for longer periods of time, is bad for your ears. So I tend to use ear-buds when I'm on the move without access to proper headphones, and then pull them out of the ear when not in use.

http://www.whittierhospital.com/WHMC...-My-Ears-.aspx

No, because wearing them all day can lead to accumlated earwax in the last half of your ear canal. It hardens over the months/years and the plug is difficult to get rid off without the help of a doctor.
    The plug causes no real pain, but obviously you hear worse. So if you wear headphones a lot, go visit an otologist and check your ear canal. The procedure is painless and you will be surprised how much of a difference it makes once he/she flushes your ear canal.

No, that would never work.
    I need to to actually communicate with people, face to face.

Leaving your headphones on when there is no music is what you're supposed to do at all times.

I took mine off for a split second one time and someone thought I was a socially functional adult, so I slammed them back on and REEEEEE'd back to my basement.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, that would never work.
    I need to to actually communicate with people, face to face.
    why can't you communicate face to face with people while wearing ear buds? You do realize you can turn the music off while talking to people right?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Leaving your headphones on when there is no music is what you're supposed to do at all times.

I took mine off for a split second one time and someone thought I was a socially functional adult, so I slammed them back on and REEEEEE'd back to my basement.
    Leaving them in when not using them is just weird, not just weird...I'd say it's borderline autism.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    why can't you communicate face to face with people while wearing ear buds? You do realize you can turn the music off while talking to people right?
    It is just rude and un-professional to leave the ear-buds in.

Becuase it looks sloppy and you look unfocused.
    I might use them in my office but they are out as soon as someone comes in or I leave.

Deleted
    1. Because it looks stupid.
    2. The other person doesn't know you got nothing playing so he assumes you simply aren't listening.
    3. It's a sign that people should not talk to you, which is fine for some moments...but it's the same people who get depressed because they are unable to make social contact later in life.

My ears are fucked. If you said something to me with anything in or around my ear, I wouldn't be able to understand what you had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I try too. If I want to interact with you, i'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

So I find that I tend to keep my headphones in my ears almost all day long. I wear Plantronics backbeat headphones so it's easy to leave them in and it makes it easier to go about many aspects of my day when I know that I can turn my music on anytime. I notice this is a trend for many people these days to pretty much always have headphones or ear buds in your ears for most of the day.

No I don't. Here's why:
    I can't stand having things stuck IN my ears. I don't use headset that covers my ears entirely, like most gaming headset for exemple.

People like you are the reason why others get mad when they talk to me and I don't hear them with my headset on. I happen to listen to music, listening implies non-pussy volume that gets polluted by the surrounding noises.

My "earholes" are different sizes so cant use in-ears.

This thread should be titled: What are pockets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    My "earholes" are different sizes so cant use in-ears.
    this needs some explaining.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

No, I can't stand muffled noise when no music/book is on, unless I am using them for noise cancellation when I am running power tools, but most of the time I have music on when I am doing that.