Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    Scarab Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Kil'Jaeden's Nightmare
    Posts
    4,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's "fine"(especially at lower levels of play), but it's definitely one of the weaker DPS specs. Try doing the same with an equally geared Arms warrior, moonkin, sub rogue etc and you'll immediately notice the difference.
    Got'cha. I was looking at the meter for "Total DPS" half way through the run, too, so it included a mix of boss and trash dps. Also it was Maw, so the first boss included some adds. All of which would have padded my numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    And those people that say it's not a big deal and the system is fine should just stfu
    Well thanks Selerian; we appreciate and respect your point of view as well.

    Felfaadaern Darkterror ~.~ Peacekeeper Benhir
    Tanks, KSM, AotC

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    News for some of you Blizz fanboys/white knights: there's a capped out 500 post thread on Blizz 7.3 PTR Feedback forum about this, that Lore had responded to, that is about 99% negative on Crucible and for very sound reasons.

    The Netherlight Crucible And You

    ...and a similar thread: Please Cancel the Netherlight Crucible.

    I'll predict that this is not going to go well, and more people will be quitting because of it. People are just fed up and burned out with the endless RNG, time gates, slow downs, and bullshit that Legion has been from the git.
    No guy, you people are an extreme minority of loud and vocal but 100% crazy people.

    Here is reality:

    #1 The Nether Crucible is NOT a fucking time gate it's not a fucking slow down it's not anything you are trying to label it as, it's just another added bonus that you gain passively from playing the game you fucking weirdo. In this case the passive bonus is that you might get a 2nd swing at a better trait on any relic that you get, + other bonuses that are all relatively equal. Furthermore Legion has had no more "time gating" relative to any other expansion, except when it comes to gaining ap and leveling your artifact. That's long since been taken care of.

    #2 If you are having difficulties figuring out how to distribute loot in 7.3 because of the Nether Crucible, you probably want to consider joining a guild with people that are not insane and totally irrational. NOTHING CHANGED AT ALL that would make loot different. People go for BIS trait relics only over anything else. If you're doing it any other way you are doing it wrong. Period end of discussion. Bonuses you roll are a BONUS. JUST A BONUS. Ya dig?

    #3 The only "new" RNG system in Legion is the Legendary System. There are no other systems that were added to this game that are RNG based, and not a single other system that people complain about is at all in any way shape or form even necessary to get through all of the game's content (i.e. titanforging). There is literally no more RNG in this game now on the whole, than there ever was before, they've just given you more options to get gear you're after if we're really being honest about what the game is like now. Although I think the game should have tier vendors for previous raids like Cata did it, because who the fuck is even going to grind old raids for gear when they're trying to play catch up anyways, and I think that some better way to target legendaries should be launched with Antorus but otherwise? Most of the complainers are just whiny fucks.

    Here's what you people need to do: Quit treating the game like a mother fucking job, quit being insanely idiotic crazy people that think if you don't have the absolutely best piece of gear that drops then what you have isn't good enough at all, smoke a blunt, have sex. Go outside. But mostly stop being whiny ass bitches.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-09-21 at 05:40 AM.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    No guy, you people are an extreme minority of loud and vocal but 100% crazy people.

    Here is reality:

    #1 The Nether Crucible is NOT a fucking time gate it's not a fucking slow down it's not anything you are trying to label it as, it's just another added bonus that you gain passively from playing the game you fucking weirdo. In this case the passive bonus is that you might get a 2nd swing at a better trait on any relic that you get, + other bonuses that are all relatively equal. Furthermore Legion has had no more "time gating" relative to any other expansion, except when it comes to gaining ap and leveling your artifact. That's long since been taken care of.

    #2 If you are having difficulties figuring out how to distribute loot in 7.3 because of the Nether Crucible, you probably want to consider joining a guild with people that are not insane and totally irrational. NOTHING CHANGED AT ALL that would make loot different. People go for BIS trait relics only over anything else. If you're doing it any other way you are doing it wrong. Period end of discussion. Bonuses you roll are a BONUS. JUST A BONUS. Ya dig?

