Post Death knight VS paladin

No, this is not one more in the line "who would win". Rather, I am considering which of the two to make my new main, so I was hoping forums could help me out here. I like them both, both are almost equally slow and luckily I care not for healing. So - from those that have experience on both sides, which one do you think performs better? Fields I am interested in are PvE dps and tanking and PvP. Which one outputs more damage, survives better (in mythic dungeons, normal and perhaps heroic raids) as a tank and has better killing/staying power in PvP?

Any tips and insights are welcomed!

(and yeah, this is duplicate thread from DK forum, as I wish to hear opinions from both sides )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that dk is in a better place in all aspects right now (maybe even healing as well lol), unless you hate unholy.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't really tell you what you should play. But I swapped from Paladin to DK. I don't feel like I want to kill babies when playing anymore, and I enjoy being able to solo just about everything I could want to do.

My experience was... played DK since ever, tried Pala just after legion started.

Mov speed wise they are about the same, slow as fuck.

DPS in numbers I would DK. DPS as a fun factor I would fucking go DK. Pala rotation is sooooo boring man, as much as it is simple and ez, is freaking boring.

As tank, right now I would go as DK, just because Blood is OP atm. You can solo +12 if you have good gear (and know what you doing). But I must say, I liked Pala Prot alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're thinking of tanking, I recommend Blood DK. (I admit that I am somewhat biased.)

Blood is in an excellent place right now. It's strong at the highest end (it has been getting tons of usage in the Mythic Dungeon Invitational so far!), and it's one of the easiest tanks to pick up and begin playing well. It has drawbacks ("mobility" in a font large enough to be seen from space), but it's really resilient, has strong/simple cooldowns and can handle almost everything.

Protection Paladin has good self-healing, is decently mobile, and can deal a ton of burst damage. As for drawbacks, it has a pretty tiny health pool, its defensive cooldowns are a good bit more convoluted than DK, and it can get smashed into dust pretty easily on challenging content if you're not excellent at managing cooldowns, active mitigation, etc. Unfortunately, the positives for Prot Paladin don't outweigh the negatives nearly as well as they do for Blood DK right now.

One advantage of DK for me is that it has two dps specs. I mostly play dps and even though we are able to make Alts, I think it is nice for my main character to have some diversity. In my opinion frost and unholy are two very different specs. Choosing a Class with only one dps spec can be risky. If for example retribution is performing poorly, you really have no alternative other than choosing another role or playing another character.

Definitely go DK. Also, Download Compact runes.

I main a paladin and I am switching to DK once my legendary situation gets better. I only dps and tank, having 2 dps specs gives you a less likely chance that Blizz is going to crap on both of them.