Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random Battlegrounds class

Hey everyone, coming back after a few months break. I was wondering what's the current status of PvP. I'm not sure which class to play with the current state of the game. I only have 2 110s, Rogue and Warrior. Honestly, I just want to casual BG every now and then, warrior was my main during Vanilla and been rogue ever since TBC. I'm thinking of leveling my feral at some point, those are the 3 classes I enjoy the most.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacness View Post
    Hey everyone, coming back after a few months break. I was wondering what's the current status of PvP. I'm not sure which class to play with the current state of the game. I only have 2 110s, Rogue and Warrior. Honestly, I just want to casual BG every now and then, warrior was my main during Vanilla and been rogue ever since TBC. I'm thinking of leveling my feral at some point, those are the 3 classes I enjoy the most.

Thanks!
    I fight more warriors than rogues in random battlegrounds these days it seems. Both are a force to be reckoned with if played well. I will say, a well played rogue is one of the more impressive things to see in game. I went against a sub in 2s last week and this guy was just terrorizing us both. Bouncing all over the map controlling us both, while ripping one of us to shreds.

Rogues also used to be my fav melee for sneaking around enemy cities and harassing lowbies This doesn't work anymore though with infinite guards

I'm really enjoying rogue. So much control and dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlin View Post
    I'm really enjoying rogue. So much control and dmg.
    Yeah..except not in random BG's
    Im 921 sin rogue and yeah while I do pretty decent damage, ive found my survivability compared to warrs, DKs, DHs, aff locks specifically to be absolute garbage.

You will get targeted right away when you open on someone in a random BG and destroyed, you have to pick your targets carefully.

But seriously I remember hearing locks complaining about affliction lock surv, meanwhile in BG's today I open on a aff lock and his shield eats nearly all my opener and then I just end up slowly dying while he spams drain soul and his hp stays normally >60-70%

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hc7 View Post
    Yeah..except not in random BG's
    Im 921 sin rogue and yeah while I do pretty decent damage, ive found my survivability compared to warrs, DKs, DHs, aff locks specifically to be absolute garbage.

You will get targeted right away when you open on someone in a random BG and destroyed, you have to pick your targets carefully.

But seriously I remember hearing locks complaining about affliction lock surv, meanwhile in BG's today I open on a aff lock and his shield eats nearly all my opener and then I just end up slowly dying while he spams drain soul and his hp stays normally >60-70%
    yet a sub rogue destroys my ele shaman because stun stun stun stun stun stun interrupt cloak stun stun stun, there's a DR? yeh if you say so then why can't i do that while stunned?

and as elemental i kill affliction locks 1v1 95% of the time, so it's a rock paper scissors kind of thing.

Thanks!
    Melee: Retr / DK
    Caster: Affliction (with the added bonus of being a WQ boss, you solo anything with so much ease) / Ele (yes ele .. get really good at positioning though)

Edit: Frost Mage ... if you want OP
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-09-11 at 02:20 AM.

I'd say warrior, warlock and rogue, as those are the classes that mop the floor with my hunter without breaking a sweat. Mages and shamans are also incredibly powerful, but only if played right (I can fight some, but the good ones are immensely annoying to fight).

Im currently cycling through my rogue, aff'lock and frost mage. If you also want to do stuff on Argus rogue is the way to go and in PVP it's nice that you can pick your fights. Playing Sin as I'm more used to it than sub. Both specs do quite well in BG's. My warlock just facetanks everything which is also cool if you don't want to care about anything. Also resurrected my first WoW toon ever (mage) and powerleveld him from 100-110 from friday to saturday. Got a bit lucky while rushing through things and he's got ilvl 890 on sunday evening. I have to say I realy liked him in the few BG's I did and will keep him active for a while I guess.

In fact catching up has become so easy I'd say play both if you can't decide.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed MM hunter in randoms, you just need to make sure that there's always someone friendly between you and them.

Deleted
    Boomkin is a lot of fun in random BG's!

Just stay in the back, pick up that berserker buff and hit people with 2 million kamehameha beams.

Deleted
    Great news for op: both Rogue and Warrior are perfectly viable for random BGs Feral is also pretty strong these days. Also you can't go wrong with DH, WW Monk (MW is not bad either) and Affliction.

Deleted
    I can compare them both to every class in game(and ive done BGs with every class in Legion). This is not biased, as I don't play Rogue anymore(unfortunately), more like a review:

1)Rogues can solo kill a healer. You can't do that with any other class. Granted, there are good/bad healers, just as a good/bad Rogue(but you got the highest stakes for solo kill a healer as a Rogue):

2)Rogue takes more skill to play well and takes time to understand the dynamics(which is a good thing, as you have good and bad rogue players, which dicates your potential significantly). You must know when to attack out from stealth, know every single ability and how to overlap and never tunnel vision.

3)You can and WILL turn the game for your team. Nothing else is more satisfying. You know that you stunned the healers in group fights and destroyed the whole infrastructure of your enemy, because you didnt give them a chance to get a cast off. You will find yourself in these situations a lot and its very entertaining.

Rogues in Legion are a big success in general. You really feel the fantasy of the "uncrowned kings"(also in BGs).

TLDR: Stay as Rogue forever.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-09-11 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I can compare them both to every class in game(and ive done BGs with every class in Legion). This is not biased, as I don't play Rogue anymore(unfortunately), more like a review:

1)Rogues can solo kill a healer. You can't do that with any other class. Granted, there are good/bad healers, just as a good/bad Rogue(but you got the highest stakes for solo kill a healer as a Rogue):

2)Rogue takes more skill to play well and takes time to understand the dynamics(which is a good thing, as you have good and bad rogue players, which dicates your potential significantly). You must know when to attack out from stealth, know every single ability and how to overlap and never tunnel vision.

3)You can and WILL turn the game for your team. Nothing else is more satisfying. You know that you stunned the healers in group fights and destroyed the whole infrastructure of your enemy, because you didnt give them a chance to get a cast off. You will find yourself in these situations a lot and its very entertaining.

Rogues in Legion are a big success in general. You really feel the fantasy of the "uncrowned kings"(also in BGs).

TLDR: Stay as Rogue forever.
    On my WW i've solo killed my fair share of healers within my stun lock chain .. even if he manages to make it, between interrupt, stun and AE race silence he gonna die shortly after the stun ..

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    powerleveld him from 100-110 from friday to saturday
    How?!?!! Please share!

Quick note .. anything really if played well other than Feral .. While I have not touched Feral this xpac, it is the easiest build for me to negate/control/kill in BG.

Rogue if you have some patience and like doing small scale side objectives
    Warrior if you like doing the big damage and being aggressive in team fights
    (With exceptions to both)

How?!?!! Please share!
    Heirlooms = + 50% EP
    2 Invasions = ~ 3 Level
    EP Missions
    Power Questing
    Worldquest Group Finder addon

To make it that fast you'll need flying unlocked though.

Blood DK.

You can basically spin a flag point for minutes ALONE vs. 6 opponents.