Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    More than 3.5 billion views on YT, 15 weeks straight at the Billboard top spot, played in every retail shop...

Is it Justin Bieber? The beat?

Personally I find it very catchy and danceable. It kinda reminds me of two other summer hits: "Danza Kuduro" and "Ai Se Eu Te Pego".
    Never heard of it.

Ive seen alot of memes referencing this song but I have never listened to it ,nor do i want to.

Bieber! /swoon

Jews pushing their globalist agenda, as always.

To be completely honest I heard about that song but haven't got any chance of actually hearing it (and I don't seek it). Perhaps because I don't listen to radios and don't hung up around places where music is played.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Is it Justin Bieber?
    LOL WHAT?? NO.

Despacito is the most viewed video in Youtube history... the version WITHOUT Bieber in it. Bieber was stuck in as a cheap gimmick to appeal to some crowds in the US but the song was HUGE (and seriously over played) long before Bieber had anything to do wiht it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

up until this thread i had no idea what you all are talking about. all the physical stores I go to, have their radio stations stuck in 80ties and 80ties with occasional classic rock and at home I listen to my personaly curated Pandora stations (that tend not to include pop music, nothing against it, its just not my general preference) when I'm not listening to just music albums.

I guess its cute? honestly its both catchy and incredibly generic.

still confused as to what in a world Bieber has to do with it. honestly, his name would just get me to avoid it rather then seek it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    Don't turn on your commercial radio, you'll die.

I can at a random time a given day take my car to the supermarket which takes around 10 minutes with the radio on and you bet this song will be playing. That's why I listen to classical music.

He features the radio version on many stations and it's just as bad.
    I think the only radio station that played it here was Radio 1 and I avoid that station

It's true bieber helped it in the USA. But it was a global phenomenon before that. Latin music seems to be a bigger thing now, appealing to a broader audience. Look at Enrique Iglesias and Shakira, back to singing in spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Really, what is not to like about it?
    The music, the lyrics, the absence of art, the overwhelming design of mass appeal.

The video is well done, the song is bad.
    I just imagine people watching the video without sound so I don't lose hope in humanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I think the only radio station that played it here was Radio 1 and I avoid that station
    sticking to the archers on radio 4 eh?

Never heard of it.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    https://mic.com/articles/107896/scie...ame#.1RWswvEmB

Pop music = Popular Music.

When a new style hits the scene, it gets replicated, and dumbed down to a point of becoming generic.

It even happens with underground music. Eventually a new style gets popular in bars and clubs then someone makes it dumbed down enough for mass appeal. That song will likely end up on the radio while the true founders of that genre will remain in the underground.

As a musician, it is really tough to not end up being a copy cat. And often, if you don't, you won't see success.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    'This is how we make a' burrito'

Love that song. The fact that the best looking woman they could feature had fake tits, ass, eyelashes, etc seems odd to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    'This is how we make a' burrito'

Love that song. The fact that the best looking woman they could feature had fake tits, ass, eyelashes, etc seems odd to me.
    Have you seen other latin music videos? Pretty much par for the course, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    sticking to the archers on radio 4 eh?
    Radio 2 occasionally but honestly usually specialty stations or my own music

Never heard the song myself,only heard people talking shit about it
    I guess it's yet another catchy summer song?

Ironically, I've found out that it is a "popular" song few days ago. It is an abomination to me, but people seem to like it. Dumb masses have poor taste in music, color me shocked. Given the fact that two billion people watched gangnam style, another abomination, I am not so surprised.

I got married 3 days ago and I told the DJ that if he played despashito I would not pay him for the evening.

I don't know why anyone would like this garbage