Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Outlaw Mage Tower guide as Slice and Dice

Hey everyone! I tried to finish my challenge appearances on my rogue now that 7.3 is out and I tried Agatha as an outlaw rogue. As many know this fight is really insane because of Roll the bones rng. I could barely keep up with the damage as roll the bones because I'm never lucky rubber ducky as I'm sure many of you are too :P. So the only times I even got close to 5-10 mill which i did several time was with slice and dice and it's consistency. So I thought I would help you guys out so you can complete all your challenges!

My ilvl: was 921 with outlaw, I used Will of Valera pants and Insignia of Ravenholt. During the rest phases with no adds you can heal up using the pants and the Insignia does a lot of damage. Other legendaries may be better but I never play outlaw so I have none.

The consumables:
    Crit food (vers might be better but I just had it so I used it.) Flask of the seventh demon. Two potion of prolonged power and drums.

Build:
    Swordmaster, Acrobatic Strikes, Deeper Stratagem, Elusiveness, Dirty Tricks, Alacrity, and Slice and Dice.

Fight Cooldowns:
    Save cds for the adds always or you will never make it. It's important to rotate all your cds including drums and prolonger power. Only use them with the umbra imps and other imps come up not during her cast or the imp masters. This is the key to sustaining the fight and get swarmed. The other tip is to make sure to pool combo points whenever she is about to do a cast. So when adrenaline rush is down and dreadblades use hero and potion etc. Without this you will just not have the damage unless super geared.

Add importance:
    So some people say imp masters first but I say fuming imps. If you kill every fuming imp you will have an extremely easy time. If you don't like some other people do then the patches will really hurt when you're moving or trying to kill adds standing in them. They only explode when they get close so u can keep distance till your ready to kill em also use gouge and stun on em. Then I would kill the imp masters only if shes not casting her spell do damage to that first. For the imp masters you can gouge one and stun the other don't chase them when they first come out let them come to the boss so you get more dps time on the boss. Then Umbra imps which make her immune and lastly smoldering imps which do a lot of damage to you.

If you truly master the fight you will eventually get it. I spent maybe 5-6 hours on this over two days. I got her to 6-10 mil many times but just fell behind and failed so I decided to do every mechanic correctly and had a much easier time. Good luck!

I would suggest using falcosaur omelette over crit foot for the speed buff when you kill the imps, and use lightblood elixer which increases damage against demons and sylvan elixer which increases your main stat

Good tips but it's as the name says impossible.
    I waited to get at least 910 to even start on this shit.
    Now i'm 921 and around 160 pulls on this fucker and it's hopeless.
    I've been playing SnD from the start of expac and all the tries, 12 year combat rogue main, so can't get any better than that at this point.
    Been using Insignia and Sephuz cause it's the only useful legendaries I have after a year of Legion, third option being the Thraxxi boots, which are shit here.
    Trying to farm Will or Prydaz still, but haven't seen a leggo in like 5 months.
    Using Converge and Specter as trinkets.
    Concordance 7.
    Spec is the same except Iron Stomach, not Elusiveness since no Will.
    Rotating CDs on adds only, shield is fairly easy to get down without.
    Prioritizing Fuming -> Servants -> Umbral -> Smoldering.
    With kiting every Fuming to either side of the path to minimally avoid the patches, then Bladeing down the rest with whatever cd is up.
    Healing on pretty much cd cause the damage is still so high i'm constantly at 10% hp and feinting as much of the Agatha's fury damage as possible.
    CCing the Umbrals with blind, gouge or stun, until they can be killed. dealing with the shield first each time.
    On latest tries doing constant 1mil to 1,05mil dps throughout a try.

But 61% is the best i've gotten.
    And die to the very same reason every time, Firebolts from smoldering imps, that's all that's in the logs, might be one Fury hit here and there, but the thing leading to death is always the Firebolts. With each hitting around 180k at the time of death from the log.

