Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
  1. #341
    The Lightbringer Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pleasure Planet
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Wouldn't it be an issue with Hammer of Justice?
    Does charge have any problems with Storm Bolt?
    Does Fel Rush have any problems with Banish/Chaosnova(or whatever its called the aoe stun dh have)?
    A melee spec with his only means to close the gap on a such a lengthy cd is no melee spec.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    THEN AGAIN, actually, since you're forced to move forward (and turn at limited speed), it should be a good chaser ability, rather than just CC since you'd risk running off.
    Turn at limited speed?
    What?
    Why?
    Why would you impose limitations and handicaps on an already weak ability?

    For balance?
    Do you , right now, of sound mind and body, think that a plain and carboncopied Charge would make Retribution Paladins imbalanced?
    Be wary of the ones who yell: "Off with the satire!", for trash is always displeased with the broom.
    Please refrain from speaking your mind or having an opinion.
    This signature holds no images yet violates signature rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Competent Mods View Post
    We have looked at the infractions you had active and decided to REVERSE the last signature violation you received.

  2. #342
    Ret has:

    1. Plate armor (best of all classes)
    2. Instant heal for FULL health
    3. Short cast heals
    4. A ranged attack
    5. Melee attacks with decent dmg
    6. AoE ability
    7. A movement enhancement ability
    8. An Anti movement ability for others (A slow)
    9. A stun
    10. A disorient
    11. Ability to get health back on attack
    12. Can instantly stop ALL dmg

    They've got a massive toolkit, I love when people cry they don't do enough <fill in the blank here>...

  3. #343
    The Lightbringer Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pleasure Planet
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    Ret has:

    1. Plate armor (best of all classes)
    2. Instant heal for FULL health
    3. Short cast heals
    4. A ranged attack
    5. Melee attacks with decent dmg
    6. AoE ability
    7. A movement enhancement ability
    8. An Anti movement ability for others (A slow)
    9. A stun
    10. A disorient
    11. Ability to get health back on attack
    12. Can instantly stop ALL dmg

    They've got a massive toolkit, I love when people cry they don't do enough <fill in the blank here>...
    Try Again Bragg.
    Be wary of the ones who yell: "Off with the satire!", for trash is always displeased with the broom.
    Please refrain from speaking your mind or having an opinion.
    This signature holds no images yet violates signature rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Competent Mods View Post
    We have looked at the infractions you had active and decided to REVERSE the last signature violation you received.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Does charge have any problems with Storm Bolt?
    Does Fel Rush have any problems with Banish/Chaosnova(or whatever its called the aoe stun dh have)?
    A melee spec with his only means to close the gap on a such a lengthy cd is no melee spec.


    Turn at limited speed?
    What?
    Why?
    Why would you impose limitations and handicaps on an already weak ability?

    For balance?
    Do you , right now, of sound mind and body, think that a plain and carboncopied Charge would make Retribution Paladins imbalanced?
    Those guys just feel too broken though. :< I just prefer the 'class fantasy' idea of Retribution hunting down the ones who have done wrong, and if they try to escape, the paladin -should- prove that such a thing will not happen. Given how it breaks CC and you'll be immune to it (unlike the steed), and it stuns targets and possibly even damages, it would be some kind of balance.

    As for a charge being unblanaced: no. But Blizzard clearly doesn't like that idea so was thinking of something unique that hopefully could work. Just the joys of making up abilities!

  5. #345
    The Lightbringer Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pleasure Planet
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Those guys just feel too broken though. :< I just prefer the 'class fantasy' idea of Retribution hunting down the ones who have done wrong, and if they try to escape, the paladin -should- prove that such a thing will not happen. Given how it breaks CC and you'll be immune to it (unlike the steed), and it stuns targets and possibly even damages, it would be some kind of balance.