    #3 The only "new" RNG system in Legion is the Legendary System. There are no other systems that were added to this game that are RNG based, and not a single other system that people complain about is at all in any way shape or form even necessary to get through all of the game's content (i.e. titanforging). There is literally no more RNG in this game now on the whole, than there ever was before, they've just given you more options to get gear you're after if we're really being honest about what the game is like now. Although I think the game should have tier vendors for previous raids like Cata did it, because who the fuck is even going to grind old raids for gear when they're trying to play catch up anyways, and I think that some better way to target legendaries should be launched with Antorus but otherwise? Most of the complainers are just whiny fucks.

    Here's what you people need to do: Quit treating the game like a mother fucking job, quit being insanely idiotic crazy people that think if you don't have the absolutely best piece of gear that drops then what you have isn't good enough at all, smoke a blunt, have sex. Go outside. But mostly stop being whiny ass bitches.
    Must admit this pretty much hits the nail on the head.

    Only the hardcore minority of the already minority people that actually raid would really be concerned about it and being realistic its a non issue.

    Seem like these people would prefer it how it was ... get a shit relic and throw it away and do without or put up with a shit relic instead of with the crucible where it the main affix is shit there still a reasonable chance of having GOOD affixes in the 2nd or 3rd tier or even BOTH making it a blood amazing relic compared to before.

    They see it now as "I MUST HAVE" rather than as a bonus, talk about cutting your nose of to spite you face...

    Hell give em 100% chance at the perfect stats with 100% drop rate and they'd find something to complain about ...

    Probably about having nothing to do....
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

  4. #204
    What it really comes down to whether your hardcore or casual is that if you get a relic that has increased ilvl and bis trait it can in fact be a downgrade over what you already have in your weapon if you get bad nether crucible traits. So you either have to go to an outside source like raidbots to sim it or you put the relic in and your dps goes down.

    I've had a few of the "casual" people I play with that just do dungeons and lfr/normal raids say to me "jeeze it seems like my dps went down after I put this "upgrade" of a relic in my weapon". Then I do a quick sim and say your right it did because you picked the wrong trait for second tier NC.

    You can say "with the rng in classes that it won't make a noticeable change in your dps anyway if you pick the wrong trait" but once you get all 3 relics unlocked the difference between the best and worst trait will be noticeable and neither hardcore or casual people want to lose dps (at least none that I know).

  5. #205
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    No guy, you people are an extreme minority of loud and vocal but 100% crazy people.

    Here is reality:

    #1 The Nether Crucible is NOT a fucking time gate it's not a fucking slow down it's not anything you are trying to label it as, it's just another added bonus that you gain passively from playing the game you fucking weirdo. In this case the passive bonus is that you might get a 2nd swing at a better trait on any relic that you get, + other bonuses that are all relatively equal. Furthermore Legion has had no more "time gating" relative to any other expansion, except when it comes to gaining ap and leveling your artifact. That's long since been taken care of.

    #2 If you are having difficulties figuring out how to distribute loot in 7.3 because of the Nether Crucible, you probably want to consider joining a guild with people that are not insane and totally irrational. NOTHING CHANGED AT ALL that would make loot different. People go for BIS trait relics only over anything else. If you're doing it any other way you are doing it wrong. Period end of discussion. Bonuses you roll are a BONUS. JUST A BONUS. Ya dig?

    #3 The only "new" RNG system in Legion is the Legendary System. There are no other systems that were added to this game that are RNG based, and not a single other system that people complain about is at all in any way shape or form even necessary to get through all of the game's content (i.e. titanforging). There is literally no more RNG in this game now on the whole, than there ever was before, they've just given you more options to get gear you're after if we're really being honest about what the game is like now. Although I think the game should have tier vendors for previous raids like Cata did it, because who the fuck is even going to grind old raids for gear when they're trying to play catch up anyways, and I think that some better way to target legendaries should be launched with Antorus but otherwise? Most of the complainers are just whiny fucks.

