Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Remove professions as they are now and bake the items into the loot rotations, weekly rewards, or just make stuff purchasable with the obscene amounts of gold we get these days?

    Professions as they are now, seem to be generally denounced on my server (Wyrmrest Accord) as relics of a bygone era. They exist only because Blizzard thinks we need the nostalgic feeling of mass producing greens and blues for a week to be able to make 2 or 3 items or 4 to 6 enchants of value.

    Obviously making professions matter requires effort and "resources" (whatever that means) on Blizzard's part which they certainly have no inclination to give at this point, so why not just do what they always do and "bake-in" professions into vendor items or special micro-holiday prizes?

    If anything, I would LOVE to see professions mean something to our characters, but there are a LOT of things I would love to see that will just never happen, so in true blizz fashion, take the easy road and just put this system to death and move on.

    Do you agree or do you actually find some meaning in these "professions" or, as I like to call them, a negative waste of time?
    Professions are pointless because your server is garbage? Excellent logic lol. Meanwhile most of us are sitting pretty well off because of them
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

  2. #62
    Its how we make our gold

  3. #63
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    23,503
    Honestly, suggestions to remove whole chunks of the game that someone doesn't like can go straight to hell.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara

    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

  4. #64
    I have found that most of the crafting professions are not valuable, i.e. tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworking. Jewelcrafting and enchanting are benefical but the other are meh.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonchie View Post
    I have found that most of the crafting professions are not valuable, i.e. tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworking. Jewelcrafting and enchanting are benefical but the other are meh.
    bought 40 eu tokens a couple of days ago thanks to these professions

  6. #66
    In GW2, professions are more engaging with discovering new receipes / patters, and in LOTRO, professions are much more useful with a good mix of gear, crafted legendary equipment (3 different tiers), and vanity items. In WoW, it seems more and more like a timesink for Hardcore-RPers beside some professions being useful for gameplay reasons (alchemy, cooking and to some extent scribe for buffs; enchanting and jewelcrafting for equipment upgrades). Armour and weapon crafting is completely obsolete except for people who don't raid at all, and ingeneering has always been a gimmick profession.

    I wish they would have at least made crafted items from 7.0 upgradeable like the new Argus crafted items, but for some reason, they are not. :/

  7. #67
    I find that Legion professions are just fine for main characters, but with enough alts, it gets really tough to will yourself to keep them all up.

    Though I must say, I quite enjoyed many of the "slice of life" side quests through Dalaran and elsewhere. Also: mailing a Drogbar. Whoever came up with that one is my hero.

  8. #68
    I am pretty sure this game needs professions.
    Would be very dull and much less colorful of a game otherwise imo.

  9. #69
    I am against seeing more of the game pruned.

    I want professions to be fun again in terms of progression. RNG progression doesn't work for a MMORPG.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    OP: People play this game in all sorts of ways, and not all of them are into instanced content. Some play just for pet battles, some just for professions. I like the idea of making professions more engaging. As Preach observed, it might be cool for that player in your guild who isn't into raiding to maybe become your guild's master smith, learning the rare recipes to make items all of you will value and appreciate. Legion started out like they might be headed that direction, but it never panned out that way. Just my thoughts.
    That is how it is in other MMOs and how it used to be in WoW too. People would come to me for enchanting and lockpicking all the time. These days I receive more lock picking requests than enchanting lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.
    7.2 We fly!!!

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicForce View Post
    Its how we make our gold
    you make more gold doing garrisons now. I doubt they go away as the last 2 expansions had them

  11. #71
    I dont like the Ranks system. Makes it so people who don't have the max rank can't compete with those who do, in terms of materials.

  12. #72
    Because removing content that some people enjoy while those who don't can simply ignore it is bad.

  13. #73
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Change the f'ing shoulders rank 3 from rated bg win to regular! Hard enouth to win bg's as Horde as it is when I play!
    My guild, with no RBG experience on horde side, has won our first 4 matches in a row. One of them with only 9 players vs a 10 player team. So your argument is invalid.

  14. #74
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    19,593
    The IDEA of ranks and the IDEA of having professions "gated" behind quests and storylines were both awesome, the execution of both, however, were terrible. Still, better than having npc's do it for you like in WoD.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  15. #75
    why remove them? how about they actually make them useful.

  16. #76
    Stood in the Fire Grahamington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Maryland Heights, MO
    Posts
    414
    I think professions should stay, just not in their current form.

    They are boring and seem pointless for the most part. Crafting ones are REALLY pointless with heirlooms.
    Selling myself out below


  17. #77
    The Insane Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    World of Warcraft + The North
    Posts
    16,542
    People unable to utilize professions =////////////////= Professions are useless.

    I've quite enjoyed professions in their execution this expansion, the quests and ranks means I have an edge over people not bothering with them. I make absolute bank from professions (tailoring, herbalism, alchemy, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing) at that, so people saying they're "pointless" are laughable.

    Hopefully they'll not return professions to the boring state they were at before WoD, when everyone could just get the max benefit from a crafting profession by throwing gold at the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    But in this example, the "multiple tours from past wars" were actually them taking a really, really long drive to a shooting range and shooting at big, stationary targets point blank. And now they feel an inflated sense of self because most people didn't want to deal with the drive and they stuck it out.
    ^ In regards to someone comparing current high-end raiders to less seasoned soldiers, calling Classic raiders War veterans.

  18. #78
    At the start of Legion I got some Engineering quest to craft some shit. I checked the AH and the price for the materials would have been several tens of thousands gold. That's one fucking retarded game developer right there lol

  19. #79
    I am Murloc! FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicForce View Post
    Its how we make our gold
    Professions doesn't generate a single piece of gold..

    Gold is generated, primarily from quests and secondary from mob drops..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-10-20 at 09:45 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  20. #80
    I don't think professions overall are in a bad place. I think that capping out a profession is anti-climactic. I also think that once you cap the prof. the UI itself becomes ugly. All the spells become gray on a gray background. I think they could use the same system/stats/progression/quests/etc.. if only they'd streamline the UI.
    Edit: Inscription, and Jewelcrafting could use help. I also think that Arch probably needs more rewarding progression. Adding something like Pet bandages and oddball craft-ables to first-aid could easily fix that one up a bit. Maybe even like the old shaman poison cleansing totem a buff that passively cleanses debuffs.
    Last edited by Dewthermos; 2017-10-20 at 10:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •