• New worlds

3 4.11%
  • Other side of Azeroth

22 30.14%
  • Completely new (Please specify)

5 6.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    One guy in another thread suggested what our heroes could die and continue their adventures in Shadowlands. I like this idea - imagine we die for real at start of new expansion and appear in shadowlands. From there we starting our path back to live killing old god by the way and saving Arthas's soul or something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    This is basically everything I want. More zones like Krasarang and the Lost Isles. I'm so over all this green shit
    Its strangely relaxing to visit the beaches of STV lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I want a more exploration based expansion and not a "OMG TEH WORLD IS ENDING THIS IS THE THREATIEST THREAT TAHT EVER THREATED AZEORTH EVAR!!!!!!111!!!!!111!!!!!!!111" expansion.

Other side of Azeroth or new worlds would be good for exploration.
    This. The very reason I voted for the other side of the moon... err, of Azeroth It would be a good time to slow down a bit, and return to a Vanilla way of introducing new enemies.

Kind of a weird answer, but I'd like to see something that focuses on classic Warcraft themes.

Between Khadgar, Turalyon, Alleria, Greymane, Saurfang, Sylvanas, Magni and Muradin, and the waning of characters like Vol'jin, Varian, Jaina, the end of Legion will put us in a place where most of our leaders, the movers and shakers of Azeroth, are veterans of the Second War, people who experienced the horror, brutality, racial hatreds firsthand. Sure, that's all in the past. But there was never really a resolution - just the rise of a new Horde out of the orcs' imprisonment, leaving the wounds of the old to scar over. And I feel like, with Genn's militancy and the return of the most bloodthirsty orcslayer the Alliance has ever known, it's possible old resentments could be stirred up again.

I know the chances of this are pretty much nil. But I'd love an expac that sends us back to the Eastern Kingdoms, and opens all those parts that are missing - the rest of Zul'Aman, Kul Tiras, Balor, Zul'Dare, Crestfall, etc. What became of all these major battlegrounds, key fortresses from the old wars? Would Genn or Sylvanas use our current extraplanar distraction to try and claim the continent for their own people? Where's the war, ugly and political and inhumane? Now that we're mighty enough to vanquish WC's bigbad, one of the few threats large enough to truly endanger us - is each other.

I think I'd go for us returning to Azeroth and things seeming pretty calm at first, except for Jaina having gained some command over Kul Tiras and we have some tension between Horde and Alliance.

We go around to a few islands maybe, finally go to Zandalar, and eventually we figure out that N'Zoth is pulling some strings here and there and eventually we go kick his butt. Maybe Azshara will be part of it all too.

Very Mists of Pandaria'ish, true, but something like that. Basically islands, Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Naga, N'Zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    TROPICAL ISLANDS! JUNGLES! BEACHES! PIRATES! SAND! SEA!

I could do with a slightly more cheery and colourful expansion!
    Yeah, I want a "Holiday" expansion, something like MoP was.

Please no more orcs/trolls/space ships/legion.
    Give me Old Gods or something with pirates.

I guess I'll choose Kul Tiras/Old Gods, even though what I want is an adventure-themed, colorful expansion that's 3/4 about pirates, goblins and trolls, and only by the end it throws Azshara and/or N'zoth at us.

Draenor was a grim, savage world shaped by war.

The Broken Isles are a rainy, sharp, volcanic rock, with all kinds of fel, arcane and nightmare corruption on top of it.

I think we need something brighter in between those two and K'aresh or Nazjatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we need another Mists style expansion. I've had enough escalation and grim epic bad guys for now. Rather than heading straight into a Void/Old God/Naga invasion I'd like to have things cool down for a bit.

Something where we go somewhere new and different, with exploration and brand new lore/characters to meet rather than all gearing up for a big nasty war again straight away.

Obviously this could escalate over the first patch or two into something more epic, but I'd like to start with something more exploration/adventure than straight out "The world is under threat!" again.

I'd also love to see a big goblin city similar to the Hearthstone Gadgetzan expansion. That was pretty neat.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

TROPICAL ISLANDS! JUNGLES! BEACHES! PIRATES! SAND! SEA!

