Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As a fan of Lovecraft, the Old Gods and any lore or designs relating to the void, I think this map is brilliant. Thanks for sharing. I like how you took inspiration for some of the names from quotes within the game. I really want to see more of your designs now. Thanks for sharing.

I also just started to watch you on deviantart. You have some great map designs!
    Last edited by Xanesh; 2017-09-12 at 08:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a beautiful map. Nice work.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This looks like an awesome map for a tabletop RPG game. Very well done.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love maps.
    I love creepy stuff.

Combine these and you got me on your side.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Please go work for Blizzard
    Great map and theme, would love to play there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    Please go work for Blizzard
    Great map and theme, would love to play there.
    I would do if they contacted me. If they asked me to come to America I'd be on the plane without any thought for how I'd survive there, haha.

The closest I've come to working for Blizzard is working for a time with one of their artists Glenn Rane on a separate project.

Edit: If they asked me to redo all of the current maps I think I'd do it for free.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-09-14 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I would do if they contacted me. If they asked me to come to America I'd be on the plane without any thought for how I'd survive there, haha.

The closest I've come to working for Blizzard is working for a time with one of their artists Glenn Rayne on a separate project.

Edit: If they asked me to redo all of the current maps I think I'd do it for free.
    Don't do it for free man! You deserve to get paid for it!

It's a really wicked and awesome made map, love all the details and the names of them. It does really feel like something within the World of Warcraft universe.
    Good work! Keep up the awesome work!

Love it. I so much want to play WoW during the days of the Black Empire. That would be epic.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i give you an A for effort, but those names just sounds terrible to pronounce lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i give you an A for effort, but those names just sounds terrible to pronounce lol
    For a map with names based on the language of the Old Gods, which is heavily inspired by the names from H.P Lovecraft I think, at times, I made the names too easy to pronounce. :P

Edit: If you mean they don't sound nice to say aloud that's the whole point. When you say these names it should sound like you're trying not to vomit, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Looks awesome! Lots of spooking sounding eldritch locations too.

I do think it would be interesting if the Old Gods had their own plane or dimension to dwell in. They're capable of creating pocket dimensions - the Twilight Realm derives from Old God-related power, plus there's the Realm of Y'Shaarj that players saw during the Garrosh fight, and the inner realm of Yogg-Saron appears to be something other than just the Old God's actual inner physical body. They're creeping, reality distorting hyperdimensional parasites, they should be able to create some kind of planar realm of their own. Maybe this realm could reflect some of the original state of the Black Empire during its height.

Bazagod, Seat of the Flesh sounds interesting. I always liked the idea that a single Old God conceived of the Curse of Flesh and the others learned of it. Maybe that's the place where the Curse was invented.
    I prefer the Curse of Flesh be retconned(One thing of lore I never liked) but I do like the idea of a throne that's made by flesh but rather Old God minion flesh. But back on topic.

I wouldn't mind an Old God spawned realm. It certainly could be used for Blizzard to go all Eldrich/horror on us. At the same time though, it doesn't seem too feasible, generally there is some variety and I don't know what variety Old God themes could have. The best Idea I could have is say perhaps in an underground/subterrainian based expansion there is Old God based terrain and maybe one zone or a sub zone area is Titan based(Like Ulduar and such).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Suddenly got a desire to "read" one of them Lone Wolf gamebooks again... Nice map!

7+ Year Old Account
    This is such a cool map.

It gives me a very dark fantasy vibe; a good step away from the current cosmic/magical feel.

If anything it reminds me of the gothic-like fantasy films of the 80's. Me likey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    This is such a cool map.

It gives me a very dark fantasy vibe; a good step away from the current cosmic/magical feel.

If anything it reminds me of the gothic-like fantasy films of the 80's. Me likey.
    Thanks very much. I suppose the design of the map reflects the type of thing I'd want to see in an expansion based primarily on the Old Gods. Very dark. I think too dark for WoW, probably.