So yeah I don't know anymore.. This shit is so stupid.
    Last week i've been tempted to quit the whole game, cause this shit is beginning to burnout quickly and it's looking like this ain't happening cause gear cap for non raiding Antorus is about 925-930 at best, 921 ain't too far from it, unless the crucible unlock does some magical things to survivability and healing in this fight or Prydaz drops from the neck token sometime in the near future.
    This bloody skin is pretty much the main reason i'm even playing Legion, so i guess it's a year well wasted working on constant gearing shit that leads to nowhere.

I wish instead of Agatha we could fight the dev team who came up with this. Would play 10/10. over and over again.

Ps. Looking for that free full 960+ carry from Blizzard, responsible for every headache since 2004.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-09-13 at 11:57 PM.

I beat it on my 3rd try with cloak + cindaria. It's really easy

- - - Updated - - -

was using rtb, iron stomach and mark for death (MfD makes this fight completely trivial)

- - - Updated - - -

I only attacked agatha unless there were those pesky shield guy. The healer i didn't really bother ccing them ( a stun here and there) but just try to kill them down.

The shield is not as important to break asap... just use cloak + the potion to heal through it.

used 1300 agi flask, haste food and prolonged power.

- - - Updated - - -

but yeah just basically keep blade flurry up and make good use of MfD and spam those run through

- - - Updated - - -

the +25% leech buff is godlike if you end up being in a predicament + the golden trait

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    3 tries seems like a lie unless you already know the fight, massively outgear it or rolled really well. I did it with 900 ilvl right aftet getting Loaded Dice but it definitely was hard and required luck with rolls and imp placement to not get behind in damage and overwhelmed. But I feel like offence was the best defence for me. Just focus on killing everything as fast as possible and the damage you take never gets that high. I had Greenskins and Cinidaria as legendaries at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
    3 tries seems like a lie unless you already know the fight, massively outgear it or rolled really well. I did it with 900 ilvl right aftet getting Loaded Dice but it definitely was hard and required luck with rolls and imp placement to not get behind in damage and overwhelmed. But I feel like offence was the best defence for me. Just focus on killing everything as fast as possible and the damage you take never gets that high. I had Greenskins and Cinidaria as legendaries at that time.
    pls keep in mind that i did it yday so with the NLC ilvl buff + 2 row 2 traits.

My rogue is one week old (or a little more).

I was at 924 ilvl, no set bonus.

It is really easy now.

For the anecdote : I had never done the quest to unlock agatha on this char (because 7.3 unlocks the 7.2 traits automatically now) and you need to do the questline to do the challenge. BUT, by doing so... it had reseted all of my traits above the first rank of concordance AND my 2 row 2 traits from NLC. I didn't notice it after 2 tries... but on my first attempt (going blind, only knew about the fight from what a feral guildie of mine told me) and got her at 13%.

Maybe i got lucky with procs, maybe I did not.

All I know is : keep yourself topped off everytime and don't hesitate to fish for the +25% leech buff when you know a lot of adds will spawn so that you can basically be invicible with spamming run through thanks to Mark for Death.

The only reason I died was because I got hit my a boulder or got bumped into the lava by the pesky exploding add.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    It is believeable to down her in few trys with todays ilvl.

I killed her with 900 ilvl and shit legendaries after many many tries, but my dps was around 600-700 then.

@Redecle:

First off, you gimp yourself hard when playing as SnD, that should be a given, but still doable with today's gear. Here are some tips:

Prioritizing Fuming -> Servants -> Umbral -> Smoldering.
    This is a shit priority, especially if you have already registered you are dying to Smolderings imps. I did it like this:

Umbral (can you attack other imps while these are active? If yes these come third) -> Smoldering -> Servants -> Fuming

I didn't actually attack the fuming imps to save dps for boss. You just need to pay attention when they are comming and stack them all to one point. The area damage does not stack and start to tick only after staying a while in it, so it is super easy to do.
    And as you have seen in your logs already, if Smolderings Imps die fast, you stay healthy. This is the main damage of the fight. You can use her shield to heal up with mantle (bonus points if some imps are attacking you). If you then manage to dodge the boulders you can win the fight.