    Here's what you people need to do: Quit treating the game like a mother fucking job, quit being insanely idiotic crazy people that think if you don't have the absolutely best piece of gear that drops then what you have isn't good enough at all, smoke a blunt, have sex. Go outside. But mostly stop being whiny ass bitches.
    So your post comes down to saying "idiotic crazy people" and "whiny ass bitches". GG. The facts are that Legion has several time gates, slow down mechanisms, and now with NC another unneeded RNG layer. The threads I posted prove that NC is highly unpopular thus far.

    Otherwise, lemme know when you've grown up a bit and gotten out of the ghetto/homeboy/black-wannabe talk.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Must admit this pretty much hits the nail on the head.

    Only the hardcore minority of the already minority people that actually raid would really be concerned about it and being realistic its a non issue.

    Seem like these people would prefer it how it was ... get a shit relic and throw it away and do without or put up with a shit relic instead of with the crucible where it the main affix is shit there still a reasonable chance of having GOOD affixes in the 2nd or 3rd tier or even BOTH making it a blood amazing relic compared to before.

    They see it now as "I MUST HAVE" rather than as a bonus, talk about cutting your nose of to spite you face...

    Hell give em 100% chance at the perfect stats with 100% drop rate and they'd find something to complain about ...

    Probably about having nothing to do....
    So it's an issue with only people who actually play the game? That would be accurate. It's garbage design, and most people who are affected by it dislike it. The arguments saying "it's fine" are basically the same as saying well most people on Earth don't care about this thing impacting people in this city, therefore it's fine.

  7. #207
    Only dorks can whine and get upset over something as meaningless as RNG so much. What a pathetic bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    I like General Off-Topic. It's really cool to see people with My Little Pony avatars advocating for genocide.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Only dorks can whine and get upset over something as meaningless as RNG so much. What a pathetic bunch.
    That was insightful.

    Since you don't appear to play this game, or care about it at all, one has to wonder why you're here posting in this forum. If we're all dorks for caring about something that impacts us, what does it make someone who doesn't care at all about a game coming in and complaining about something as meaningless as other people's opinions?

  9. #209
    Its impossible for you to get the worst trait on all your relics because theres always going to be a better trait paired with it so i dont know why that is even being entertained

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Must admit this pretty much hits the nail on the head.

    Only the hardcore minority of the already minority people that actually raid would really be concerned about it and being realistic its a non issue.

    Seem like these people would prefer it how it was ... get a shit relic and throw it away and do without or put up with a shit relic instead of with the crucible where it the main affix is shit there still a reasonable chance of having GOOD affixes in the 2nd or 3rd tier or even BOTH making it a blood amazing relic compared to before.

    They see it now as "I MUST HAVE" rather than as a bonus, talk about cutting your nose of to spite you face...

    Hell give em 100% chance at the perfect stats with 100% drop rate and they'd find something to complain about ...

    Probably about having nothing to do....
    Wellllll I think you're wrong about the complainers representing the raiding community on a whole, pretty sure it's only the try hard, dime-a-dozen baddies that overthink everything and still suck at the game but love finding new ways to blame others for their shortcomings.

    Here is my experience on 6 toons with the Crucible: it is a 50% chance period to get a BIS trait on a relic that doesn't have it, it is not a concern if the relic already has it, you will more often than not get a 2nd bonus trait that's at least decent and always get a bonus which is really the point anyways. You'll also pretty much never get only shitty procs from the 2nd tier Crucible passives (because they are all relatively shitty).

    But there is a greater than almost never happening that you'll get some straight dope procs (even on off specs you never really play) like this for example:



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    So your post comes down to saying "idiotic crazy people" and "whiny ass bitches". GG. The facts are that Legion has several time gates, slow down mechanisms, and now with NC another unneeded RNG layer. The threads I posted prove that NC is highly unpopular thus far.

