View Poll Results: What religion or lack would you date?

Voters
61. This poll is closed
  • Atheist

29 47.54%
  • Christian

14 22.95%
  • Jewish

5 8.20%
  • Muslim

1 1.64%
  • Buddhist

3 4.92%
  • Pegan

4 6.56%
  • Wiccan

5 8.20%
  • Doesn't matter

27 44.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My dating partner can be religious as long as it doesn't get annoying or in the way.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've dated across the range.

Fiancee 2.1 is a moderate Chinese Buddhist and burns incense to Guan Yin each morning; she'll eat seafood in moderation but generally avoids meat, and she makes sure to cook meat dishes for me even if she isn't going to have any. She is aware that I'm agnostic, but for important events she'll ask me to go to a temple with her -- I chalk it up as experiencing a different culture and go along.

Women who are more hard line about their religion tend to avoid dating me since I'm agnostic; the women who do date me are similar to 2.1 in being willing to split the difference.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

It depends on what level of religious.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I would find it really hard to date someone who belived in imaginary friends.

See what I mean about how hard it'd be to date certain kinds of atheists? Namely the angry internet angstheist strain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Is religion or lack of important in dating?

Which religion would you be willing to date?
    Rather no religion in dating at all, for the safest part of living.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

doubt i could be with anyone who's religious.. at some point it would most likely become an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never date anyone religious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Noone too extreme,or someon from dat religion we can't speak ill of
    Scientology ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why Satanism is not a option here?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Any religion as long as they are open minded and NOT fanatic .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I've dated across the range.

Fiancee 2.1 is a moderate Chinese Buddhist and burns incense to Guan Yin each morning; she'll eat seafood in moderation but generally avoids meat, and she makes sure to cook meat dishes for me even if she isn't going to have any. She is aware that I'm agnostic, but for important events she'll ask me to go to a temple with her -- I chalk it up as experiencing a different culture and go along.

Women who are more hard line about their religion tend to avoid dating me since I'm agnostic; the women who do date me are similar to 2.1 in being willing to split the difference.
    Hey Bungee, been some time
    I talked to a Chinese girl who was quite religious. Funny thing is she was Christian Protestant. I never met a Christian Chinese person, especially not one living in China.
    So I asked her what does she think Jesus looks like, as according to the Bible, he was white and also I don't recall any Asian (or other race) being mentioned in the Bible. She said that question is hard and she doesn't know

Back on topic,
    I prefer to date atheists as I'm an atheist myself. But I don't mind dating a lightly religious person. Not the one who pray before each meal, go to church, hang up pictures of Jesus in the room or say that Jesus comes first (the main beef I had with African girls, they are hot, but damn their religion goes on my nerves).
    Those 4 things are a huge turnoff in my book. But if she's lightly religious, as in believe in a higher power without practicing religion, I don't have a problem with that.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2017-09-08 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as long as the one party is not trying to push his/her bullshit on other, this also includes Atheism btw.

I know a married couple where the guy is religious and the girl is not and they do just fine, she does follow some several basic rules (which do not involve wearing burqas or shit like that, pretty much food type for him only) and he does not push his BS on her or the children.

I am atheist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Atheists, Pagans and non-obsessive Christians.

As a non-believer myself.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    All religions should be illegal, they are nothing more than archaic, irrelevant and often regressive ideologies that have no place in a progressive society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    All religions should be illegal, they are nothing more than archaic, irrelevant and often regressive ideologies that have no place in a progressive society.
    So progressive means authoritarian, yes?
    Sign me the fuck up for some religious rebellion against the authoritarian crap we fought against and almost nuked a country over.

On topic, I will date agnostics and christians as those are the people who share my societal values. Religion is a very personal thing and some people can and should be offended should their partner not partake in the ceremonies and rituals of a given religion.
    Atheism for most people is just agnosticism. Self-proclaimed atheists who wish to tear down religion doesn't get my respect, I think it's very egoistic and heartless.
    Last edited by mmocdd4fd472cb; 2017-09-08 at 08:52 AM. Reason: on-topic edit

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Why Satanism is not a option here?
    Fyi, Satanism isn't real. I mean, there's probably a few people out there that actually worship Satan, but mainstream Satanism is a political activist movement framed as a satire of Christianity. The idea is, if Christians put up a religious statue in a public place, the Satanists will petition the local government to take it down. If the local government refuses, the Satanists will put up a statue to Baphomet right next to it. This puts both the local government and the Christians in a tough spot. If the loca government takes the statue down, then the Satanists can claim that they're violating the separation of church and state by privileging one religion over another. If both statues stay up, well, the Christians will think twice before trying to force their religion on the public. That's the idea anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You should read, or listen to, Sam Harris's The End of Faith.

I bring this up, because you're committing one of the reasoning errors he addresses in his book. You are replacing one dogma for another. The problem is not religion, the problem is dogma and the refusal to be reasonable. You do not counter unreasonableness with more unreasonableness. Dogmatic anti-religiosity is just a religion without a god.

Deleted
    Regardless of this thread being about religion or not initially - the discussion at its core is very close to discussing religion, and some people have shown that they can't abstain from jumping the opportunity to bash religion.

Closing this.