Deleted
    Hey! Longtime lurker first post

These are some things that I think made the fight easier for me:
    !MfD!
    Dont mind the fuming imps at all, make sure to let them explode all in one place. I placed them just under her in the first phase and to the sides in the last phase, kite them and then when they are where you want them just run up to them to trigger and exit.

Focus on bursting down the big add packs and kill the healers whenever you feel on top of the situation.

Did the challenge in may I think with 905-910 gear, leggos were cinidaria and insigna (belt was nice for survivability with all the new adds spawning).

Best of luck to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Kijubei View Post

First off, you gimp yourself hard when playing as SnD, that should be a given, but still doable with today's gear. Here are some tips:

This is a shit priority, especially if you have already registered you are dying to Smolderings imps. I did it like this:

Umbral (can you attack other imps while these are active? If yes these come third) -> Smoldering -> Servants -> Fuming
    SnD has been lately said to be better for the challenge, by many whom recently done it. Cause it's more steady source of dps.
    One of the biggest names admitting that was Preach, that he was able to do it after switching to SnD.

I don't know the exact numbers though for the difference, at 910 with SnD dps was varying around 600-700k and 921 it's the constant 1mil.
    No idea what RtB gives.

I'm sure it's a gimping in a progressive raid environment with outlaw being one of the shittiest dps already, but i'm not playing in that environment.
    SnD works just fine anywhere else in the game, never had any problems and always top tier dps.
    The bonus with RtB would be the leech since healing is the only problem, which is still rng to even have up, if people have done it in 900 gear, they are hardly pushing 1 mil at that range dps is not the problem, that's the only benefit to be gotten purely out of it. Most of the boss damage is Blade Flurry anyway, shield being the only time you're actually on the boss.
    RtB and SnD are close to the same line with the buffs SnD got, having access to MfD that's the difference that makes RtB better. Which is as good here as it is in the brawlers guild cause adds, I just don't know if it's worth to gimp rest of the gameplay with having to learn RtB, just to have MfD. Although that was the only key to beat brawlers, guess one just has to suck it up and half ass rtb for 3 tries get it done. And then keep asking to get it removed from the game.

As for the priority, guess there's room to wiggle it.
    i'm killing the fuming ones first because they spawn directly under the boss each time. Letting them live and focusing on smoldering ones spawning almost in the same pile is a guaranteed way to get them to blow up, I have tried that, Blade Flurry the entire group there with CDs and after 2 sets of imps there's a giant pool of shit directly under the boss, they die fast, but not fast enough to not blow them up. Kiting them away means you have to kill them alone since the smoldering ones barely move and with even Acrobatic Strikes BF won't reach them. Umbrals only make the boss immune so you can kill as many imps as you want before killing them, that's the part i probably should prioritize lower, although they are practically oneshot with 5cp Between the Eyes, problem there is the 2nd set of umbrals and the fact that Blind cd doesn't recover for them when used on the first set. But then it's a game of luck if you got a burst cd left to kill the shield before the imps reach the boss, if you leave them up and running.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-09-14 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    SnD has been lately said to be better for the challenge, by many whom recently done it. Cause it's more steady source of dps.
    One of the biggest names admitting that was Preach, that he was able to do it after switching to SnD.

I don't know the exact numbers though for the difference, at 910 with SnD dps was varying around 600-700k and 921 it's the constant 1mil.
    No idea what RtB gives.