    As for a charge being unblanaced: no. But Blizzard clearly doesn't like that idea so was thinking of something unique that hopefully could work. Just the joys of making up abilities!
    Good for you to find joy, and I have nothing against it.
    But this "limited turn speed" is nothing else but a self-imposed limatation and a handicap. Don't lie to yourself, to me, and anyone reading this thread.

    Stop thinking with limitations in mind.
    Or do you want AW forebearance to make a comeback?
    That's a decent handicap alright.
    After all, we are well-known(no) as the kings of burst and PvP.
    Be wary of the ones who yell: "Off with the satire!", for trash is always displeased with the broom.
    Please refrain from speaking your mind or having an opinion.
    This signature holds no images yet violates signature rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Competent Mods View Post
    We have looked at the infractions you had active and decided to REVERSE the last signature violation you received.

  6. #346
    it really is heartbreaking
    i dont like combo points
    i dont like colossus smash

    I fear they wont change it much for BFA, i just wanted a smooth WOTLK gameplay

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Good for you to find joy, and I have nothing against it.
    But this "limited turn speed" is nothing else but a self-imposed limatation and a handicap. Don't lie to yourself, to me, and anyone reading this thread.

    Stop thinking with limitations in mind.
    Or do you want AW forebearance to make a comeback?
    That's a decent handicap alright.
    After all, we are well-known(no) as the kings of burst and PvP.
    I do think some limitations can be good though to make it seem more realistic of having some slight change of being available. Otherwise it ends up TOO broken and if you can pretty much sprint every 20 second, I do actually think that'd be a bit much if it had full freedom, including the 'stun whoever you run over'. And yes, I'm a horrible person for saying this probably - but I'd imagine that since it would be having a lance during it's duration, it would make sense to have a forward movement.

    Overall though I would prefer not having this either and just get a much better version of Pursuit of Justice. ;_:

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    it really is heartbreaking
    i dont like combo points
    i dont like colossus smash

    I fear they wont change it much for BFA, i just wanted a smooth WOTLK gameplay
    Ditto... :<

  8. #348
    Pandaren Monk killwithpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    Ret has:

    1. Plate armor (best of all classes)
    2. Instant heal for FULL health
    3. Short cast heals
    4. A ranged attack
    5. Melee attacks with decent dmg
    6. AoE ability
    7. A movement enhancement ability
    8. An Anti movement ability for others (A slow)
    9. A stun
    10. A disorient
    11. Ability to get health back on attack
    12. Can instantly stop ALL dmg

    They've got a massive toolkit, I love when people cry they don't do enough <fill in the blank here>...
    For real?

    1. Armor barely has an effect on any class.
    2. 10 minute CD.
    3. Maximum of 5-6 heals that will not save you in any situation.
    4. A SINGLE ranged attack... And it generates our most precious debuff so cant be used all the time.
    5. Every Melee has melee attacks with more than decent damage.
    6. No spec in the game (afaik) has no AoE abilities (maybe Feral? I never played one)
    7. 3 second ability on a relatively high CD.
    8. A slow ability is not aplicable in PvE and not going to help against ranged in PvP.
    9. Every spec afaik has some sort of a stun.
    10. A talented disorient, for 2 seconds... Works better as an interrupt, again, not very usefull in PvE.
    11. Only ability we have that might be actually usefull in PvP, not that usefull in PvE and is dependant on our main resource.
    12. Once every 5 minutes. Or 4 minutes if you dont mind CD of movement speed increase being longer...

    How are Rets special again?


    Madness will consume you!!!

  9. #349
    The Lightbringer Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pleasure Planet
    Posts
    3,818
    such an obvious bait
    why not bite
    right?
    Be wary of the ones who yell: "Off with the satire!", for trash is always displeased with the broom.
    Please refrain from speaking your mind or having an opinion.
    This signature holds no images yet violates signature rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Competent Mods View Post
    We have looked at the infractions you had active and decided to REVERSE the last signature violation you received.

  10. #350
    Pandaren Monk killwithpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    such an obvious bait
    why not bite
    right?
    I am hungry...


    Madness will consume you!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •