Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    Legion is the best WoW has been.
    For a lot of people, it's the other way around.
    It's the worst its ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Ah. Wouldn't know about Mythic; I only do Heroic.
    Why are you commenting then

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

Not to anyone credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Not to anyone credible.
    They are not if they do not agree with you?
    You seem like a sensible person.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly find them to be fine on their own, I get the fact that some mechanics repeat in different shapes like soaking arrows from mistress and beams from KJ etc. But the encounters still got enough going for them outside of these to make them enjoyable. Not the most memorable or unique raid to be sure, but good enough for me to enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm preeeetty sure neither Goroth nor Engine have soak mechanics either.
    Desolate host alternates between "run away" and "gather for soak" mechanics on HC, pretty sure he also does this on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flazian View Post
    Sisters is probably right after maiden in terms of uniqueness with the changing, Mistress summons in a whale, squid, and a kraken thingy as well as other aquatic creatures. While hydra shot is pretty meh, all her other mechanics are quite good.
    The changing floor mechanic is really cool on paper, but in the end is just a gimmick that doesn't matter at all. In norm/hc you just ignore it and in mythic it forces people to stand in small groups and not move (granted, this seems to be pretty difficult for some melee guys). Hydra shot I actually like, much more than the whale bit, which is probably the most trivial and boring version of "dodge the dragon fly-by" mechanic yet, since it doesn't require anyone to actually pay attention to the dragon and only thing it does is kill (or damage) the people who fail it.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The spear is on heroic also.
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Desolate host alternates between "run away" and "gather for soak" mechanics on HC, pretty sure he also does this on normal.
    The spear isn't a soak on Heroic. It's not nearly enough to kill a lone player.

That said, 99% of fights can be summed up with "don't stand in fire, do stack for soaks". When you boil an encounter down to its absolute simplest explanation, of course it's going to sound simple. That's what simplifying a thing does.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Why are you commenting then
    Because the thread's about encounter design. Not Mythic-only mechanics. There's more to a fight than a single mechanic - really would've thought a pro Mythic raider like you would know that.

Get off your terribly misguided high horse.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2017-09-13 at 03:24 PM.

They are not if they do not agree with you?
    You seem like a sensible person.
    Not trying to mudsling like that guy but I'm not sure how anyone could argue WoD was better than Legion. Legion beats WoD on PvE content, PvP balance, 5 man content, solo content, and ability to be replayed. The worst part of Legion were legendaries and the fact that some people felt expected to grind up 54 traits for M NH, which definitely sucked but I'd take them compared to WoD, when I'd just clear mythic in 1 night a week and sit in my garrison the rest of the time wishing there was stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    More casual these days and dont do many Mythics. But Ulduar is still my favorite raid and Firefighter and Alone in the Darkness are still my favorite fights. In a way I am glad Blizzard hasn't done an old God fight since Yogg. The sheer epicness of the fight was insane.

I havent done Mythic KJ, but the original fight from Sunwell was pretty insane.

@Op's concern, I think one of the things that's making the encounters less memorable these days is the number of difficulties the fights are presented in. Having more options to match the skillset of various playerbase is always good, but sometimes it kills the immersion. Imagine if there was an LFR version of Muru......

Remember, it is always the wipes that make a fight more memorable than a kill. You will always remember the fight that you wiped 300 times over a fight where you wiped like 20 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make a point about the occasional stupidity of forums: Every expansion has been loudly declared the worst the game has ever seen. It never fails. No, Legion isn't any different in this respect.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Demonic Inquisition is managing a meter that requires you to jump in and out of a prison to collect orbs, while swapping between bosses.

Desolate Host on Heroic adds the Bonecage Armor and Shattering Scream while two different groups handle two different situations.

Granted 3/9 fights is still low, especially when you consider half of the Maiden fight is Soak/Spread for Light/Fel Hammers. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Just to make a point about the occasional stupidity of forums: Every expansion has been loudly declared the worst the game has ever seen. It never fails. No, Legion isn't any different in this respect.
    Evey expansion has not killed of such a large part of the raiding community though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion has not killed of such a large part of the raiding community though.
    Oh, I thought it was the introduction of 20-man mythic that killed off the raiding community. Face it, there's ALWAYS something.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Oh, I thought it was the introduction of 20-man mythic that killed off the raiding community. Face it, there's ALWAYS something.
    I'm sure there is but for me and the people I play with, it's way worse now than in any other expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Evey expansion has not killed of such a large part of the raiding community though.
    Yes they have.

Four Horsemen killed tons of guilds who couldn't get enough Warrior tanks in Vanilla.
    M'uru killed tons of guilds in TBC.
    Algalon killed many guilds in WotLK.
    Dragon Soul really, really, REALLY irked the raiding community.
    SoO caused tons of raiding burnout due to length of raid and length of time it was out.
    HFC had the same problem as SoO but more importantly the content drought in WoD killed many other raiding guilds.
    Now we have repeated mechanics, Netherlight Crucible, Titanforging, and legendary/AP grinding killing off all but the most hard core of raiders.

Each expansion has done something to kill guilds or certain populations of the raiding sphere.
    BfA Beta Time

MoP wasn't declared that, some people hated it for various reasons but it wasn't bad for raiding. WoD was bad for many other reasons but it wasn't bad for raiding, in fact the raiding was all around pretty good. Both of them had a content drought but that's not really to say the expansion content itself was making people quit. Hell, you had plenty of time to level alts and gear them up through the last raid because you actually had that option since your main wasn't going to get any stronger. Legion is by far the worst expansion in the past 5 years for raiding, and this is the first time I've actually seen an exodus of people mid-expansion or heard proclamations that if Blizzard continues this retarded grindy bullshit (WQs, legendaries, TF, etc) in the next expansion that they're 100% quitting. Hell, most guilds aren't even trying to rekill KJ because fucking why?

It's a pretty garbage expansion, M+ does little to curb that because to dominate M+ you must get mythic raid gear (primarily trinkets + tier sets) and avoidance because it's poorly designed, and very little else added to the game has made it interesting to play otherwise. WQs haven't really added any value, legendaries didn't, LFR is still a steaming garbage pile because Blizzard is too stupid to realize that the other content they rarely release is ten times more popular than LFR among people who LFR is actually intended for, and what else is there to do in this game outside of those? Collect mounts? Run old raids for mog? Pet battles? Achievements (which just amounts to repeating content with some slight variation in most cases)?

It's like D3. Sure, once you get full ancient gear and you need perfect rolls to push another 2 grifts higher, you could farm out all the affixes for your cube, complete all the achievements, collect all the appearances, etc, but there's a reason that game dies after 2 weeks every season. Legion is a shitty infusion of D3 into WoW and it doesn't just show, it reeks.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-09-13 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    More casual these days and dont do many Mythics. But Ulduar is still my favorite raid and Firefighter and Alone in the Darkness are still my favorite fights. In a way I am glad Blizzard hasn't done an old God fight since Yogg. The sheer epicness of the fight was insane.

I havent done Mythic KJ, but the original fight from Sunwell was pretty insane.

@Op's concern, I think one of the things that's making the encounters less memorable these days is the number of difficulties the fights are presented in. Having more options to match the skillset of various playerbase is always good, but sometimes it kills the immersion. Imagine if there was an LFR version of Muru......

Remember, it is always the wipes that make a fight more memorable than a kill. You will always remember the fight that you wiped 300 times over a fight where you wiped like 20 times.
    Iskar and sochretar from hfc bosses i dint wipe alot on but still renember them clearly