I'm sure it's a gimping in a progressive raid environment with outlaw being one of the shittiest dps already, but i'm not playing in that environment.
    SnD works just fine anywhere else in the game, never had any problems and always top tier dps.
    The bonus with RtB would be the leech since healing is the only problem, which is still rng to even have up, if people have done it in 900 gear, they are hardly pushing 1 mil at that range dps is not the problem, that's the only benefit to be gotten purely out of it. Most of the boss damage is Blade Flurry anyway, shield being the only time you're actually on the boss.
    RtB and SnD are close to the same line with the buffs SnD got, having access to MfD that's the difference that makes RtB better. Which is as good here as it is in the brawlers guild cause adds, I just don't know if it's worth to gimp rest of the gameplay with having to learn RtB, just to have MfD. Although that was the only key to beat brawlers, guess one just has to suck it up and half ass rtb for 3 tries get it done. And then keep asking to get it removed from the game.
    Look, I was not looking to make a big argument out of what is stronger atm SnD or MfD/RtB. They are both pretty equal in performance all in all. The big selling point for this challenge to not take SnD is not so much RtB but MfD. With current gear, I am certain you can just rape all those imps with 1-2 finishers and MfD gives you a free finisher for each add. That is insane powerful. So whoever says SnD>MfD in the challenge, even if it was some rogue from Method, let alone some 10-minute youtuber, is not in his right mind.

But, as I said, it is possible with todays gear even with SnD.

As for the priority, guess there's room to wiggle it.
    i'm killing the fuming ones first because they spawn directly under the boss each time. Letting them live and focusing on smoldering ones spawning almost in the same pile is a guaranteed way to get them to blow up, I have tried that, Blade Flurry the entire group there with CDs and after 2 sets of imps there's a giant pool of shit directly under the boss, they die fast, but not fast enough to not blow them up. Kiting them away means you have to kill them alone since the smoldering ones barely move and with even Acrobatic Strikes BF won't reach them. Umbrals only make the boss immune so you can kill as many imps as you want before killing them, that's the part i probably should prioritize lower, although they are practically oneshot with 5cp Between the Eyes, problem there is the 2nd set of umbrals and the fact that Blind cd doesn't recover for them when used on the first set. But then it's a game of luck if you got a burst cd left to kill the shield before the imps reach the boss, if you leave them up and running.
    Here seems to be a missunderstanding, too. I did not kill a single fuming imp in my challenge kill. You just watch for them and kite them all to a single spot and let them detonate there, now you just have a little spot you have to spare yourself from panic switching to them all the time. That made the whole fight so much simpler. So the priority becomes like this:

Smoldering (They actually damage and kill you if left alone) -> Servants (They prolong the fight) = Umbral (Kill when no other imps left or they teleport next to you) | Fuming (Don't kill them, just kite them to one spot)

Even the Fuming imps have no "kill priority" you should focus a big chunk of your attention looking for them, since a detonation in a bad spot can cost you the fight with boulders rolling around. If you ever miss one and he gets too close use gouge immediatly.

The most important thing is to kill the adds. Agatha will eventually die if you can manage all of the adds, but if you fail, you will die instead of the boss. For me the best legendary combo was the belt and the trinket, these combined with mfd made the encounter much more doable.

My 1st priority imps were the fuming ones, but I didn't really attacked them directly. They only cast their puddle when they reach you, so if you are constantly moving (strafing/running in circle around the boss/othe rimps is preferred) you can easily kill them with blade flurry. I only swaped to them for an mfd-finisher combo and then immediatly swapped back to the boss or other important imps. Altough it's advised to make a macro for gouging them if they manage to start their cast. As for the other imps, I usually went for the ones that were closer to me, but when they were close together I went for the umbrals first, cause they make the boss invulnerable and if they were dead, I've been able to to some extra dmg to the boss with blade flurry while killing the remaining imps.

And please don't use WoV, if you need more heal than what you can get with greed/CV/rtb leech you don't manage the imps well.

Deleted
    As others have stated just stay alive and manage the adds. Agatha will die eventually.

I did mine the first time the mage tower was up after 5-6 tries. Ilvl was probably around 890 at that time. I used Will of Valeera and Cinidaria for maximum sustain and sprint on CD to proc feint.
    The trick was keeping the adds under control with mfd and saving big cooldowns to stabilize if I ever felt behind.

With todays ilvl it should be quite easy.
    Last edited by mmocb85b9cd8ad; 2017-09-14 at 10:33 PM.

