Does Prot Warrior progress well?

Hi guild needs a new tank, we're 4/9.
    I feel like if I want to tank it will be Warrior, mostly because its fun.
    However my best geared character is a Druid and hes decent gear as tank too.

I know Druids are top tier atm, they are also much easier to perform well with.
    Would it hurt my group if I choose Warrior over Guardian?

depends on the content if its below HC any tank works from what ive heard from ppl like Method Sco i heard him say that prot warr is kind of nice for the last couple of bosses but they are in the middle tier atm if im not incorrect

Deleted
    I'd say play whats better for the last few bosses, altough I do not have experience there tanking on mythic, I think it's the better option.
    If you're raiding on an heroic level, go for warrior. KJ is very smooth due to movement abilities and the ability to soak every big meteor prior to P2.

Deleted
    A good prot warrior takes the least amount of damage of all the tanks (at least in Tomb)

Sco was completly off in his tomb tank rating video
    I would say there are 3 tiers of tanks right now:
    1. Druid, Monk, DK, Warrior - you can do any mythic boss on these without having much problems (except maybe KJ, but I didn't got there yet) lots of CDs, and can keep active mitigation (with correct talents for warrior) 100% or near 100%
    2. DH - huge downside having wery few defensive CDs and can't keep up active mitigation 100%
    3. Paladin - Low HP, Low dps and can't keep up AM 100% (Even white hits from bosses can drop you from 100% to 10%)

I'm pretty confident on my warrior right now, I'm almost allways taking half of the damage our bear does and do healing comparable to our healers

If you pick warrior and they say "lol reroll bear, warriors suck" they clearly haven't seen what a good prot warr can do

Prot does very well against physical damage. Most of the hard bosses in Tomb, tank-wise, truck tanks with physical damage. So prot is in fact pretty good in there.

Mythic KJ is a bit of an exception because bears are extremely strong there, thanks to Stampeding Roar. But apart from that, Prot is absolutely viable for progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    A good prot warrior takes the least amount of damage of all the tanks (at least in Tomb)

Sco was completly off in his tomb tank rating video
    I would say there are 3 tiers of tanks right now:
    1. Druid, Monk, DK, Warrior - you can do any mythic boss on these without having much problems (except maybe KJ, but I didn't got there yet) lots of CDs, and can keep active mitigation (with correct talents for warrior) 100% or near 100%
    2. DH - huge downside having wery few defensive CDs and can't keep up active mitigation 100%
    3. Paladin - Low HP, Low dps and can't keep up AM 100% (Even white hits from bosses can drop you from 100% to 10%)

I'm pretty confident on my warrior right now, I'm almost allways taking half of the damage our bear does and do healing comparable to our healers

If you pick warrior and they say "lol reroll bear, warriors suck" they clearly haven't seen what a good prot warr can do
    Prot Paladins are significantly underrated this tier, they should always be paired with something like a bear or monk but they have crazy utility. The amount of spot healing and mechanic cheesing they bring to the raid is crazy. I tanked 8/9M on my pally for progression and only using my DK on KJ cause it can be a goblin and grips for adds. Their damage is fine on most fights if you're confident in playing seraphim and most fights it isnt hard to pull off. The only fight I can't stand is avatar... AS doesn't bounce from maiden to avatar or vice versa so you do like 0 cleave damage.

As for bears vs warriors it mostly an issue of hp recovery and active mit uptimes. Shield block has holes in its uptimes just like pallies and dhs. While IP is nice the warrior lacks self recovery of hp that bears have meaning healers are more pressured to to active on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Prot Paladins are significantly underrated this tier, they should always be paired with something like a bear or monk but they have crazy utility. The amount of spot healing and mechanic cheesing they bring to the raid is crazy. I tanked 8/9M on my pally for progression and only using my DK on KJ cause it can be a goblin and grips for adds. Their damage is fine on most fights if you're confident in playing seraphim and most fights it isnt hard to pull off. The only fight I can't stand is avatar... AS doesn't bounce from maiden to avatar or vice versa so you do like 0 cleave damage.

As for bears vs warriors it mostly an issue of hp recovery and active mit uptimes. Shield block has holes in its uptimes just like pallies and dks. While IP is nice the warrior lacks self recovery of hp that bears have meaning healers are more pressured to to active on them.
    Which is most likely a good thing, means your DPS can use the Maiden's HP to increase boss damage, rather than tanks unnecessarily chipping away at it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    As for bears vs warriors it mostly an issue of hp recovery and active mit uptimes. Shield block has holes in its uptimes just like pallies and dhs. While IP is nice the warrior lacks self recovery of hp that bears have meaning healers are more pressured to to active on them.
    Yes, paladins have really goot utility, that's what keeps them more viable, but ToS is really punishing on AM uptime

With 30% haste and Heavy reppercussion, you have nearly 100% uptime on shield block when you need.

Ignore pain is doing approximatly 500k healing (on mistress)