I could do with a slightly more cheery and colourful expansion!
    Oh my god, I want this too!

Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    I hadn't seen that one before. That was Awesome!

I'd like to see Kul'Tiras and Jaina finally addressed, so that gets my vote.

Please no more Legion expansions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Oh my god, I want this too!
    Could do with some levity after all the doom and gloom!

Deleted
    A super unpopular opinion, I know, but I think it would be interesting to explore other Draenor continents where developers could explore new themes, create knew lore, kinda like MoP. Basically a new exploration expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    A super unpopular opinion, I know, but I think it would be interesting to explore other Draenor continents where developers could explore new themes, create knew lore, kinda like MoP. Basically a new exploration expansion.
    Impossible - AU Draenor to risky for Blizzard to reopen; Outland is slowly falling apart.

I like having a few zones of each in an expansion.

The South Seas stuff people tossed around on these forums sounds like it would be a nice expansion. So that's what I'm hoping for.

IKR? Totally!

Deleted
    (Get ready for some entertainment but please note this is mealy the ramblings of someone that has played too much Europa Universalis 4)

We return to Azeroth as heroes everything settles. A new age of peace begins and the Horde and Alliance develop economic ties. We get a pre-patch that does timeskips showing the developing world. From the rise of Gadzetzan to the development of centres of trade.

With the alliance and horde in a time of peace. They settle their disputes in prestige, wonders and developing industry (goblin heavy horde / gnome heavy alliance). On the Verge of a new golden age the Alliance and Horde compete to circumnavigate the globe. Whilst on the Journey a new Continent is Discovered. Rich in resources and uncivilised people ready to join either of the factions. With the world ever so competitive we have a rise of "Factionalism". With the burden of bringing Civilisation and Magic to this new "Dark Continent".

The whole style of the continent would be that of the Neogene perioid a time of Large animals: https://twilightbeasts.wordpress.com...-the-twilight/

Players would become Colonial Governors tasked with Expanding their faction control further into the continent whilst undermining the opposing faction. There would be PVP areas in each zone (BG Balance not World PVP) that gives the faction either a Trade Route or Indigenous ruins/buildings/villages to look over.

We would have a Governors Office (Only part instanced) in a faction frontier town where we send Scouting parties. Unlocking Zones and Treasures as Time goes on. We would be mapping doing true exploration. Hidden valleys walled off completely until either machinery arrives (later patch or something) Or someone on the realm discovers a way in (Realm First: FoS achievement). The town would develop over the course of the expansion. Flying would be unavailable at the start of the expansion due to air currents caused by an angry air elemental that can be killed by a raid group later on in the expansion that would drop an item. You take that back to your factions town and use the wealth of your developing town and trade routes to construct a tower channelling magic to help calm the weather. (Easy and short and no grind)

Weather would be important as this would be an area known to tropical storms, cyclones and hurricanes. Natural disasters would be rife in this untamed area of the world. Affecting the zones, whilst blocking paths but possibly giving temporary new ones to unexplored areas. (weekly/monthly events). Disasters such as plagues, coldness would be influenced by the time of year, allowing all sorts of shenanigans.

Trade routes would be merchants going ahead into the unexplored deep regions (zones later added in patches, "Tales of a city of Gold?"). Reaching indigenous people and trading goods for the good of your faction.

This expansion would be completely about the Alliance and Horde there would be no major overhanging bad guy other than the colonial actions performed by the other faction.

An idea of what one of the raids could be would be something like the following.
    The Safari: Hemet Nesingwary and his posse have gone mad. Taming a bunch of creatures from the wild to hunt the only true sport, the sentient races of Azeroth!

(Yeah this went on a lot longer than I expected so, I think i should sleep.)
    Edit: remember this was satire, I couldn't think of a worse enemy than sargaras other than ourselfs and a colonial Imerial agenda. So please don't be offended.
    Last edited by mmoc1a09b5e710; 2017-09-13 at 10:51 PM.

Deleted
    South sea, kul'tiras can be part of it but i am far more interested to see Zandalar then Kil'tiras.