Also id suggest if youre running SnD build get a frond from botanist in NH and auto attack ring from Court of Stars

This may seem like a silly question, but do you have to do this as outlaw? My assassination spec is so much stronger (934 ivl, 954 artifact, level 66 with three MA relics) that it seems like this might be a viable approach if it's allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    This may seem like a silly question, but do you have to do this as outlaw? My assassination spec is so much stronger (934 ivl, 954 artifact, level 66 with three MA relics) that it seems like this might be a viable approach if it's allowed.
    yes you can only do it in outlaw.

Homophobia is so gay.

I just did this last night, and I found it much easier when I switched to SnD. It was much steadier DPS, the imps died just as fast, and I didn't have to waste time fishing for the right buffs. Granted, my item level was 929, but I still got smacked around a lot due to not getting buffs at the right time. My pulls were all over the place for the first 45 minutes using MfD due to the randomness of the bones. I switched to SnD, and put on a full defensive set (Prydaz/WoV), and killed her in two pulls, with the first one being a 1% wipe.

Imp order for me was Umbral > Smoldering > Servants. For the first 50%, I simply kited the fuming imps in a circle while cleaving them down with blade flurry. That kept the path clear for phase two.

So yeah, if you've got good enough gear that you can go full defensive, SnD is probably a better bet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadenzza View Post
    I just did this last night, and I found it much easier when I switched to SnD. It was much steadier DPS, the imps died just as fast, and I didn't have to waste time fishing for the right buffs. Granted, my item level was 929, but I still got smacked around a lot due to not getting buffs at the right time. My pulls were all over the place for the first 45 minutes using MfD due to the randomness of the bones. I switched to SnD, and put on a full defensive set (Prydaz/WoV), and killed her in two pulls, with the first one being a 1% wipe.

Imp order for me was Umbral > Smoldering > Servants. For the first 50%, I simply kited the fuming imps in a circle while cleaving them down with blade flurry. That kept the path clear for phase two.

So yeah, if you've got good enough gear that you can go full defensive, SnD is probably a better bet.
    I found it easier to do this challenge in SnD spec as well. That talent is really not so bad - for one it makes the act of playing a lot simpler so you can focus on the things going on around you (imp priority, interrupts, moving to the right position, etc) rather than having attention always distracted by making decisions on whether or not that bones buff needs to be rerolled again or not. People give SnD a bad rap still because of how poorly it compared to RtB in 7.0 when it was only +90% and RtB hadn't been nerfed yet. A lot has changed since then.

Deleted
    I have item level 929 currently because I have been working on my mage challenges first and the rogue got lucky with some boss drops and such. This is my alt and I am not raiding, so I don't have set bonuses and only mediocre trinkets (though alchemist trinket is probably good here because of versatility rating). I regularly get to the last phase after her 2nd teleport, but often lose due to pooling of all kinds of imps with her shield. I probably will have to concentrate better on adds than before and try the Falcosaur Omelette, if the tower is still up when I come home.

I have both bracers and shoulders, but find it easier to do the fight with Prydaz equipped instead of bracers. Unfortunately I don't have any good items for a shoulder slot since I have the shoulder legendary like forever, else I would probably switch to Kil'Jaeden trinket or the leg slot.

Edit: Prydaz + Shoulders were good, I just swapped the vitality flask with the agi flask and the Falcosaur Omelette was great. Did not have any runes anymore, but my gear score was anyway high enough.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-09-26 at 03:42 PM.

I did mine in about 20 pulls at 920 with RtB using Cinidaria and Ring

Rolls definitely suck, but can make or break the fight

Getting Grand Melee makes it a faceroll

MFD -> Evi adds makes the fight real easy and adds heal with the belt

Gear helps as the shorter the fight the less adds there are, one attempt I had what I would guess was around 7 adds and she was at 30%, I opted out of that attempt

Deleted
    I finished the challenge a few weeks ago with with my ~914 alt (mostly unsullied gear) with only one legendary (cloak) and no set bonus. It's mostly a CD management fight. If you use your burst CDs at the right times and drink Crimson Vial on CD you should be fine. I recommend using Slice and Dice since Roll the Bones is too random.