    Otherwise, lemme know when you've grown up a bit and gotten out of the ghetto/homeboy/black-wannabe talk.
    So you're a racist on top of whatever else I insinuated. Got it. Stop responding. Not interested in things you have to say. I am correct. That's how I feel about it. Go blow yourself.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    That was insightful.

    Since you don't appear to play this game, or care about it at all, one has to wonder why you're here posting in this forum. If we're all dorks for caring about something that impacts us, what does it make someone who doesn't care at all about a game coming in and complaining about something as meaningless as other people's opinions?
    You're whining and your "opinion" is useless. Stop pestering us with it, it's rude, vile behavior. You don't "care" about the game. You care about whining and validating your petty personality. That's a gigantic difference. Stop tarnishing the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    I like General Off-Topic. It's really cool to see people with My Little Pony avatars advocating for genocide.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    So it's an issue with only people who actually play the game? That would be accurate. It's garbage design, and most people who are affected by it dislike it. The arguments saying "it's fine" are basically the same as saying well most people on Earth don't care about this thing impacting people in this city, therefore it's fine.
    Are you claiming then only ~1,200 people play the game? Since that's about the amount of people who have cleared Mythic?

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Its impossible for you to get the worst trait on all your relics because theres always going to be a better trait paired with it so i dont know why that is even being entertained
    you could still get 3 defensives though

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    You'll also pretty much never get only shitty procs from the 2nd tier Crucible passives (because they are all relatively shitty
    The t2 traits are worth double or more than the primary traits for some specs though, with the 4 ST damage procs standing out pretty far from anything else for said specs.

    Sure you're ALWAYS going to be getting a better relic than you used to, if you only compare a new relic to a pre NLC relic, but it's irritating to gamble for example a 935 TF relic and have it not be an upgrade over my 910. The old system had some possibility for similar examples(defensive vs BiS) but the gap is potentially widened now and unknowable until you slot the trinket into the crucible, it's just an irritating process. I'm sure many others like myself like to be able to know more readily if a drop is worth being excited about. When I see a big TF, a 25 ilvl upgrade, I want to be happy, not skeptical. There had to be better ways to 'open up' more relics to be usable, which was what the system was meant to do.

    Whether you think it's worth them caring is obviously up to you, but different people have different goals in the game and being unable to understand their frustration is pretty confusing.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Are you claiming then only ~1,200 people play the game? Since that's about the amount of people who have cleared Mythic?
    look at it like this- blizzard put NLC in the game in it's current form:

    timmy who raids normal and heroic, never steps foot into mythic, doesn't care about NLC or AK or traits because ultimately it's not needed. he has fun and thinks "oh wow, this 955 relic from my chest which has a bad trait has a bis trait on row 3, this means i can use it! yay!"

    jimmy who only plays in LFR and 5 man content doesn't care about NLC either, he probably isn't even aware of the difference in power for each individual trait/row 2 perk

    tammy (because we're not sexist, right?) raids mythic. she is always wanting to improve her personal dps/hps and is a bit frustrated by NLC. she has a 980 weapon, sees that potentially this 955 relic is an upgrade over her 950 1, however when she inspects it at the NLC it isn't an upgrade because of poor row 2/3 perks. Further, a 955 relic drops in a raid and it's an upgrade over her 945 relic, and she gets it... she now goes to NLC to check it and finds out it's not an upgrade. tammy is now feeling a bit shit, because she can no longer trade this relic.

    NLC doesn't serve a purpose outside of annoying people. it doesn't benefit anyone, actually. the best immediate change they could make would be to at least allow players to preview new relics without them becoming soulbound.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    NLC doesn't serve a purpose outside of annoying people.
    That's Blizzard purpose I think. Either that or they don't play their own game at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •