Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Remove professions as they are now and bake the items into the loot rotations, weekly rewards, or just make stuff purchasable with the obscene amounts of gold we get these days?

Professions as they are now, seem to be generally denounced on my server (Wyrmrest Accord) as relics of a bygone era. They exist only because Blizzard thinks we need the nostalgic feeling of mass producing greens and blues for a week to be able to make 2 or 3 items or 4 to 6 enchants of value.

Obviously making professions matter requires effort and "resources" (whatever that means) on Blizzard's part which they certainly have no inclination to give at this point, so why not just do what they always do and "bake-in" professions into vendor items or special micro-holiday prizes?

If anything, I would LOVE to see professions mean something to our characters, but there are a LOT of things I would love to see that will just never happen, so in true blizz fashion, take the easy road and just put this system to death and move on.

Do you agree or do you actually find some meaning in these "professions" or, as I like to call them, a negative waste of time?
    Professions are pointless because your server is garbage? Excellent logic lol. Meanwhile most of us are sitting pretty well off because of them
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Its how we make our gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, suggestions to remove whole chunks of the game that someone doesn't like can go straight to hell.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have found that most of the crafting professions are not valuable, i.e. tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworking. Jewelcrafting and enchanting are benefical but the other are meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonchie View Post
    I have found that most of the crafting professions are not valuable, i.e. tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworking. Jewelcrafting and enchanting are benefical but the other are meh.
    bought 40 eu tokens a couple of days ago thanks to these professions

Deleted
    In GW2, professions are more engaging with discovering new receipes / patters, and in LOTRO, professions are much more useful with a good mix of gear, crafted legendary equipment (3 different tiers), and vanity items. In WoW, it seems more and more like a timesink for Hardcore-RPers beside some professions being useful for gameplay reasons (alchemy, cooking and to some extent scribe for buffs; enchanting and jewelcrafting for equipment upgrades). Armour and weapon crafting is completely obsolete except for people who don't raid at all, and ingeneering has always been a gimmick profession.

I wish they would have at least made crafted items from 7.0 upgradeable like the new Argus crafted items, but for some reason, they are not. :/

I find that Legion professions are just fine for main characters, but with enough alts, it gets really tough to will yourself to keep them all up.

Though I must say, I quite enjoyed many of the "slice of life" side quests through Dalaran and elsewhere. Also: mailing a Drogbar. Whoever came up with that one is my hero.

Deleted
    I am pretty sure this game needs professions.
    Would be very dull and much less colorful of a game otherwise imo.

I am against seeing more of the game pruned.

I want professions to be fun again in terms of progression. RNG progression doesn't work for a MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    OP: People play this game in all sorts of ways, and not all of them are into instanced content. Some play just for pet battles, some just for professions. I like the idea of making professions more engaging. As Preach observed, it might be cool for that player in your guild who isn't into raiding to maybe become your guild's master smith, learning the rare recipes to make items all of you will value and appreciate. Legion started out like they might be headed that direction, but it never panned out that way. Just my thoughts.
    That is how it is in other MMOs and how it used to be in WoW too. People would come to me for enchanting and lockpicking all the time. These days I receive more lock picking requests than enchanting lol!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicForce View Post
    Its how we make our gold
    you make more gold doing garrisons now. I doubt they go away as the last 2 expansions had them

I dont like the Ranks system. Makes it so people who don't have the max rank can't compete with those who do, in terms of materials.

Deleted
    Because removing content that some people enjoy while those who don't can simply ignore it is bad.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Change the f'ing shoulders rank 3 from rated bg win to regular! Hard enouth to win bg's as Horde as it is when I play!
    My guild, with no RBG experience on horde side, has won our first 4 matches in a row. One of them with only 9 players vs a 10 player team. So your argument is invalid.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The IDEA of ranks and the IDEA of having professions "gated" behind quests and storylines were both awesome, the execution of both, however, were terrible. Still, better than having npc's do it for you like in WoD.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

why remove them? how about they actually make them useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think professions should stay, just not in their current form.

They are boring and seem pointless for the most part. Crafting ones are REALLY pointless with heirlooms.
    Selling myself out below

People unable to utilize professions =////////////////= Professions are useless.

I've quite enjoyed professions in their execution this expansion, the quests and ranks means I have an edge over people not bothering with them. I make absolute bank from professions (tailoring, herbalism, alchemy, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing) at that, so people saying they're "pointless" are laughable.

Hopefully they'll not return professions to the boring state they were at before WoD, when everyone could just get the max benefit from a crafting profession by throwing gold at the AH.

At the start of Legion I got some Engineering quest to craft some shit. I checked the AH and the price for the materials would have been several tens of thousands gold. That's one fucking retarded game developer right there lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicForce View Post
    Its how we make our gold
    Professions doesn't generate a single piece of gold..

Gold is generated, primarily from quests and secondary from mob drops..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-10-20 at 09:45 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I don't think professions overall are in a bad place. I think that capping out a profession is anti-climactic. I also think that once you cap the prof. the UI itself becomes ugly. All the spells become gray on a gray background. I think they could use the same system/stats/progression/quests/etc.. if only they'd streamline the UI.
    Edit: Inscription, and Jewelcrafting could use help. I also think that Arch probably needs more rewarding progression. Adding something like Pet bandages and oddball craft-ables to first-aid could easily fix that one up a bit. Maybe even like the old shaman poison cleansing totem a buff that passively cleanses debuffs.
    Last edited by DonnieDice; 2017-10-20 at 10:24 PM.