Anything wrong with high-end systems?

I've got a machine that can run FF14 perfectly in max settings and last week I've decided to check back on GW2.

But there's this thing. Even on medium settings, the game has an abnormal low framerate, and I have no idea what's behind it.

Tried to disable a lot of things, such as postprocessing or the number of character models displayed, yet sometimes I can't even hit 20 fps on LA's most crowded areas.

Nvidia video driver is up to date, I have DX11, deleted %appdata% folders... basically all the solutions on recent forum/reddit threads .

There's any particular thing that is going on right now for this matter?
    Last edited by Yhvh; 2017-09-11 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    It's not coming from you, even with the best PC in the world your FPS in Lion's Arch will stay low.

It comes from the game itself, it's not really optimized and the multithreading is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofix View Post
    It's not coming from you, even with the best PC in the world your FPS in Lion's Arch will stay low.

It comes from the game itself, it's not really optimized and the multithreading is missing.

Oh, that's VERY unfortunate and kind of a deal-breaker for me :/ Back before HoT I was okay with the 20-25 fps on Silverwastes because I was playing on a crappy computer, but right now I'm only getting a tiny improvement from a very powerful machine.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, one of the worst aspects of Guild Wars 2 is the game's performance. I can run Doom 2016/Witcher 3 on max settings as well, but during the beta weekend of Path of Fire, my PC was barely reaching 30 fps. The game is not optimized, and it is probably never going to be.

I'm running on high settings 50+ fps easily. What kind of system specs you got?

10+ Year Old Account
    Character model limit and quantity to low or medium, turn off shadows and postprocessing. That should give you decent performance depending on what CPU you have?
    At 1440p with a Xeon E3-1231v3 (basically an i7 4770) I rarely dip below 30 fps with those settings, very heavy WvW action or a large world boss like tequatl can push it down towards 20 fps but usually I'm at 50-70fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is a CPU intensive game. Thats why you'll have some crappy machines that can run the game fairly well and high end machines that struggle. GW2 doesn't care about your 16 CPU cores either, it needs a good single core.

When playing GW2 its best to kill Chrome (CPU intensive) and lower character model quality limits (do you really care about how 200 other people on the screen look? This will cut down on CPU I/O can drastically boost FPS. Try at least setting Post-Processing to Low (I personally think High is trash, look up GW2 Hook if you want to make the game beautiful).

ALSO...you might want to try a fresh install of your NVIDIA drivers if you haven't recently. A kind of recent driver is bugged, causing lower FPS in some games.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Running an i7-4790k coupled with a 1080Ti. Obliterates FF14 no matter what I'm doing, but this game will bring it to it's knees framerate wise (like 80-100+ on everything in FF14 at minimum to ranging between 30-60 in GW2). I just need to go through the options and turn some stuff down a touch and should do much better...

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    Oh, that's VERY unfortunate and kind of a deal-breaker for me :/ Back before HoT I was okay with the 20-25 fps on Silverwastes because I was playing on a crappy computer, but right now I'm only getting a tiny improvement from a very powerful machine.
    And what specs does that Machine have?

I get between 50 and 60 fps in Lions ark with my specs, with all on high
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I had this problem for a few days. I'm running a 1080 and i5- 6600k and was having trouble going above 50 fps with the lowest settings. It turns out, ALL of my cpu cores were parked. After I unparked them, I'm able to play on max settings at 100+ fps even with reshade. The program I used to unpark them is here http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-...arking-Utility