[HOLY] Gearing Question

Hey all,

Not really big on theorycrafting and just stepped down mythic raiding on my hunter to play casually as a holy paladin. Anyway I have a quick question on which combination of pieces should yield a higher hps:

915 Crit/Mastery Neck + Velen's Future Sight or....

930 Arcanocrystal + Prydaz?

Thanks!

Deleted
    HPS taken in isolation with no other considerations? 930 Arcanocrystal + Prydaz, probably. Pyrdaz is free HPS cheesing, at least on my meters.

Whether or not that's effective hps, is an entirely different question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arcano + Prydaz will be a better choice in most situations.

In a general sense, how good is arcanocrystal for hpal?

Should I be happy with my 930? Or should I look for grand design, or a high roll crit stat stick?

7+ Year Old Account
    A 930 arcano is better than any stat stick you can currently get, and it's strong for hpala. DGD is niche, if you are doing casual raid content it's mostly going to end up as a mix of high overhealing and sniping.

Velen's is BiS for all healers, not only paladins. And considering the nature of Paladin's healing (single target big heals + uncontrolled mass AoE) the benefits provided by the on-use effect are huge.

Then you have the ungodly amount of Int and stats on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    Velen's is BiS for all healers, not only paladins. And considering the nature of Paladin's healing (single target big heals + uncontrolled mass AoE) the benefits provided by the on-use effect are huge.

Then you have the ungodly amount of Int and stats on it.
    The op is going to raid casually, prydaz + arcano will yield more hps for 99% of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    The op is going to raid casually, prydaz + arcano will yield more hps for 99% of the players.
    Well, as i always say in regards to healers - it's a "feeling" based experience.

For me Prydaz does not provide enough benefits in a raid environment (it might make Martyr usage more viabile, but that shouldn't be used that much). As a paladin you already have enough defensive for casual content.

Velen's will allow for better overhealing management during Wings (and in general), and will also assist with raid healing. Paladin's healing tool-set is already small, so adding a new ability to it will not create complexity.

Paladins already have high HPS, so you don't have to worry that much about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    Paladin's healing tool-set is already small
    excuse you?

Why not use both? Pyrdaz and Velen's are very good choices for legs as a Holy Pali. I currently use Judge Ring and Velens, but I'd probably replace the ring over the Neck if I had it, especially for Mythic+.

Deleted
    Personally i feel like ilterendi>velens for most raid encounter, but velens in m+ is a solid choice though.