Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It wasn't that at all. That's what Uther guessed, admitting he didn't know (also contradicting his own words 2 seconds earlier). The real reason was that Arthas' pre-Wrath Scourge invasion was to taunt everyone to come to ICC (this is depicted in the comics). He wanted only Azeroth's strongest champions to reach him in ICC so he could kill us and res us into his army. It was for his amusement to make us fall to damnation the way he had.

At that point, Ner'zhul was destroyed. Arthas had consumed him and taken sole control of the Scourge.
    Ok fair enough, correct on all counts, sorry. So then Arthas was kind of holding the Scourge back to get the best champions, and then he would do his actual final attack? How does his wanting to lure us relate to there needing to be a LK after him?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Ok fair enough, correct on all counts, sorry. So then Arthas was kind of holding the Scourge back to get the best champions, and then he would do his actual final attack? How does his wanting to lure us relate to there needing to be a LK after him?
    Yeah, if the Scourge without the Lich King is already dangerous enough to take over, what advantage did Arthas need by resurrecting the heroes as his champions? Just for amusement, making people like him fall down his same path? Seems awfully petty for an immensely powerful dark lord of the dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    How does his wanting to lure us relate to there needing to be a LK after him?
    Scourge + LK trying to win >> Scourge rampage sans LK >> Scourge + LK trying not to win. That last bit is the only thing that keeps us alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they do have a fair point, if Bolvar wants to be 'good' and all, why he doesn't just gather all undead in 1 (massive) spot, and throw a boulder over them from his giants or something, or ask a red dragon to burn them (and i'm sure they will be very happy to help)?
    Are the shaping him to be new LK ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    But they do have a fair point, if Bolvar wants to be 'good' and all, why he doesn't just gather all undead in 1 (massive) spot, and throw a boulder over them from his giants or something, or ask a red dragon to burn them (and i'm sure they will be very happy to help)?
    Bolvar did his part. Metzen said, "If we were writing it as a novel, with him on that Frozen Throne, the Scourge has gone to sleep in Northrend." Why didn't anyone go up there and murder all the sleeping Scourge? The denizens of Azeroth really dropped the ball on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    The more I talk and read about it, the more theories formulate in my head. Maybe Bolvar CAN'T. Maybe his power over the Scourge isn't strong enough, or there's some failsafe the burning legion put in the helm to make sure the LK can't self-terminate his forces, I dunno.

As for Arthas holding back, what if he knew things we didn't then or still don't know? Like he was keeping the Scourge on standby for when the legion inevitably returned. It would have been bad if they came back when the Scourge was spread thin scouring life from the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerm View Post
    The more I talk and read about it, the more theories formulate in my head. Maybe Bolvar CAN'T. Maybe his power over the Scourge isn't strong enough, or there's some failsafe the burning legion put in the helm to make sure the LK can't self-terminate his forces, I dunno.

As for Arthas holding back, what if he knew things we didn't then or still don't know? Like he was keeping the Scourge on standby for when the legion inevitably returned. It would have been bad if they came back when the Scourge was spread thin scouring life from the planet.
    Yeap future expansion leeches flood our capitals sayin : we have sacrificed everything and have faith in the true kings plan. Who knows maybe Bolvar is the boy king that serves in the masters table offering lies.
    Original.