Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Professions doesn't generate a single piece of gold..

Gold is generated, primarily from quests and secondary from mob drops..
    Well, i made about 500k gold just by gathering stuff with herbalism. So there ya go

Other than that, Flasks sells pretty well earlier in the expansion.

But for real, professions only make gold at the start of an expansion and sometimes on a new patch.

you can make some profit with professions, but if you want gold you will just have to play the AH game like everyone else thats rich
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    Well, i made about 500k gold just by gathering stuff with herbalism. So there ya go

Other than that, Flasks sells pretty well earlier in the expansion.

But for real, professions only make gold at the start of an expansion and sometimes on a new patch.

you can make some profit with professions, but if you want gold you will just have to play the AH game like everyone else thats rich
    Make a profit != make gold..
    You gathered herbs, true... But someone else gathered the gold from quests/mobs and you traded gold for herbs..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I'd be fine with the armor-crafting professions (except Tailoring, because they make bags), Engineering, First Aid (remove the profession, replace it with an ability for all classes that can only be used out of combat on a 30 second cooldown) and Archaeology went, but the rest are pretty useful. Alchemy and Cooking for raid buffs, Enchanting and Jewelcrafting for item enhancements, Herbalism and Fishing to gather mats for the raid buff professions, and Inscription for time-savers like Tome of Tranquil Mind and Enchanted Vellum.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Make a profit != make gold..
    You gathered herbs, true... But someone else gathered the gold from quests/mobs and you traded gold for herbs..
    Lol please. You know what he means. Just grasping for straws.

Erhm, I use LW, JC, tailor and BS + little engineer to make gold every day...Making 40k a day pure profit at least. So yea, dont think professions are useless.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Lol please. You know what he means. Just grasping for straws.
    I know he's grasping for straws.. Because I made it pretty clear the first time, how gold i made, yet he wrote what he did..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I am a bit rustled that Blizz removed all exclusivity from each profession. Everything that made spending the time and energy into a profession worthwhile was removed. Now everything and anything can be bought and sold on the auction house.