View Poll Results: The best Hunter pet is....

Voters
66. This poll is closed
  • Boar

4 6.06%
  • Wolf

8 12.12%
  • Spider

2 3.03%
  • Bear

12 18.18%
  • Strider

0 0%
  • Saber

8 12.12%
  • Raptor

4 6.06%
  • Robo Bunny

16 24.24%
  • Dragonhawk

1 1.52%
  • Moth

0 0%
  • Crab

3 4.55%
  • Hound

3 4.55%
  • Turtle

5 7.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Sadly, yes. :-(
    Why sadly? We are no longer locked into a certain pet to provide a missing buff or to tank/dps for us. Pet skins are now what they should have been from the beginning - pure aesthetics. Choose whatever you want and it will be viable for any type of content you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Why sadly? We are no longer locked into a certain pet to provide a missing buff or to tank/dps for us. Pet skins are now what they should have been from the beginning - pure aesthetics. Choose whatever you want and it will be viable for any type of content you're doing.
    It was just fun to have those kind of buffs.

They're all interchangeable now. Turtles can be ferocious and hawks can be tenacious. Eventually you'll want a b-rez pet and a heroism pet for when your group lacks those functions. But for leveling just know to put your favorite pet on ferocious by default and for any content where you've got someone else to tank it, and just maybe swap to tenacious if your pet is tanking something really hard-hitting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Favorite starting pet is still the moonstalkers for the Night Elves. Back in vanilla my troll hunter got one the moment I hit 10 and could tame one. Quite the dangerous journey to tame it but I did it anyway. You never saw Horde with a NE cat for a pet. They actually had decent attack speed too. After that I tamed Broken Tooth in the Badlands and kept him until they normalized attack speeds. I later moved on to the Ghost Saber cat (translucent cat that keeps its ghostly appearance once tamed). When pets started giving buffs out to the group & a wolf was needed I went and tamed The Lone Hunter for another ghostly looking pet. I've always had a thing for the ghost pets. I don't like spirit beasts but I love the ghost ones. Now that I play MM for my spec I don't have a pet since Blizzard has decided that's the only way for hunters to differentiate themselves is melee, ranged with a pet, and ranged without a pet. Maybe some day I'll venture out of MM and go BM and get me a cool looking pet since they've added A LOT of cool looking pets in recently.