Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We have the best melee dps class healing in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    Once every 2-4 minutes, or more often if you take Demonic or when you get Killing blows on enemies. When Meta is on CD and you don't have demonic/Eye BEam is on CD you have 0 self healing and will die soon after. I don't like being forced to take Demonic just to have even the slightest survivabilty in the world without having to use Meta.
    You don't have to, there's nothing in the world besides Argus Rares (which I'm sure we're not really meant to solo) that are even a threat to your health. Just use the soul fragments to heal yourself when you kill stuff, every single mob is 25% of your HP back, plus 40% per mob hit with Chaos Nova, use it effectively and you spawn loads of them. If you're dying in the world it's a player issue, not spec.

Might seem like a backwards way of thinking, but I often find myself pulling more mobs to kill and heal off of, especially smaller minions. They're basically an infinite health source. e.g. https://youtu.be/BIBDBVH3h_M - As shown in the video, that's not demonic or anything, just basic single target spec.

OT: No, I'd rather not. DH doesn't need any more self healing, we're more than fine, and if we need more we can spec Demonic and have a massive uptime on Meta with 100% Leech.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-09-12 at 06:03 PM.

Alright alright, sheesh, I don't need 3 more people telling me basically the exact same shit. Was merely trying to point out that DH only have the best self healing under certain circumstances and not all the time. I get annoyed enough as is when people who don't play the class try to act like we're some OP gods all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    Alright alright, sheesh, I don't need 3 more people telling me basically the exact same shit. Was merely trying to point out that DH only have the best self healing under certain circumstances and not all the time. I get annoyed enough as is when people who don't play the class try to act like we're some OP gods all the time.
    We're not OP gods you're right, though I don't think anyone has said that. However, you do vastly underestimated DH self healing, especially relative to other melee classes. If we can hit a target we're basically not going to die ever outside of one-shots in PvE. No other melee spec has the amount of sustained that Havoc does. Only thing close is the defensive capabilities of Rogue with Feint/CloS, but that doesn't help with world content like soloing rares, more raid soaks.

I'd give up anything for DH to not be trash tier in mythic raiding.

I suck at Havoc and since I'm bad, I can die against world bosses, while versus random stuff around, it's not terribly difficult even for me to stay alive. Mostly I play in Vengeance spec because when using that, mobs become basically just scenery, no matter how many or how strong they are, in open world they eventually fall dead (sooner or later).

I'm not sure I'd trade any skills from the DH book, I'd actually add a few, I'm jealous of my other characters sometimes, Havoc is really streamlined.
    Last edited by Kyranna; 2017-09-15 at 04:45 PM.

Yes Darkness is useful, but as our only real raid utility ability, it seems very underwhelming. Would like to see cooldown lowered to 2 minutes. Or give it a slight buff such as:

20% of the damage is avoided + standing in darkness increases your and your allies versatility by 200%. Which wouldn't be too strong, and make us feel better by giving it a slight slight dps increase.

I can't believe this thread - you have the demonic build, PLUS blur AND darkness. Most dps only have 1 defensive cooldown.

DH mows through mobs and always comes out with full health, more so than any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungamungus View Post
    20% of the damage is avoided + standing in darkness increases your and your allies versatility by 200%. Which wouldn't be too strong, and make us feel better by giving it a slight slight dps increase.
    Slight dps increase? 200% versa? Slight? Also that would mean you would just pop darkness at start with all your other cd's and be done with it.

Absolutely not. High mobility is one of the key linchpins of the DH class.

Besides, DH has some of the best self-healing in the game, if spec'd properly. There's 0 reason to take away from mobility to give a healing ability. If you've gotten yourself in over your head, use that mobility to GTFO instead of dying.

Considering i can "tank" up to a Mythic 6 as Demonic without a healer, i think our self healing is just fine. Quite frankly it's ridiculously overpowered, show me another DPS spec that can do that. Sorry Chaos Blades doesn't give the same survivability, but that would be really stupid. Demonic is actually fairly close in DPS to Chaos Blades (and should pretty much be the "go to" spec for anything outside of raiding). So by playing Demonic you sacrifice a very small amount of DPS for becoming practically invincible...pretty fair trade if you ask me if desire more self healing that badly.

