Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smile Western society, business and the importance of anti-PC

I'd like to just start this post off by mentioning that I have been an on and off lurker on this website since roughly the end of cataclysm. It's now 2017 and I am starting to realize how close we are to a real life '1984' scenario. I believe Aristotle put it best when he stated "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." What I fear most is that we're approaching an era in which people have little apathy for freedom. I am not quite sure why Americans have to conclude this problem to a 'left vs. right' issue when it's more of an issue regarding the very fabrics of western society. Nonetheless I am not here to discuss America, I am here to discuss western culture as a whole. I believe our main issue in the west is that we are at a point in society where a couple of people getting there feelings hurt means everyone has to adjust there lifestyle... etc. This is only an issue because as a society we choose to tolerate these peoples opinions for whatever reason, and I am not going to lie I have contributed to this problem by being apathetic to the whole issue until now. I am no less to blame then the people actively complaining about everything and causing annoyances to the majority of peoples lives. My proposition is that there is a whole open side of business that has not been explored quite yet; that being a business completely built on a politically incorrect base. I am not asking for a company to be racist, misogynistic.. etc however I want a company that has a spine and will stand up for its own opinions, not just the opinion that everyone wants it to have. Just one example topic would be climate change, so what if a company states they don't support climate change? well there are people who literally want any climate change deniers incarcerated (starting to sound like 1984 thought police yet?). Ultimately I believe if we don't correct our course and end this politically correct none-sense western society will die and be replaced with something much worse.

P.S its quite late where I am from when typing this up, my bad for any grammatical errors and or spelling mistakes.

hey I get to be the first to call you an alt troll account!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    hey I get to be the first to call you an alt troll account!
    Ooo oo second!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I mean I understand the suspicion but I am quite a long time lurker, I have finally just decided to give my opinion on this popular matter, I actually am neither left or right but centrist libertarian (or at least I like to think I am)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakais View Post
    I mean I understand the suspicion but I am quite a long time lurker, I have finally just decided to give my opinion on this popular matter, I actually am neither left or right but centrist libertarian (or at least I like to think I am)
    Oh hey he's a woke libertarian too!

One more box and I get BINGO!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

why do you think the Alt-Right exists and is growing??

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, as you know, not being of the leftist hive-mind makes you a troll by MMO-C standards.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    In all honestly the alt right is no better then the alt left, I don't know much about the turmoil going on in america as I myself am Canadian but from what I can see is that both sides have complete whack jobs that are doing nothing productive.

A lot of companies already do that OP, it depends on who consumes their products or in some cases the HR department. So, if the base is "Anti-pc" then the company will probably hold similar opinions.

I believe Aristotle put it best when he stated "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society."
    If you aren't trolling and you believe Aristotle was talking about politically correct tolerance, I feel really bad for you.

- - - Updated - - -

In all honestly the alt right is no better then the alt left, I don't know much about the turmoil going on in america as I myself am Canadian but from what I can see is that both sides have complete whack jobs that are doing nothing productive.
    @smrund, I'm pretty sure this is a bingo

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Oh hey he's a woke libertarian too!

One more box and I get BINGO!
    Did alt-left give you bingo?

Bah i was slow

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL what the hell is that mess of an OP.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    well there are people who literally want any climate change deniers incarcerated (starting to sound like 1984 thought police yet?). Ultimately I believe if we don't correct our course and end this politically correct none-sense western society will die and be replaced with something much worse.
    For withholding evidence that continued use of fossil fuels would be/could be detrimental to some parts of the human race not for being against climate change [theory?.] At least those i have seen are asking for cases against big oil same as tobacco

Not sure i favor that but there is a difference

well there are people who literally want any climate change deniers incarcerated (starting to sound like 1984 thought police yet?)
    Oh wow! I didn't even see this part!

Look, I claim there is a group of people who want you in jail for having a wrong opinion! That means the police are only steps away from actually enforcing that law! Do you feel George Orwell writing the narrative that is your life yet?

Oh wow! I didn't even see this part!

Look, I claim there is a group of people who want you in jail for having a wrong opinion! That means the police are only steps away from actually enforcing that law! Do you feel George Orwell writing the narrative that is your life yet?
    In order for it to be a threat, all it takes is one group of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't trolling and you believe Aristotle was talking about politically correct tolerance, I feel really bad for you.

- - - Updated - - -

@smrund, I'm pretty sure this is a bingo
    Yeah but this thread that is clearly trolling will stay open for at least another 30 pages while people circlejerk to how right this guy is and the mods jack off to "free and open discussion".

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    I'm not sure either of those things are true in any appreciable respect.

What do you really think the power of a bunch of neckbeards on the internet is? You seem to be forgetting that reddit and 4chan aren't measures of a country's political leanings.

Why do you think the "Alt-right" gets blown out of the water attendance-wise at every "protest" they organize by counter-protesters? And that's an alt-right crowd that INCLUDES the white supremacists and neo-nazis that come to bolster their ranks.

The "alt-right" has been temporarily emboldened by the petulant man-child-in-chief that they see themselves in. As his popularity continues to plummet, so too will the alt-right. All that will remain are an (even more) vocal minority of whiners who make it their profession to get triggered at SJWs and demand safe spaces as the world ceases to agree with them.

"They want to remove this statue! Wah wah wah!" "The counter protesters showed up to protest OUR protest! Wah wah wah!" "The left-wing people are brandishing weapons! Only we should be allowed to do that in public! Wah wah wah!"

For a bunch of people that complain about society becoming too "soft," they sure a bunch of butthurt little snowflakes.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-09-11 at 04:37 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yeah but this thread that is clearly trolling will stay open for at least another 30 pages while people circlejerk to how right this guy is and the mods jack off to "free and open discussion".
    wait what does this leave me to jack off to?

I don't want this thread to turn into an alt-right piece, that was never my intention. I simply wanted to discuss western society in regards to business.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait what does this leave me to jack off to?
    The fact that one day we will all be nothing.

Just, be kind.