7+ Year Old Account

Anyone else Have Post Apocalyptic Fantasies?

Can anyone seriously tell me why society and the status quo so great because most people lead miserable shit lives?

Most people work mind numbing jobs, are forced to behave like robots because that is what company policy expects, most know that their job is literally leading absolutely nowhere, most are continually stressing and scraping by in a tiny shit house with a shit landlord that refuses to fix anything, they have a shit car that constantly breaks down, most are unable to save a penny, on top of all this they watch a never ending stream of commercials and celebrities all reminding them of things they do not have and how junk their life is, and they repeat this soul grinding cycle of monotony day after day.

This is the life of most people in America, and the reasons why I have never understood why people love the status quo and continue to support society. Why do support a society that is not working for them or most people?

America is a hierarchical system in which the majority of people are shackled with the invisible slave chains of society all in order to support the extravagant lives of a few at the very top. Some say that is not true because it is possible to have upward mobility in America, but I would argue that there is less upward mobility in America today than before we separated from England.

The reasons above are why I have apocalyptic fantasies. Some will argue against me saying that living for mere survival would be harsh and stressful, but I am a person that is willing to accept those hardships to have a more dynamic life as opposed to the changeless status quo of society. Also, at least in a post apocalyptic world every persons work directly contributes to their well being instead of enhancing the lives of some company owner, CEO, shareholder, or politician.

Maybe people like the status quo because their place in the hierarchy is better than most, but for me and most people the hierarchy of society exists as a sort of slavery.

Maybe I am completely alone in this, but I wouldn't mind if it all collapsed. In my view a society where the majority of people lead lives of misery is not a society that should continue to exist.

Disregarding the story of the Salton Sea I like the wasteland esk images and melody of this video.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2017-09-11 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friends like post apocalyptic fantasies. I'm more medieval fantasies.

The reality of both is that you're likely to die in a really shitty way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any kind of Apocalyptical even capable of wiping out the vast majority of humans would most likely fuck the planet so hard as to make it unlivable even to the luckiest of survivors, so no, I don't. It would most likely be a very brief and far more painful life than if you just died during the apocalypse. Fallout life may seem cool, but that's years after the actual bombing and unfortunately we lack any kind of cataclysm protection currently. I prefer fantasys about a future where we actually don't kill ourselves off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duplicate thread, locking this one.