View Poll Results: Should the homeless be evacuated from the storm against their will?

Voters
146. This poll is closed
  • Yes

115 78.77%
  • Np

31 21.23%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah, just let them die. That is clearly the moral choice.
    I don't think anyone wants anyone to die. That is just ridiculous to say.

Removing the freedom of people without them being seriously mentally ill or being a threat to others is not moral at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I don't think anyone wants anyone to die. That is just ridiculous to say.

Removing the freedom of people without them being seriously mentally ill or being a threat to others is not moral at all.
    Yeah leave them in the hurricane then. They'll survive it.

Of course it's right, like, wtf? Homeless people in the US tend to have drug, alcohol and mental issues, as well as the fact that they don't have funds to move themselves.

The authorities could just say "meh, let them die, maybe it'll clean up our streets..." but they don't, which is the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    your son is obliged to visit a school. but even the location and sort of school is questionable.
    "mental issues yes/no" is a sharp edge. they are not silly just because they want to be left alone, sorry.
    You don't leave people who might be incapable of making rational decisions out in the elements to possibly die. This is no different than forced evacuations. No one is limiting his freedom, they are trying to minimize his risk of dying.

If the medical workers didn't care about them, as people claim, wouldn't they just leave them out in the hurricane to die? The argument doesn't add up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

You do understand you talking about human beings, correct?

Again, Removing the freedom of people without them being seriously mentally ill or being a threat to others is not moral at all.

It's not a matter of "leaving" anyone. It's a matter of people being able to make their own decisions. Unless you are saying people don't have the right to freedom anymore?

There is a major difference between offering help and FORCING someone to do something.

Does anyone actually give a shit or is it just something to argue about?

Not all evacuations are voluntary. Seeing as the homeless have no place to go during the storm and pose a higher threat after the storm, they should be moved.
    Also as a wise English teacher said a long long time ago. You don't evacuate people, you evacuate places.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry but I have to vote yes. This isn't about human choice but the safety and wellbeing of people.

No one wants dead people on the streets because they didn't wish to heed the warnings, that is why you have people to care for people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The amount of bums that die here from cold snaps each year is pretty high. Hurricanes are probably a little easier to deal with since they can just wade through the water and take refuge in the upper stories of the nicer abandoned houses if they are crafty enough.

Let the hobos at least try to battle royal that shit out.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope they will die. horrifying prospect to you ? i guess it is, but their choice, not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post

Feels very 1984 to me.
    Look at it from this perspective we give a danm about these people and we don't want lost lives. The worst thing that can happen is people dead because they ignored protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am sorry but I have to vote yes. This isn't about human choice but the safety and wellbeing of people.

No one wants dead people on the streets because they didn't wish to heed the warnings, that is why you have people to care for people.
    I completely agree, no one wants anyone to die. And helping every person that wants it or is truly incapable of making a decision for themselves is the right thing to do. However, taking away peoples freedom on the grounds that you don't want them to be in danger is not freedom, it is tyranny justified by a sense of "morality".

naah, that's not the issue. you offered help, that's very nice and social of you. but it is their choice to deny it.
    Mandatory evacuations can be issued. I just checked and a couple were issued in Florida.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You do understand you talking about human beings, correct?
    Oh. Ok. I thought we were talking about cats. Now humans will survive a hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Took me a while to realise what you did there.

Deleted
    Nope they will die. horrifying prospect to you ? i guess it is, but their choice, not yours.
    You obviously don't care.

Oh. Ok. I thought we were talking about cats. Now humans will survive a hurricane.
    You might actually want to read and comprehend peoples full comment instead of cherry picking a sentence and pretending that you are actually intellectually debating anything.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Mandatory evacuations can be issued. I just checked and a couple were issued in Florida.
    ofc we know they issued mandatory evacuations. question is should they be mandatory ?

7+ Year Old Account
    question is should they be mandatory ?
    do you like seeing soaked corpses on the streets?

no?
    then yes.

Formerly known as Arafal

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    You obviously don't care.
    yep i do not care about people who deny my help. so what ?