For example, one of the ideas I had was in the zone 'Ssa-hen'. Time is greatly distorted in this area and things are on a loop. The light of twenty moons in a cosmic sky shines down upon a dark purple earth. Towers crumble and are then remade. As you quest throughout the zone you pass hundreds of cursed NPC's suffering their own death...infinitely, begging for a final end. As they fall dead they're immediately brought back up from the ground, in reverse, aware of the entire experience.

A friend of mine also suggested NPC's that turn to look at you...no matter where you are. If you're behind them their heads swivel around to meet you.

I have plenty more ideas but those are the ones that are suitable for a forum and don't make me sound too crazy, unlike the other ones that would do. :P

Greetings, MMO-champion.

It has been a long time since I last made a map but today I happily return with one based on World of Warcraft. It means a lot to me to share this with you and I hope you enjoy what I've created. I present a maddening vision of the Realm of the Old Gods!

Those with an interest in the lore of the horrors spawned from the Void Lords may notice, among some of my own ideas, several references throughout the map that Blizzard have hinted at through the whispers of the Old Gods themselves and from their servants.

Originally I planned to detail some of the lore behind each area and what the Raids and Dungeons may contain but at last I decided it was best to leave that to the viewers imagination.

Thank you very much for viewing. (Click to enlarge)

Nice work. I noticed each major construction has different skull assigned to it.
    Do the skulls indicate something, like the properties of said places or are they just decoration? Am I reading into this more deeply than I should? XP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossed View Post
    Nice work. I noticed each major construction has different skull assigned to it.
    Do the skulls indicate something, like the properties of said places or are they just decoration? Am I reading into this more deeply than I should? XP
    There's a key at the bottom which shows that the first undamaged skull indicates that this area has one or multiple dungeons. (due to the design I chose to write 'Tier 0.5' instead of 'Dungeons') The next skulls represent the raids. So 'Ulvoth, House of He Who Sleeps' would be the Tier 2 raid, for example.

There's a key at the bottom which shows that the first undamaged skull indicates that this area has one or multiple dungeons. (due to the design I chose to write 'Tier 0.5' instead of 'Dungeons') The next skulls represent the raids. So 'Ulvoth, House of He Who Sleeps' would be the Tier 2 raid, for example.
    Lol yeah I see it now xD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a map with names based on the language of the Old Gods, which is heavily inspired by the names from H.P Lovecraft I think, at times, I made the names too easy to pronounce. :P

Edit: If you mean they don't sound nice to say aloud that's the whole point. When you say these names it should sound like you're trying not to vomit, haha.
    no they absolutely sound and look like something associated with old gods and h.p lovecraft.

and yes i was meaning they look like they sound horrible to pronounce lol

You should really Check the jobs section on the blizzard site. They usually have open spots for artists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    You should really Check the jobs section on the blizzard site. They usually have open spots for artists.
    So much this.

Thanks very much. I suppose the design of the map reflects the type of thing I'd want to see in an expansion based primarily on the Old Gods. Very dark. I think too dark for WoW, probably.

For example, one of the ideas I had was in the zone 'Ssa-hen'. Time is greatly distorted in this area and things are on a loop. The light of twenty moons in a cosmic sky shines down upon a dark purple earth. Towers crumble and are then remade. As you quest throughout the zone you pass hundreds of cursed NPC's suffering their own death...infinitely, begging for a final end. As they fall dead they're immediately brought back up from the ground, in reverse, aware of the entire experience.

A friend of mine also suggested NPC's that turn to look at you...no matter where you are. If you're behind them their heads swivel around to meet you.

I have plenty more ideas but those are the ones that are suitable for a forum and don't make me sound too crazy, unlike the other ones that would do. :P
    Yeah, but it would be great if they are willing to take WoW in that direction, to make it a little bit more dark.
    I was never really into creepy stuff and I love these ideas