The only time Chaos Blades has a potential problem with survivability is high HP rare mobs, but so will multiple DPS specs. If you're really struggling, just go Demonic or Vengeance.

TLDR our mobility fits our class fantasy, our utility is just fine (high damage reduction, raid damage mitigation, and an immunity), or survivability / self healing is overpowered if you can manage to break away from your cookie cutter Chaos Blade build.

People are either just never satisfied with what they have or they don't know how to fully utilize the class.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-09-21 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TranquilDream View Post
    Absolutely not. High mobility is one of the key linchpins of the DH class.

Besides, DH has some of the best self-healing in the game, if spec'd properly. There's 0 reason to take away from mobility to give a healing ability. If you've gotten yourself in over your head, use that mobility to GTFO instead of dying.

Hm but in pvp our selfheal vs other meleespecs sucks a lot because of the pvp nerf to leech and demoic apetite.
    Classes with more def and selfheal:
    Rogues all 3 specs
    WW
    Dks
    Fury Warrior
    Feral
    Rets
    Enhancer
    SV hunter

Only Arms warrior have the same heal probs but with the new Skils in the weapon they have a lucky heal.

Every class has more selfheal without a target or have a 90% instant full hp heal with a 1 or 2 min CD.
    Frost dk furys could heal with 1 GCD and a def cd from 10% to max hp.
    You cant heal with 1 chaosstrike after Eyebeam to max hp in pvp.
    Our souls are random and shit after the ultra nerf in beta. In beta they are op like hell with 1,6 m heal now they heal under 200k.

all other melees without warrior and dks can heal without hiting
    So wtf why is our heal some of the best self healing?
    Maybe in pve yes but in pve you dont need so much selfheal in raids selfheal isnt that important in worldquests and lvl phase selfheal is a nice thing but you can also do all worldquests and lvl without meta leech with no probs.
    In mythik+ dungeons yeah Eyebeam demonic is nice thats right.
    BUt this is pve its 50% of the game in pvp our selfheal sucks after the hard nerfs in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What do you guys think?
    Trading some of that moibility for more utility or a heal a good deal or not?
    why would you need a heal??? all you need to do is hit eyebeam and you can't die as long as you can land a melee hit

Deleted
    No, do not touch my fel rushes.

+1 on the D/C bug when rushing or even gliding sometimes .. ugh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    +1 on the D/C bug when rushing or even gliding sometimes .. ugh
    Or mobs despawn suddenly if you glide/felblade mid air through them.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Liondi View Post
    Hm but in pvp our selfheal vs other meleespecs sucks a lot because of the pvp nerf to leech and demoic apetite.
    Rogues all 3 specs
    WW
    Dks
    Fury Warrior
    Feral
    Rets
    Enhancer
    SV hunter

Only Arms warrior have the same heal probs but with the new Skils in the weapon they have a lucky heal.

Every class has more selfheal without a target or have a 90% instant full hp heal with a 1 or 2 min CD.
    Our souls are random and shit after the ultra nerf in beta. In beta they are op like hell with 1,6 m heal now they heal under 200k.

Maybe in pve yes but in pve you dont need so much selfheal in raids selfheal isnt that important in worldquests and lvl phase selfheal is a nice thing but you can also do all worldquests and lvl without meta leech with no probs.
    BUt this is pve its 50% of the game in pvp our selfheal sucks after the hard nerfs in beta.
    This is an issue of pvp template TUNING, not our skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Liondi View Post
    Rogues all 3 specs
    WW
    Dks
    Fury Warrior
    Feral
    Rets
    Enhancer
    SV hunter

This is an issue of pvp template tuning, has nothing to do with our skill set.

While we are under represented in arena, we are absolutely gods in rbg. 30% of top 100 rbg are demon hunters lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Or mobs despawn suddenly if you glide/felblade mid air through them.
    What? That never happened to me, the only time that happens is if i realm hop joining a group